Goff Final PFF Grade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you prefer "athletic types."
So did Fisher... guys like Robinson, Quick, Britt, Austin... oh, wait. :LOL:

Where did drafting and acquiring "athletic types" get Fisher?

As soon as he could, McVay jettisoned them - all except Austin, and his days as a Ram are now numbered.

NE doesn't horde "athletic types"... yeah, maybe one or two but that's it.

Trying to build a team around dumb "athletes" doesn't work... again, ask Jeff Fisher and Sean McVay.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
A 5'10" 186 pound WR with thoroughly underwhelming numbers at the NFL Combine is an "athletic type" because he's amazing at football.
A guy that celebrates with front flips in not an "athletic type"?

Sanchez could play....coaching played a part in his performance.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Sanchez could play....coaching played a part in his performance.

so champ are you saying if you think a player is good and he doesn't work out its do to bad coaching. and when you think a player is bad and works out he's just a trailer being pulled by a team that's a tractor. sounds like you can't be wrong if so is there a qb in this years draft that you think can't miss

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff had a much better season than any of us could have possibly have hoped for. That any Rams fan would somehow be disappointed with Goff's season is mindboggling.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Are these all the same opinions that had Goff a bust after last year?! Because they should have not be en stats based, rather looking at the whole supporting cast!
Granted Goff didn't merit much praise but how about one Mulligan!?

Ramzheart

Rookie
Clearly, this is not based on anything logical... if it's their "opinion", they I have to remind people about opinions and assholes.

I have to disagree... no, he didn't orchestrate dramatic come-from-behind wins and carry the team on his shoulders but, he demonstrated the ability to go through his progressions while under siege and make some remarkable plays.

I think calling him "serviceable" is a bit harsh. I don't think a "serviceable" QB could have gotten the team as far as they went. He's an above-average QB (regardless of PFF's "opinions").
Why was he voted to replace Wentz in the Pro bowl if this is his grade

Ramzheart

Rookie
I miss the back and fourth....seriously counselor....I tell my nephew about you all the time...he's a civil attorney...
First game...I was looking at it yesterday....Peyton targeted Marvin Harrison 18 times! Love that...love it...just didn't work out vs a pretty tough Titan team...Fishers team....same one that held the GSOT....very physical. But yeah 16 points, for a 13-3 team led by 2nd year Peyton Manning...
Second game...famous game as well....Raiders vs Pats....
It was freezing....snow....tuck rule...no comparison...at home, Gannon scores more than 13 points.

3rd game....no answer...you win...Brees was relatively hot too...started hot....OT was so-so...but you win....400 yards total...really decent stats....vs the Jets...no explanation....Only thing he didn't have was a #1 wr....but he did have LT. This kinda crap got Marty Schott fired.

4th game was Herm Edwards on the other endthose Jets....Don't know how Herm won with them...he said Chad Pennington was a good QB....I believe him...but he was nothing special....follow me..."nothing special"....vs the Steelers....Troy Palu....was out there...

5th game...Colts vs Ravens....really? Luck vs Ray Lewis....affectionately known as "killer" Ray to me and mines....LOL...Ed Reed too....Luck really targeted his wr's too...not Marvin...that other guy....dude on NFLN now...oh yeah, Reggie Wayne...I always thought Wayne was better than Marvin...Another game where a QB starts slow...giving momentum to the opponent...Luck hasn't done much in the playoffs...the little he has done, he's done it on his own.

So five games to compare...I see some similarities in 2....Peyton especially...2nd year....big turnaround...1st pick overall. Brees a little too....

Brees is the only one that was on his game...

All targeted their primary playmaker......#1 threat....the guy I'd like to say scores the most TD's...the most.

Most of these QB's...rather...all of them....made their coordinators....IMO...of course....and this has been proven...the players MADE the offense...not the other way around.

Good points....though...

I still say, McVay put the game in our QB's hands.....near perfect conditions....started slowly...and wasn't quite on his game....some passes missed.....or were a lil off target...not allowing receivers to gain yards after the catch....and my #1 peeve...complaint...crap that's still got me ticked (besides helping me throw away my top ROD $$$$ winner)....was the lack of targets to Watkins...over say, Higbee (I could add his bestie, Kupp here as well, Woods too)....and lack of touches to Gurley...inaccurate passes downfield....inaccurate passes on the move...in near perfect conditions (only complaints is/were the field, but many would say, wrs have the advantage in this scenario...I'd agree)....45 passes...and all those garbage time stats in the 4th quarter....the things PFF & QBR rate poorly on....yet 13 points...vs the Falcons...I guess their defense is good/fast...whatever....they aint getting any worse that's for sure...that team is put together...they looked faster.
How is it garbage time in the fourth when were still in the game in the fourth?

nighttrain

Legend
last season i give Goff a mulligan, our MVP and ALL WORLD RB Todd Gurley described last season offense as middle school, that might have been a compliment
train

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
so champ are you saying if you think a player is good and he doesn't work out its do to bad coaching. and when you think a player is bad and works out he's just a trailer being pulled by a team that's a tractor. sounds like you can't be wrong if so is there a qb in this years draft that you think can't miss
not necessarily....I would say most would agree we've had inadequate "offensive" coaching....so, most players that played under this system have been given a mulligan...a do over...I never said we have a bad QB....I think he's ok....decent. My main concern...complaint....guy has never won a big game. Don't like his attitude either...kinda, don't worry be happy....Calif. stoner....

In the history of the Rams, we've had several decent QB's....we had one great one...that I have seen. With the great one, we went to 2 SB's.....winning one.

I like several QB's in this draft...no clue if they'll be successful...
Darnold, and Rosen are pretty damn good. I like the kid outta Wyoming....not as much as the LA QB's....but he has all the tools. I like Jackson....I like the kid outta Oklahoma St. I like the kid that played in the senior bowl...White...not sure about Mayfield....arm strength and size could be an issue. But, he has that something I like....fire.

Goff had a much better season than any of us could have possibly have hoped for. That any Rams fan would somehow be disappointed with Goff's season is mindboggling.
I hope for a SB every year....don't we have pro players too? pro coaches? then, why not us? Not disappointed in his season....I thought he did fine....I thought in several games...big games...he showed what he is...game manager...trailer style...nothing wrong with that....won't win many playoff games...damn sure can't win a SB....UNLESS, we develop a top tier defense....which...with the construction of our team...will be difficult.
How is it garbage time in the fourth when were still in the game in the fourth?
up two scores in a game like that....dinking and dunking down the field...opponent LETTING US MOVE THE BALL.....only concerned with giving up the big play....garbage time. Check the play by play of the drive...2 yard passes...

Every game in the wildcard round was a 7 point (one score) or less spread final score.....pretty evenly matched teams....except us. At home....vs the #6 seed....the lowest seeded team.

I get it...yall want me to jump on board....all aboard....Super Bowl in 2019....2020....Some are just happy we're winning games...This team had a great opportunity...and the way it's constructed, plus free agency, it will change...we'll see if it's for the better...or the worse. Any team just throwing away a Mark Barron...or a Robert Quinn....I just don't see how this helps a weak defense....I don't see any adjustments that can make an greatly schemed offensive system improve...Players make plays...Against a top team...we got a peek at how "good" our playmakers really are....especially the ones we relied on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We really just need to come to the realization that Goff could go 30-30 for 500 yards and 10 TD's without taking a sack or getting hit. After the game go home and bang the entire roster of 2017 playmates and have his home chef Gordon Ramsey prepare him dinner. And Champ would still find a way to tick and moan about Jared.
This post is totally out of line.
There is no way Champ would care about Gordon Ramsey

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Darnold, and Rosen are pretty damn good. I like the kid outta Wyoming....not as much as the LA QB's....but he has all the tools. I like Jackson....I like the kid outta Oklahoma St. I like the kid that played in the senior bowl...White...not sure about Mayfield....arm strength and size could be an issue. But, he has that something I like....fire.

if your not sure about the qbs from above then how can you be so sure goff won't develop into a stud.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
if your not sure about the qbs from above then how can you be so sure goff won't develop into a stud.
As a fan and anticipating the draft, I looked at QB's....I had already seen quite a few Pac-12 QB's....esp. Andrew Luck...and a guy SC had....little dude...maybe Matt Barkley....Initially I thought Goff and Wentz could both be successful...which they are...As the process kept going, you could just see a lil edge going to Wentz....the way he played...the way he talked...the natural ability....the size and speed. Then his mental....his mental game I'd call it....They have all these shows....and Wentz was a natural on the white board with Jon Gruden....describing a play...I thought it was clearly a difference in Goff...like he hadn't done any of that before....kinda clueless....the hardknocks stuff...I then rewatched some games....and noticed...he never beat a ranked team....never a good team. Which is kinda shocking in 3 years....
I won't lie and say he'll NEVER be a stud....l don't know....but I seriously doubt it. I just don't see the worker of a Tom Brady...hell, I don't see a worker like Case Keenum. I see a decent QB with plus skills....still doesn't throw a tight enough deep ball....Guys that impress me can scramble....and can also throw the bomb....

Easy way to win, run the ball, and play action passes...deep passes.

You never know what type of system a kid will go to....thrive in...I'm interested in seeing where Lamar Jackson goes....Same with Josh Allen....to guys with excellent arms...Darnold is almost in their class, but has that "it" I like. Rosen seems a lil Goff like...maybe a lil sharper...but has plus skills....Looks like he went to a QB coach out of the womb.....Sleeper to me is the kid from Oklahoma St.....all could be successful in the right system...sorta like McVay....all could fail under a guy like Jeff Fisher...

Easier to win in playoffs with a guy that gets it....has plus tools...and has a offense around him (Line, weapons, coaching)....

If you can't win in the playoffs.....what are we here for? Andy Dalton? Matt Ryan? Donavan McNabb??

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not necessarily....I would say most would agree we've had inadequate "offensive" coaching....so, most players that played under this system have been given a mulligan...a do over...I never said we have a bad QB....I think he's ok....decent. My main concern...complaint....guy has never won a big game. Don't like his attitude either...kinda, don't worry be happy....Calif. stoner....

In the history of the Rams, we've had several decent QB's....we had one great one...that I have seen. With the great one, we went to 2 SB's.....winning one.

I hope for a SB every year....don't we have pro players too? pro coaches? then, why not us? Not disappointed in his season....I thought he did fine....I thought in several games...big games...he showed what he is...game manager...trailer style...nothing wrong with that....won't win many playoff games...damn sure can't win a SB....UNLESS, we develop a top tier defense....which...with the construction of our team...will be difficult.
up two scores in a game like that....dinking and dunking down the field...opponent LETTING US MOVE THE BALL.....only concerned with giving up the big play....garbage time. Check the play by play of the drive...2 yard passes...

Every game in the wildcard round was a 7 point (one score) or less spread final score.....pretty evenly matched teams....except us. At home....vs the #6 seed....the lowest seeded team.

I get it...yall want me to jump on board....all aboard....Super Bowl in 2019....2020....Some are just happy we're winning games...This team had a great opportunity...and the way it's constructed, plus free agency, it will change...we'll see if it's for the better...or the worse. Any team just throwing away a Mark Barron...or a Robert Quinn....I just don't see how this helps a weak defense....I don't see any adjustments that can make an greatly schemed offensive system improve...Players make plays...Against a top team...we got a peek at how "good" our playmakers really are....especially the ones we relied on.

But even if you think he's a game manager right now, he is young and has plenty of room to improve. That should make all of us excited.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But even if you think he's a game manager right now, he is young and has plenty of room to improve. That should make all of us excited.
Hey, it's gonna take a lot for @LACHAMP46 to be impressed by Goff. That much is clear.

So, I'm not gonna try to convince him at this stage... no point.

And I can identify with some of his skepticism... I know, for me, I want to see another very successful season. This franchise has pulled the rug out from under me too many times for me to start gulping Kool-aid too soon.

But... I AM very much looking forward to next year... exciting - for the first time in a long time!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This post is totally out of line.
There is no way Champ would care about Gordon Ramsey

Gordon Ramsey cracks me the F up. Dude should have been a coach in the NFL...

upload_2018-1-29_12-23-41.jpeg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I just saw some highlights of the pro bowl....man....and you guys that are my age or older...yall know....it's all good tho....I guess in 2019....we'll be revisiting PFF's final grade....can't wait. David Carr gets you excited....Wentz....hell, Watson....Matt Ryan doesn't get me....neither does Case....Nick Foles....anyone here think he have a chance? He does have 2...slim and none...and I think the Eagles have a way better team than New England....but something the Pats have makes them winners....wonder what it is????:thinking:

Bill Belichick woulda been a good guess....close..