Is Mannion the best QB on the roster right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
See, I'm not so sure they play on equal footing...The time they play is key....Keenum plays behind the #1 line...with the #1 receivers....Mannion plays against 3rd string defenders...so...who knows what would happen if any of these circumstances were changed? Give them all time with the 1st string line....at least...against the 1st & 2nd string defense...only way to really tell.
I agree that is why after last week's performance I'd like to see Mannion get time against the 1's this week, and Goff next week. I think we know what Keenum can do so let's find out what else we have.

Then whoever is going to be the week 1 starter should get the last preseason game to get ready.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Tell me this who is the best on the Rams right now and what are you basing it on?

Right at this moment I'd have to go with Keenum. There's not enough to base anything off Goff and Mannion. Even though Mannion had a lot more snaps, its still not enough to base anything on.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find it interesting that a year later we now are complaining about Mannion not scoring enough touchdowns against 3rd stringers when last year he was being crucified because he did score too many lol. Just read through some of these post and look at the double standard. People saying don't praise Mannion for a series but when Goff went 4-5 he was "great" lol I wish we had the funny rating back then cause it was some truly epic responses here

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find it interesting that a year later we now are complaining about Mannion not scoring enough touchdowns against 3rd stringers when last year he was being crucified because he did score too many lol. Just read through some of these post and look at the double standard. People saying don't praise Mannion for a series but when Goff went 4-5 he was "great" lol I wish we had the funny rating back then cause it was some truly epic responses here
Where did anyone criticize him for scoring too many? Kind of a straw man there no?
Funny going through this thread it sadly shows that the complaints were the same as last year, with less production....

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where did anyone criticize him for scoring too many? Kind of a straw man there no?
Funny going through this thread it sadly shows that the complaints were the same as last year, with less production....
Lol people saying him doing that against 4-5th stringers lol that's complaining about him with the comeback win. Funny all the predictions about Goff still isn't true

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol people saying him doing that against 4-5th stringers lol that's complaining about him with the comeback win. Funny all the predictions about Goff still isn't true
No that isnt the same thing at all, actually its pretty disingenuous to say that. Not overly impressed with scoring against 4th - 5th stringers means NOT scoring against 4th -5th stringers is worse...
I get you like Mannion and all, but dont make stuff up, its not a good look

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No that isnt the same thing at all, actually its pretty disingenuous to say that. Not overly impressed with scoring against 4th - 5th stringers means NOT scoring against 4th -5th stringers is worse...
I get you like Mannion and all, but dont make stuff up, its not a good look
How isn't that the same?? The guy scores 3 touchdowns it's he did that against 4/5th stringers then when he only scores 2 touchdowns it's he can't score against 4/5 th stringers. So which one is it, he don't get credit when he do score and then when he don't he still terrible lol explain to me that logic. When he had the highest PFF rating people bashed him for that their own backup qb when that had nothing to do with Goff. The fact is no matter what he do it won't be good enough for some You included

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I myself am a big fan of both...Goff and Mannion. ... I think we are set at qb for a long time. I will pick Goff but Sean has been impressive. ...;)

Go Rams...... ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How isn't that the same?? The guy scores 3 touchdowns it's he did that against 4/5th stringers then when he only scores 2 touchdowns it's he can't score against 4/5 th stringers. So which one is it, he don't get credit when he do score and then when he don't he still terrible lol explain to me that logic. When he had the highest PFF rating people bashed him for that their own backup qb when that had nothing to do with Goff. The fact is no matter what he do it won't be good enough for some You included
Just stop-
Now you are moving the goal posts. Show me where "he was being crucified because he did score too many".
Didnt happen.
Not being impressed at the level of competition is not even close to what you are suggesting.
Argue his merits, but making stuff up is bush league.
Point is, at least last year he was able to have a 3 td game, this year against equally poor competition he could only muster 2 td total in 3 games.
Same logic

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@dieterbrock

He had a decent game but he nearly threw two pic sixes also . He's not the answer

No way of knowing.
Playing vs 4th and 5th stringers is not a true test. He has measurables for sure.
Playing on Sunday vs a startin defense that has had time to get a book on him and prepare to face him....totally different thing.
Keenum is the best player at the position now probably by a decent margin. He had shown the ability to be solid on Sunday, to read a D to get the ball out on time ect.

First preseason game against 3rd and 4th stringers? I think I'd taper down the expectations.

Loved seeing Mannion have success, but come on. I can't remember any impressive throws, all he did was dump the ball to Spruce, Green, etc. and they were able to run through the Dallas scrubs

If you want to judge based off his stats in last week's game, then he is the best QB, but I wouldn't start him over Case or Goff just because he had a nice performance against the Dallas backups.

Why do people make post like this? It was one preseason game.

I remember watching Brock Berlin play great in the 2nd half of games too

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sure is alot of QB drama up in here this week....
200.webp

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Mojo Ram im going to stop @dieterbrock im just messing with you Man. I'm fully on board with Goff and I will be his biggest cheerleader come game 1 until then I'm just going to have fun speculating
Just looking for the "he was being crucified because he did score too many" posts, havent found it yet....

Also, this never had anything to do with Goff, I dont know why he gets brought up

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just looking for the "he was being crucified because he did score too many" posts, havent found it yet....
The fact remains his touchdowns was being downplayed because it wasn't against starters and now he is faced with the not scoring enough touchdowns even though he still led scoring drives

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goffs get brought up because people don't want to give credit to Mannion they always say it's against backups but when Goff goes 4/5 he is being proclaimed as Great. If PFF rating Goff the highest passer I wouldn't be tearing him down like a lot of people did Mannion, I'm only pointing out the double standards of both QBs