Goff Final PFF Grade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Pretty sure they will make Foles beat them. They'll commit to stopping the run first. And, any time Foles drops back, they'll put the heat on him.

Interestingly, that's exactly what PHI needs to do... pressure Brady early and often. If I'm the pHI head coach, I do not care... I bring it on every down. It is the only proven way to beat Brady and NE. Give him time and he'll kill you... opponents really have no choice.

Totally agree... it's kinda funny sometimes... like some players (especially WRs) get this "rep" that they are a "#1 Receiver"... even if they don't produce in line with that lofty title.

Watkins was not a #1 WR in 2017... compared to all his peers in the NFL? He was average at best.
he did make some really spectacular catches, + 8 TDs nothing to sneeze at
train

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you can find the definition, please post it.
Perhaps a picture will do?

images

images

Or an article with quotes from a guy that know what one looks like
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ck-danny-amendola-such-a-good-football-player

When it mattered most, New England knew who to turn to.

With Rob Gronkowski injured and their season on the brink, the Patriots put Sunday's AFC title game in the hands of Danny Amendola -- and he delivered in full.

The smallish wideout did it all, hauling in seven catches for 84 yards and the game's final two touchdowns to wipe away Jacksonville's lead in a 24-20 win for the Patriots.

Along the way, Amendola became just the second player since 1970 to record a reception, a pass completion, a rush attempt and a punt return in a playoff game. It's a feat that didn't go unnoticed by coach Bill Belichick.

"Danny's such a good football player," Belichick said, per ESPN. "When you look up 'good football player' in the dictionary, his picture is right there beside it."

Sunday's heroics came against a stout Jaguars defense staring down a Patriots attack missing Gronkowski and star wideout Julien Edelman. Tom Brady, meanwhile, played through the game with a nasty row of stitches on his throwing hand.

None of it seemed to matter, with Amendola putting on a show during a dominant fourth quarter for the Patriots. His first touchdown, a 9-yard dart from Brady, served as a turning-point score that cut Jacksonville's lead to 20-17 with just under nine minutes to play.

Amendola's second touchdown -- a 4-yard, toe-tapping thing of beauty in the back of the end zone -- secured the game for New England, now venturing on to an unbelievable eighth Super Bowl appearance under Belichick and Brady.

With 18 catches over two playoff games, he deserves a better nickname than "Danny Playoff Amendola," a clunky moniker crafted by Gronkowski. The Patriots arguably wouldn't have beaten the Falcons in the Super Bowl without Amendola's heroics -- or taken care of business on Sunday.

Quite a resume for an ever-reliable player the Patriots have asked to take a pay cut three years running.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Upgrade....different than actual replacing...
Very young team...so was Jacksonville....I guess they needed the week off because of youth.

We beat Jax, which you keep forgetting. Rams go from 4-12 and you give them shyte about not winning a playoff game after more than a decade of suck...ok.

nighttrain

Legend

images

images

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ck-danny-amendola-such-a-good-football-player

With Rob Gronkowski injured and their season on the brink, the Patriots put Sunday's AFC title game in the hands of Danny Amendola -- and he delivered in full.

The smallish wideout did it all, hauling in seven catches for 84 yards and the game's final two touchdowns to wipe away Jacksonville's lead in a 24-20 win for the Patriots.

Along the way, Amendola became just the second player since 1970 to record a reception, a pass completion, a rush attempt and a punt return in a playoff game. It's a feat that didn't go unnoticed by coach Bill Belichick.

"Danny's such a good football player," Belichick said, per ESPN. "When you look up 'good football player' in the dictionary, his picture is right there beside it."

Sunday's heroics came against a stout Jaguars defense staring down a Patriots attack missing Gronkowski and star wideout Julien Edelman. Tom Brady, meanwhile, played through the game with a nasty row of stitches on his throwing hand.

None of it seemed to matter, with Amendola putting on a show during a dominant fourth quarter for the Patriots. His first touchdown, a 9-yard dart from Brady, served as a turning-point score that cut Jacksonville's lead to 20-17 with just under nine minutes to play.

Amendola's second touchdown -- a 4-yard, toe-tapping thing of beauty in the back of the end zone -- secured the game for New England, now venturing on to an unbelievable eighth Super Bowl appearance under Belichick and Brady.

With 18 catches over two playoff games, he deserves a better nickname than "Danny Playoff Amendola," a clunky moniker crafted by Gronkowski. The Patriots arguably wouldn't have beaten the Falcons in the Super Bowl without Amendola's heroics -- or taken care of business on Sunday.

Quite a resume for an ever-reliable player the Patriots have asked to take a pay cut three years running.
I like it, you comparing our very young QB to the GOAT, very cool
traih

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What has consistently beaten Tom Brady in the past is pressure, hits, and sacks. You gotta get to him. The Jags didn't do that nearly well enough to upset them in their house. Tom's losses to the Broncos the other year, and to the Giants, all had that in common.

On the other side of the ball, the way the Jags' offense has been rolling, it was a masterful job by Belichick to turn the tides and tighten up that defense enough to allow Tom to be a hero. Just a week ago vs the Steelers every time they got something good done the Jags rolled down the field and scored again.

The Super Bowl is going to be interesting. For the Eagles they have a defense playing so well that they might be able to hit and hurry Brady enough to limit him. Question for me is whether the Eagles can run the ball behind that great OL of theirs. If they do, we might have a good game on our hands.
Eagles lose if the patriots are allowed to hold like they did against the league's best sacking defence last week. No penaltiez my ass.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eagles lose if the patriots are allowed to hold like they did against the league's best sacking defence last week. No penaltiez my ass.

The Pats offense might have their hands full even with some holds. Eagles are playing lights out on defense man. If they play like they have in their two games thus far in the playoffs, they are capable of beating New England or barring that dumbing this thing down to where it's a low-brow slugfest where anyone can win.

I do think the Eagles' defense will dumb down the Pats' offense. So the game will be won/lost in how well the Eagles play offensively. Their OL and run game has been good all along, and will factor in huge in terms of supporting Foles. IMO Nick isn't going to play like he did vs an injured Minnesota defense, but if they put him in third and manageable all day they're in this game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TIL Danny Aereola was the Pats #1, not Cooks or Gronk.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rams go from 4-12 and you give them shyte about not winning a playoff game after more than a decade of suck...ok.
Obviously we weren't really a 4-12 type team...hell, two of our QB's played in the 2018 NFC championship game. We had talent....we should have won a home playoff game. Probably should have won two games.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

images

images

So... are you telling me that Amendola is NE's #1 WR?

What about Gronkowski?

I mean, if it's TDs, Gronk (8) has more than Amendola (2)... what about Cooks (7)... or even Hogan (5). Maybe it's Cook... he's a great deep threat and acts as a decoy a lot. Maybe he's it? Is Cook their #1 WR?

Is it about yards? Is it about receptions? Is it about how pretty the catches are? Is it about being a decoy? Is it about never giving up on routes (I'm sure Amendola doesn't... but guess who does)?

C'mon, @LACHAMP46, you're not helping me here... posting one article about one great game by Amendola. I'm looking for a definition of "#1 WR".

If you're gonna tell me "you know one when you see one", then this whole thing is like eating air.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he did make some really spectacular catches, + 8 TDs nothing to sneeze at
train
No, it definitely isn't..

But does that make him the Rams "#1 WR"?

Without some parameters to put around this term - "#1 WR", how do we know who is the real "#1 WR"?

Everyone uses this term like they are sure they know what it is... all I know is.. without Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp's contributions, the Rams aren't nearly as successful as they were this year.

I would say that the Rams don't have a "#1 WR"... they have a cadre of receivers, who all contribute in their own way and the overall result is success!

bluecoconuts

Legend
You say tomatoes....I say to-MA-toes....
450+ yards to 300+ yards...average yards a play does matter...not in this instance...
300 yards of offense is a poor performance.

You can bed five 2's all you want, it's not as impressive as my single 10. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watkins has earned it....Woods is borrowing it....
#1 wr help win games...get in the endzone....not just stat stuff during a meaningless point of the game. Watkins is the better football player with better athletic attributes....That's just how the game is....you can have the smart, slow, non athletic types as your faves counselor...you won't be getting into the endzone much vs. faster defenses.

Julio Jones had 4 TDs in 18 games this year. I guess he's not a #1 WR.

Yea, I'll take the "non-athletic" types who are great football players. I'll take the Antonio Browns, DeAndre Hopkinses, Keenan Allens, Larry Fitzgeralds, Jerry Rices, and Isaac Bruces of the world. You can take the other guys.

Woods stat-stuff'd during a meaningless point in the game? Woods had 5 catches for 80 yards in the FIRST HALF. Make an effort to know the facts before you throw shit against the wall.
50777fa7-f8a9-443a-a2fe-f1e9cc65962b_text_hi.gif

Blake almost won his first 3 games...he did win his first 2. You still think age has something to do with performance at this level, ehh? Mark Sanchez....Mark Sanchez could play a lil....

Cool. You take Bortles and Sanchez. I'll take Goff and Peyton Manning. We'll see whose team does better.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So... are you telling me that Amendola is NE's #1 WR?

What about Gronkowski?
For this season....due to injuries...esp. Edleman's....Danny A is their #1...wr....Gronk in their #1 target....but again, due to injuries....Danny A's their guy...not Cook....accessory piece.
Without some parameters to put around this term - "#1 WR", how do we know who is the real "#1 WR"?
ypc is a close one...but always look targets...then TD's....if a guy is getting targets and NOT getting TD's...he shouldn't be your #1.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ypc is a close one...but always look targets...then TD's....if a guy is getting targets and NOT getting TD's...he shouldn't be your #1.
For this season....due to injuries...esp. Edleman's....Danny A is their #1...wr....Gronk in their #1 target....but again, due to injuries....Danny A's their guy...not Cook....accessory piece.
Not making sense to me... targets, eh? Cooks is not the #1 but Amendola is?
Cooks targets for 2017: 114 (6 per game)
Amendola: 86 (4.5 per game)
What about Gronk? He's the #1 target?
Gronk was targeted 105 (5.5) times... check out Cooks above.

Now what?

Listen, you're making this stuff up on the fly... I get it... you have to.. why? Because NO ONE has ever defined what the hell a "#1 WR" is. When they do? All this nonsensical debating about who is, and who isn't, a "#1 WR" will go away.

Until then? It's all made up.

Just FYI for the Rams (targets):
#1 - Kupp: 94 (4.9)
#2 - Woods: 85 (4.5)
#3 - Watkins: 70 (3.7)

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets/wr.php

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmmmm

3 of those guys have won playoff games...one hasn't.....

guess who?

Cool. You take Mark Sanchez. I take Goff. Enjoy your losing season. That's the cost of making bad decisions based on flawed logic.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Julio Jones had 4 TDs in 18 games this year. I guess he's not a #1 WR.
We've seen Julio be the primary target on many Ryan drives....We've seen him go to him in the clutch...In fact, he took over many playoff games last year. I think Steve Sark held the offense back by not targeting Julio more....Funny, in our playoff game...he seemed to get many targets and attempts much like 2016....
Yea, I'll take the "non-athletic" types who are great football players. I'll take the Antonio Browns, DeAndre Hopkinses, Keenan Allens, Larry Fitzgeralds, Jerry Rices, and Isaac Bruces of the world. You can take the other guys.
Larry Fitz is a "athletic" type...He may have slowed down due to age, but is still a physical specimen.
I consider Ike Bruce, Antonio Brown....and Jerry Rice....athletes too...not amazingly fast, but agile and quick.
Don't know Hopkins speed....but he has the gift of marvelous hands....truly a special talent.

Keenan Allen...never liked his game....proved me wrong that he isn't a "bust"....but in big games, he is easily removed....I wonder why??? But he can play.

Sorry....Woods and Kupp....and any other receiver on the Rams aren't like any of those 6 players...not even Keenan Allen....Kupp could be like Allen....Woods is Woods...good wr....nothing great....a #2 by definition.
Woods stat-stuff'd during a meaningless point in the game? Woods had 5 catches for 80 yards in the FIRST HALF. Make an effort to know the facts before you throw crap against the wall.
Woods had his first pass after 19 mins of actual game time...on this drive he caught a 19 yard pass then later a 15 yarder....this drive stalled and we punted....on the first scoring drive.....Woods caught one pass for 2 yards....the big play was Gurley run...34 yards and the penalty that was tacked on....on our next scoring drive....Woods caught another 2 yard pass...this drive ended in a FG. That's two scoring drives....that's 2 of his 5 first half catches and 4 of his yardage total....his other first half plays were basically meaningless....not all his fault....he can't work without targets....again...who were we targeting? Not our #1 or believed number 1.....He would catch 4 more passes and we would score an additional 3 points....I say his receptions, by and large...had no impact on the game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801060ram.htm

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cool. You take Mark Sanchez. I take Goff. Enjoy your losing season. That's the cost of making bad decisions based on flawed logic.
he went to two AFC Championship games....how is he such a big loser?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Champ, I don't have the time I used to have to go in circles with you. You were wrong about Woods, but you'll try to rationalize it rather than admit it. You will do mental gymnastics to include elite players as "athletic types" while giving us no real concrete definition. You do this because a concrete definition would prevent you from being able to pick and choose what players fit in and what players do not. It's a huge waste of time to try to have a discussion when the goal-posts are always moving.

A 5'10" 186 pound WR with thoroughly underwhelming numbers at the NFL Combine is an "athletic type" because he's amazing at football. Therein lies the problem. I prefer great football players. You prefer "athletic types." But you also include great football players who aren't special athletes as "athletic types" when it suits you. Champ, you seem like a good guy, but you're too blinded by your biases.

he went to two AFC Championship games....how is he such a big loser?

If you don't know the answer to this question, we have a big problem. You might need to see an eye doctor. :eek: