Goff Final PFF Grade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If that's the case, Goff just went from having stats at the bottom of the NFL in Year 1 to having stats on par with Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz, etc. in Year 2. He's satisfied your demands. Of course, you're not going to admit that.
He did what he was supposed to do....he improved....I'm only pointing out....he's probably maxed out....as in, reached his ceiling. Not sure if that's on par with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He did what he was supposed to do....he improved....I'm only pointing out....he's probably maxed out....as in, reached his ceiling. Not sure if that's on par with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

I'm guessing that Peyton Manning maxed out his sophomore year. No way he could get better...oh, wait.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And there we are, you weren't being honest when you said:
Most improvement is between years 1 & 2.....that's all I claim....MOST IMPROVEMENT.

Now, you're trying to claim that Goff is maxed out as a second-year player. I will repeat my challenge to you:
The proof is in the pudding. Find me five veteran QBs whose first or second years were the best of their careers, and you'll have shown us five QBs who didn't live up to their billing. Keep digging the whole deeper. All you're doing is putting your credibility on its knees and repeatedly shooting it in the back of the head.

Go on. Go find me five recent QBs who were maxed out in Year 2 of their careers. What I guarantee you won't find are QBs who were among the top picks in the Draft who put up a season like Goff did in their second years in the NFL.

I don't expect you to support your claim because it's a lot easier to spout crazy things than it is to back them up.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ok, I tried to slip him past ya....he does run around quite well and often...just not past the line of scrimmage.

I mainly was talking about "making" it to the SB....They did lose when there....I'm sure they have a pretty good winning %%% in the playoffs overall. Most of their losses came to Brady or Ben....not a bad resume if you ask me.

So why ignore the inverse? You're calling for 20% of the last 20 SB QB's, while ignoring the other 80%. 90% of SB winners the past 10 years have been pocket passers, Wilson being the only exception, and he isn't like most scrambles. By your own parameters, we have the QB more likely to win us a Super Bowl. Also why is just making the Super Bowl okay? Why isn't winning it what's important? Otherwise what's the difference between going out in the first round (as you have voiced your displeasure about) and being the Super Bowl loser? Either way, you're not going out on top.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So why ignore the inverse? You're calling for 20% of the last 20 SB QB's, while ignoring the other 80%. 90% of SB winners the past 10 years have been pocket passers, Wilson being the only exception, and he isn't like most scrambles. By your own parameters, we have the QB more likely to win us a Super Bowl. Also why is just making the Super Bowl okay? Why isn't winning it what's important? Otherwise what's the difference between going out in the first round (as you have voiced your displeasure about) and being the Super Bowl loser? Either way, you're not going out on top.
Good point. He basically called the entire board out and said "yall must be ok with losing" since we didn't tear down our team and our QB after a playoff loss.... Par for that guy's course tho....

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Most improvement is between years 1 & 2.....that's all I claim....MOST IMPROVEMENT.
That's biggest percentage of improvement, doesn't mean improvement stops. Also looking at QBs that doesn't always hold true. Look at Breese, his big jump came in his 3rd or 4th year and if you l
Ok, I tried to slip him past ya....he does run around quite well and often...just not past the line of scrimmage.

I mainly was talking about "making" it to the SB....They did lose when there....I'm sure they have a pretty good winning %%% in the playoffs overall. Most of their losses came to Brady or Ben....not a bad resume if you ask me.
Brees moves about as much as brady.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I cant stop laughing after reading all this. the Bar gets moved all over the place:blah::blah::blah::blah: then he says he wants a running QB when the stats show they don't win superbowlso_O:banghead: haha. I cant take it any more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wow::football:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I've never been much of a optimist....LA makes guys like me, glass is half empty....sorry, it's the way I'm wired now....what can go wrong, usually will.

I thought you were the laid back life-of-the-party guy?

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Why you guys keep feeding the troll ? 10 pages later and we've gotten nowhere. The man doesn't like Goff and nothing we say will change that. At this point he's just laughing how he can keep you all going for 10 plus pages with his nonsense. Sorry Champ :neener:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Cuz it’s kinda amusing really ....
in a sad sort of way.

Gotta’ feel sorry for someone that detached from reality.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
976E997C-3D63-4E2C-9759-288BE7C7C41E.jpeg

Seen this fucker 10 pages in and knew it wouldn’t turn into a legit debate. Should have known better. Anyways, Goff MVP next year.or at least in the running. Then you’ll have Champ saying Goffs a tractor now, but just a Power Wheels tractor.

It’s funny watching him troll and everybody tries to debate him like there is a stopping or reasoning point.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Why you guys keep feeding the troll ? 10 pages later and we've gotten nowhere. The man doesn't like Goff and nothing we say will change that. At this point he's just laughing how he can keep you all going for 10 plus pages with his nonsense. Sorry Champ :neener:
This happens with basically every thread about Goff. The first few pages are general praise for Goff, then the inevitable Wentz mention, then it becomes Champ vs. the world.

I usually tell myself "Don't click on the link, you already know what this is", but I'm a bit forgetful.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm guessing that Peyton Manning maxed out his sophomore year. No way he could get better...oh, wait.
Greatest improvement...from year one to two....while he had better seasons...statistically...his greatest jump in most relevant stats are from year one to two....and, he had a pretty good 2nd year.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm
2004 and 2013 were fabulous....hard to doubt what many here have said...seems that his team in those years improved around him...allowing more attempts...his Denver teams were loaded. The 2004 Colts had HOF caliber talent around him on offense...Same player, more talent around him.
That's just one QB....want me to find more?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff didn't show marked improvement in between years 1 & 2?:headexplosion:
Why yes he did....as he should.
Nowhere near, overall #1 QB improvement however.
I do like Goff...he's a nice player....sorta like Case and Nick were too.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's biggest percentage of improvement, doesn't mean improvement stops. Also looking at QBs that doesn't always hold true. Look at Breese, his big jump came in his 3rd or 4th year and if you l
Coaching counts for something....The years you speak of he went to Cam Cameron as his OC....with Marty...

While he didn't play much his first year....he was a much better player in year 2. With much better players around him in years 4 and 5.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm
Brees moves about as much as brady.
Moves more...and much better...IMO...Brees is a better athlete ( much better)...and moves better in the pocket than any QB playing at this moment.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So why ignore the inverse? You're calling for 20% of the last 20 SB QB's, while ignoring the other 80%. 90% of SB winners the past 10 years have been pocket passers, Wilson being the only exception, and he isn't like most scrambles. By your own parameters, we have the QB more likely to win us a Super Bowl. Also why is just making the Super Bowl okay? Why isn't winning it what's important?
I fail to see, where Wilson x2, Kaep x1, Cam x1, Ben x1, Rodgers x1...in the last 10 superbowls is 20%....
yall must be ok with losing
That's what it seems like....
since we didn't tear down our team and our QB after a playoff loss
Who tore down what? If we wanna win in the playoffs, we either need better QB play...or dominant defense....simple.