Its Goff time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm leaning towards the refusal to punt too. There was no rhyme or reason for that considering how the defense was playing in 2nd half. Buffalo may have been given the go-ahead TD, but it was Keenum who helped bring them back from an early 1st half deficit too. If we're gonna acknowledge the bad, we should kind of acknowledge the good too. He made a lot of good throws to the intermediate zones this game and extended some drives.

One bad mistake (which happens to the best of them) doesn't decide an entire game.

In this case, it kind of did. It basically pushed them down the slippery slope towards a loss. It led to Keenum not hitting Quick on that 3rd down play. That led to the fake punt. That led to another TD. That led to another INT.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher takes the heat for the fake punt. But who gave them the pick six? Who refused to throw to an open Brian Quick on the 3rd down preceding the fake punt?

The decks were cleared on that last drive, and we were down by only 4 points. If want to blame people, blame theOline for not blocking better on that drive...Blame Gurley for not living up to being the "next AP" (AP faced stacked boxes for years and still made yards)..Blame the defense for being soft up the gut ALL game. and yes, blame Keenum for the Pick 6. It's myopic to blame the QB when a lot of other stuff was going wrong. I blame Fisher more, because he's the adult in the room...HE'S the Head Coach, that didn't trust his defense to make a stop, nor his special teams players to make a play, nor his Offense to make a TD after getting the ball back. That desperation move/fake punt deep in our territory was saying you didn't trust your team, and so he tried to win by trickeration. That's a worse sin in my book, because the Pick 6 was already baked into the cake on that pivotal last drive. Maybe Goff is the next Comeback Kid and would have won, but we don't know jack about him yet, for real.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In this case, it kind of did. It basically pushed them down the slippery slope towards a loss. It led to Keenum not hitting Quick on that 3rd down play. That led to the fake punt. That led to another TD. That led to another INT.
Ight then. I really don't wanna debate who was responsible for the loss.
If you wanna put it on Keenum, then okay. I just saw a few other reasons for it too.

It's all good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm leaning towards the refusal to punt too. There was no rhyme or reason for that considering how the defense was playing in 2nd half. Buffalo may have been given the go-ahead TD, but it was Keenum who helped bring them back from an early 1st half deficit too. If we're gonna acknowledge the bad, we should kind of acknowledge the good too. He made a lot of good throws to the intermediate zones this game and extended some drives.

One bad mistake (which happens to the best of them) doesn't decide an entire game.
More then one bad mistake.
He missed Quick wide open for TD
Threw pick 6
Refused to throw to Quick wide open before fake punt.
Yes he did have some good throws but all 3 of those were costly.
Our Wr are playing better then they ever have. They need somebody to get them the ball consistently. Case is Austin Davis big brother. He's just a hair better then Austin

WestCoastRam

Legend
Fisher showed a long leash with Austin Davis. I think we're gonna need to see some more poor ball security before Keenum get's pulled.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey guys, if Goff is ready right now, I am all for putting the kid in. But that doesn't fit Fishers MO, is all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cooper ran the route correctly. He's trying to pick the CB. The problem is that Keenum simply didn't have the arm to get the ball there. It hung in the air, which allowed the CB to undercut it.
That's absolutely false. That route was lazy and the defender made a good play. Even if Keenum put some extra hot sauce on it, it's still a pick.
You don't have to try-hard to convince everyone that Keenum is a lesser QB than Goff. There's enough momentum today for that to gain traction on its own.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
More then one bad mistake.
He missed Quick wide open for TD
Threw pick 6
Refused to throw to Quick wide open before fake punt.
Yes he did have some good throws but all 3 of those were costly.
Our Wr are playing better then they ever have. They need somebody to get them the ball consistently. Case is Austin Davis big brother. He's just a hair better then Austin
I get all that. We watched the same game.
Better QB play would have yielded more favorable results, I don't dispute that.
But this loss is far from one man's responsibility. That's all I'm saying.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree about the route, I thought it was all Keenum's fault but after rewatching it, I don't know what kind of route Cooper was running, if it was an out, horrible job by drifting up field as opposed to cutting and staying perpendicular. If it wasn't an out, I'm not sure what he was running... a fade? I don't think we can categorically tell who's fault it was just by looking at the tape.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher showed a long leash with Austin Davis. I think we're gonna need to see some more poor ball security before Keenum get's pulled.
Great . Wait till we lose 3 straight and then make the change , and then the draft talk starts again . Oh wait we dont have any picks cause we traded the farm for a kid that can't beat out Keenum .

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get all that. We watched the same game.
Better QB play would have yielded more favorable results, I don't dispute that.
But this loss is far from one man's responsibility. That's all I'm saying.
You can add Gurley , Ogletree , and Barron to the list . Total team effort

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher takes the heat for the fake punt. But who gave them the pick six? Who refused to throw to an open Brian Quick on the 3rd down preceding the fake punt?
We are not going to agree

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Selfishly the thought of a QB change is exciting, but I do not wish this mess on Goff. If he goes in there he's gonna get killed by this o-line and roasted for taking over a "winning" team and losing. As of now I hope he sits the rest of the season, maybe that changes at some point but inserting him now I think would be a disaster.

I kind of have to agree with you. I would love to see Goff in there but I really don't see him coming out and lighting it up and making us a completely different team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That play doesn't fall on Cooper.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000718146/Nickell-Robey-Coleman-picks-off-Case-Keenum-takes-it-in-for-a-TD

Cooper ran the route correctly. He's trying to pick the CB. The problem is that Keenum simply didn't have the arm to get the ball there. It hung in the air, which allowed the CB to undercut it.

that play had zero chance of success no matter who the qb was. the problem was that case threw the ball to a covered man who was always gonna be undercut. dumb.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The decks were cleared on that last drive, and we were down by only 4 points. If want to blame people, blame theOline for not blocking better on that drive...Blame Gurley for not living up to being the "next AP" (AP faced stacked boxes for years and still made yards)..Blame the defense for being soft up the gut ALL game. and yes, blame Keenum for the Pick 6. It's myopic to blame the QB when a lot of other stuff was going wrong. I blame Fisher more, because he's the adult in the room...HE'S the Head Coach, that didn't trust his defense to make a stop, nor his special teams players to make a play, nor his Offense to make a TD after getting the ball back. That desperation move/fake punt deep in our territory was saying you didn't trust your team, and so he tried to win by trickeration. That's a worse sin in my book, because the Pick 6 was already baked into the cake on that pivotal last drive. Maybe Goff is the next Comeback Kid and would have won, but we don't know jack about him yet, for real.

It was 4th down because Keenum didn't pull the trigger on 3rd down.

The QB earned blame today. So did Fisher. But I'm not buying the blocked punt as the play that changed the game. The pick six is the play that completely changed the game. Ultimately, it was the decisive factor in the loss.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Something worth mentioning. With Goff, I am pretty sure we'd be better in the redzone. And maybe then we don't have every mistake blow up in our face and result in victory slipping away, since we won't be dooming ourselves to razor thing margins of error.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's absolutely false. That route was lazy and the defender made a good play. Even if Keenum put some extra hot sauce on it, it's still a pick.
You don't have to try-hard to convince everyone that Keenum is a lesser QB than Goff. There's enough momentum today for that to gain traction on its own.

That's incorrect, X. He's trying to run the route as closely as he can to the other WR and DB to pick the CB. Keenum is supposed to put the ball out in front. Instead, Keenum's ball hung in the air and was under-thrown. That's 100% on Keenum.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree about the route, I thought it was all Keenum's fault but after rewatching it, I don't know what kind of route Cooper was running, if it was an out, horrible job by drifting up field as opposed to cutting and staying perpendicular. If it wasn't an out, I'm not sure what he was running... a fade? I don't think we can categorically tell who's fault it was just by looking at the tape.

It's an out route. But it's designed to use the go route as a pick play. Thus, Cooper's job is to make his break as close as possible to the outside WR and DB. They do that so the CB is either picked or forced to come underneath the route. Thus, the appropriate throw is to put the ball out in front of the WR. Keenum's throw hung in the air and forced Cooper to slow down coming out of the break because it was under-thrown. That allowed Robey to undercut it.

It was a nice play by Robey. But it was also a bad throw by Keenum. He has to put the ball out in front of the WR with some mustard on it.