Is Mannion the best QB on the roster right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@Mojo Ram im going to stop @dieterbrock im just messing with you Man. I'm fully on board with Goff and I will be his biggest cheerleader come game 1 until then I'm just going to have fun speculating
You can stop if you want. There's nothing wrong with discussion. It just seems to me that you're trying REALLY hard to create a QB controversy where there clearly isn't one in Rams camp.

That could change obviously once the season starts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Case Keenum better than Bradford?
yes.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact remains his touchdowns was being downplayed because it wasn't against starters and now he is faced with the not scoring enough touchdowns even though he still led scoring drives
That's not what you said, not even close.
Logic- if scoring touchdowns against 2nd rate defense isnt impressive, then scoring LESS touchdowns is LESS impressive.
Goffs get brought up because people don't want to give credit to Mannion they always say it's against backups but when Goff goes 4/5 he is being proclaimed as Great. If PFF rating Goff the highest passer I wouldn't be tearing him down like a lot of people did Mannion, I'm only pointing out the double standards of both QBs
But you keep bringing up Goff, why cant the discussion be about Mannion?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can stop if you want. There's nothing wrong with discussion. It just seems to me that you're trying REALLY hard to create a QB controversy where there clearly isn't one in Rams camp.

That could change obviously once the season starts.

Trust me I know who the starter is and once the season start I would be rooting for Goff the same way I did last year. I didn't say anything negative about Goff during the season and I'm going to be the same way this year.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not what you said, not even close.
Logic- if scoring touchdowns against 2nd rate defense isnt impressive, then scoring LESS touchdowns is LESS impressive.

But you keep bringing up Goff, why cant the discussion be about Mannion?

Because it's only not impressive because it was Mannion and Goff couldn't score touchdowns against anyone last preseason. They didn't even play Mannion in the 2nd game because they wanted Goff to score and he couldn't lol but since it was Mannion and not the golden boy it's not impressive lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because there weren't enough threads already we had to resurrect one from last year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because it's only not impressive because it was Mannion and Goff couldn't score touchdowns against anyone last preseason. They didn't even play Mannion in the 2nd game because they wanted Goff to score and he couldn't lol but since it was Mannion and not the golden boy it's not impressive lol
Goff sucked last season, we get it. But that still doesn't change the fact that Mannion could only lead 2 TD drives this pre-season despite taking most of the snaps. And back to the point, NOBODY "crucified" Mannion for scoring too much, you made that up.
I just dont understand why a conversation about Mannion, and concerns about him lead to tearing down Goff.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Why is no one giving Dan Orlovsky any love on here? He's obviously the most experienced QB on the roster.

JRobinson

MiLB
. Let me just ask a simple question preceeded by a statement: Goff and Mannion have been seen by 2 regimes now. If either coaching staff thought that Mannion was better at this point or any point, wouldn't he be starting?

I'm not implying that you folks shouldn't talk about roster battles, or anything regarding the Rams for that matter. But, I tell ya, if you want respect (whatever that means to you) or the time of day from posters like myself, these threads won't be created.

Again, not condemning the OP in particular, but why would I waste my time and thoughts on a topic that is meaningless? But carry on, I get it, we like controversy and drama as fans. I just like discussing reality based upon action(s).

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff sucked last season, we get it. But that still doesn't change the fact that Mannion could only lead 2 TD drives this pre-season despite taking most of the snaps. And back to the point, NOBODY "crucified" Mannion for scoring too much, you made that up.
I just dont understand why a conversation about Mannion, and concerns about him lead to tearing down Goff.
I didn't make anything up all the talk about what he was doing against backup are crucifying him because it wasn't done against starters lol.

What have Goff done?? Absolutely nothing. I don't tear down Goff when Goff makes a great play I say so I don't say things like awe the WR bailed him out or he playing against backups or it's just preseason. No those are the qualifiers that posters like yourself put on Mannion and that is him being crucified because you only want to acknowledge the bad and any good that he does do come with qualifiers on them. Just like the 2 throws last game to Cooper and Reynolds, it's he's going to get them killed and all that bs but if that was Goff it would have been completely different no body said nothing about the strike that Mannion threw to Reynolds that he dropped but all last year we heard about that drop to Cooper that Proves Goff had "IT". That is crucifixion whether you choose to acknowledge that or not that's on you it's not my job to prove it to you when it's clear.

The point and the fact remains that Goff hasn't done anything that people on this board said he was. All I heard about was his sweet feet only to see him run into sacks all I heard was he has great accuracy to see all of his deep balls go out of bounds. But me myself when Goff plays I support him, all last year I didn't bash him or "tear" him down everything I saw and everything I post on this board is a direct response to the differences of how these two QBs are treated. I show Goff a lot more love and patience then people do with Mannion because any time Mannion does anything positive it's a direct reflection of Goff. If Goff ass would finally play like a franchise qb then posters wouldn't be so butt hurt anytime Mannion goes out there and do things Goff has yet to do

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't make anything up all the talk about what he was doing against backup are crucifying him because it wasn't done against starters lol.

What have Goff done?? Absolutely nothing. I don't tear down Goff when Goff makes a great play I say so I don't say things like awe the WR bailed him out or he playing against backups or it's just preseason. No those are the qualifiers that posters like yourself put on Mannion and that is him being crucified because you only want to acknowledge the bad and any good that he does do come with qualifiers on them. Just like the 2 throws last game to Cooper and Reynolds, it's he's going to get them killed and all that bs but if that was Goff it would have been completely different no body said nothing about the strike that Mannion threw to Reynolds that he dropped but all last year we heard about that drop to Cooper that Proves Goff had "IT". That is crucifixion whether you choose to acknowledge that or not that's on you it's not my job to prove it to you when it's clear.

The point and the fact remains that Goff hasn't done anything that people on this board said he was. All I heard about was his sweet feet only to see him run into sacks all I heard was he has great accuracy to see all of his deep balls go out of bounds. But me myself when Goff plays I support him, all last year I didn't bash him or "tear" him down everything I saw and everything I post on this board is a direct response to the differences of how these two QBs are treated. I show Goff a lot more love and patience then people do with Mannion because any time Mannion does anything positive it's a direct reflection of Goff. If Goff ass would finally play like a franchise qb then posters wouldn't be so butt hurt anytime Mannion goes out there and do things Goff has yet to do
I thought the subject was Mannion?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Let me just ask a simple question preceeded by a statement: Goff and Mannion have been seen by 2 regimes now. If either coaching staff thought that Mannion was better at this point or any point, wouldn't he be starting?

I'm not implying that you folks shouldn't talk about roster battles, or anything regarding the Rams for that matter. But, I tell ya, if you want respect (whatever that means to you) or the time of day from posters like myself, these threads won't be created.

Again, not condemning the OP in particular, but why would I waste my time and thoughts on a topic that is meaningless? But carry on, I get it, we like controversy and drama as fans. I just like discussing reality based upon action(s).
Bro you just wasted your time and thoughts on responding so why respond.?

As for as 2 different coaching staffs 1 didn't want to play Goff and I would bet that some didn't even want to draft a Qb so now they have to save face and see if that pick works out no one wants to be the franchise that traded up for a qb and that qb don't work out. I'm all for Goff getting his fair share because last year he didn't get it, but make no mistake that if Goff goes out there and perform like he did last year he is out

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the subject was Mannion?
It is or is that not clear. It's the fact that when he does something positive it's not positive to you and others but in correlation with Goff it's different