Goff Final PFF Grade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are you suggesting it all lies with Goff?

C'mon now...

Play calling was big... just never got into a rhythm... regardless, even the best QBs have "off days". Brady on 12/11/17... rating of 59.5... look it up.
QB driven league....tomorrow...the best QB's...no matter what the effin game plan is...the ones that execute the best....make chicken soup outta chicken shit...will win...that's usually how the playoffs go....UNLESS you have a dominant defense....we don't have one of those...and didn't play against one either.

Oh yeah...audible....is your/his....friend

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB driven league....tomorrow...the best QB's...no matter what the effin game plan is...the ones that execute the best....make chicken soup outta chicken crap...will win...that's usually how the playoffs go....UNLESS you have a dominant defense....we don't have one of those...and didn't play against one either.

Oh yeah...audible....is your/his....friend
I am pretty sure I should be offended by this post somehow...Could have sworn we played against 3 of the 4 teams remaining in the playoffs this year, beating one of them.... CHAMP, you dirty, rotten SONOFA...

I love three's
8UuPQ7E.png

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
His point is you continue to compare our young 23 year old QB who's only started 22 games and 1 playoff game to guys like Brees, Brady, Ryan, Ben (AKA the best veterans in the league).
Naw....play like Blake Bortles....Play like Case.....Don't...do not....play like Nick Foles.....LOLOL

I didn't compare him to anyone...I just looked at his game....games against good teams...over his college and pro careers....he's a choker....small game....trailer....and every time I point this fact out...I get heat...like every single one of you guys that watch football, see the same damn thing but act like I'm playing around...saying shit to get a rise..

I'm not.....

He wins...I give him love....he wins and looks like....Case Keenum, I'd say so....he wins and looks like Nick Foles...I say that too....

I've never compared him to Brees...Brady...or Ben....they throw into tight windows...in heated moments...big game players all throughout their careers...college and pros....he does remind me of Ryan....a lesser Ryan...I can see the comparison....Ryan is Ice melt to me. But he has some skill.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
.Could have sworn we played against 3 of the 4 teams remaining in the playoffs this year, beating one of them
We did.....in all three games the offense looked...like garbage....in the one we won, Pharoh returned a punt or KO....and we had a punt block....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We did.....in all three games the offense looked...like garbage....in the one we won, Pharoh returned a punt or KO....and we had a punt block....
So you indict us for being a complete team? AND we beat them on the road...

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How good did GSOT look against the 1999 Buccaneers in the Nfc Champ game? We scored like 9 points in that one....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure why we all have to argue about our young QB. I can only assume that we ALL see the good AND bad from his game thus far. For those worried that he is a trailer, or that he is no good in big games, I guess you will have to be patient and hope he matures and settles into that ice cold killer role. I see some of it in him already. I expect that the longer he is in this system, the more ruthless he will be...because he will know that scheme cold an be able to audible from what he see's at the line. He is 23 and already a rising star in this league. I am fine with that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure why we all have to argue about our young QB. I can only assume that we ALL see the good AND bad from his game thus far. For those worried that he is a trailer, or that he is no good in big games, I guess you will have to be patient and hope he matures and settles into that ice cold killer role. I see some of it in him already. I expect that the longer he is in this system, the more ruthless he will be...because he will know that scheme cold an be able to audible from what he see's at the line. He is 23 and already a rising star in this league. I am fine with that.

He's gonna get better. Problem, though, is that the Rams do need to upgrade the TE position that is so centric to what McVay wants to do. Get the kid a couple targets rolling in 12 personnel that he can rely on, and with that personnel grouping also threaten to run the ball with TG, and those tougher defenses will be easier to crack.

Also, and just IMO, get him a great defense too. A unit that ensures the game is under control and won't lead him to press. The way he plays is good, with the low risk approach you can go really far. And as he gets better with experience he's gonna be nasty. They just need to ensure he's got the stuff he needs around him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
QB driven league....tomorrow...the best QB's...no matter what the effin game plan is...the ones that execute the best....make chicken soup outta chicken crap...will win...that's usually how the playoffs go....UNLESS you have a dominant defense....we don't have one of those...and didn't play against one either.

You know what's funny Champ? That IF the TE doesn't get that crack down block on AD when the Falcons were backed up on their goal line it probably would have been a different game. Just that one play. Thereafter the Falcons would have free kicked it to our offense at midfield and we'd probably go on to tack another 7 on top of the 2.

Football's a crazy game. There were a bunch of plays like that for us in that game. And the old saying about QB driven league is horse $#!T IMO. It's a QB driven league in the regular season. And defense/running game driven in the playoffs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He's gonna get better. Problem, though, is that the Rams do need to upgrade the TE position that is so centric to what McVay wants to do. Get the kid a couple targets rolling in 12 personnel that he can rely on, and with that personnel grouping also threaten to run the ball with TG, and those tougher defenses will be easier to crack.

Also, and just IMO, get him a great defense too. A unit that ensures the game is under control and won't lead him to press. The way he plays is good, with the low risk approach you can go really far. And as he gets better with experience he's gonna be nasty. They just need to ensure he's got the stuff he needs around him.
You mean...his "tractor"? :burp:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All targeted their primary playmaker......#1 threat....the guy I'd like to say scores the most TD's...the most.

Most of these QB's...rather...all of them....made their coordinators....IMO...of course....and this has been proven...the players MADE the offense...not the other way around.

Good points....though...

Goff did target his #1 guy, Robert Woods, and Woods produced for us. Watkins might grow to be our #1 WR if we keep him, but Woods was the clear #1 WR this year.

I disagree that those guys made their coaches and made their offenses. Belichick has had multiple QBs step up while Brady was out. Marty S. won everywhere he coached, even Cleveland. Bruce Arians is Bruce Arians. Whisenhunt has done well as an offensive coordinator outside of Pittsburgh.

It's pretty silly claiming that Goff should be credited with making the offense at this point in his career. Nobody would credit Tom Brady with making the New England offense in his second year in the NFL. Give Goff a decade, and we'll see what people say about him.

Regardless, the point is that the first playoff start is always difficult for a young QB.

I still say, McVay put the game in our QB's hands.....near perfect conditions....started slowly...and wasn't quite on his game....some passes missed.....or were a lil off target...not allowing receivers to gain yards after the catch....and my #1 peeve...complaint...crap that's still got me ticked (besides helping me throw away my top ROD $$$$ winner)....was the lack of targets to Watkins...over say, Higbee (I could add his bestie, Kupp here as well, Woods too)....and lack of touches to Gurley...inaccurate passes downfield....inaccurate passes on the move...in near perfect conditions (only complaints is/were the field, but many would say, wrs have the advantage in this scenario...I'd agree)....45 passes...and all those garbage time stats in the 4th quarter....the things PFF & QBR rate poorly on....yet 13 points...vs the Falcons...I guess their defense is good/fast...whatever....they aint getting any worse that's for sure...that team is put together...they looked faster.

McVay shouldn't have put the game in our QB's hands when the other team was defending the pass well but not the run. Further, Watkins didn't earn more targets. He could have caught a TD on 4th down, but he didn't come up with a well-thrown ball. He could have caught another TD when we got the ball back, but he let a bomb go right through his hands.

Contrast that with Robert Woods who made a number of key catches, including the diving catch on the ball up the seam. Woods earned targets. He played like a #1. Watkins did not. As for Gurley, he was great in the running game but had the worst day I've seen him have in the passing game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't that the point? He's not that tier of QB that if we fall behind he'd be able to come back and win. A lot of his best plays this year were shorter passes where the receiver/Gurley made it into something. Yes he's connected a couple deep balls, which is great. But when the game is on the line, I just don't think he's there yet. I honestly fear that if he (we) didn't have Gurley as such a monster this year, he'd be even lower on this list. I mean, he had a pretty remarkable list of offensive weapons and great O-Line to work with. Do we honestly think he would be able to succeed with out. Would he elevate the play of average at best players around him like the upper-tier QBs. Not yet...IMHO.

I know a lot of people want to think he's the next Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc., but he's no where near those names at the moment. Hopefully one day he can be respected like that. But until then, I think he's appropriately ranked. It's not an insult. I like how far he's come. I hope he continues to grow

i'm not sure if you watched the playoff game but goff was making throws in the 4th to win the game. however higbee and watkins were having none of it. he can only deliver the ball to a catchable spot. the receivers have to be able to catch it. usually in these 4th qtr comebacks the receivers catch the ball thrown to them. if they don't catch them there can be no comeback.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The offense looked like garbage against the Eagles? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Champ, you've gotta accept that you can give Goff credit without undermining your argument. Refusing to give him credit undermines your argument more.

Tano

Legend
The offense looked like garbage against the Eagles? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Champ, you've gotta accept that you can give Goff credit without undermining your argument. Refusing to give him credit undermines your argument more.
We had the game won against the Eagles. That sack by Long after Hav went out was just a bad play call by McVay.

Our offense was killing it up to that point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We really just need to come to the realization that Goff could go 30-30 for 500 yards and 10 TD's without taking a sack or getting hit. After the game go home and bang the entire roster of 2017 playmates and have his home chef Gordon Ramsey prepare him dinner. And Champ would still find a way to piss and moan about Jared.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The offense looked like garbage against the Eagles?
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201712100ram.htm
307 yards total offense....garbage in my opinion. Compared to the league leading juggernaut we'd come to expect.
We really just need to come to the realization that Goff could go 30-30 for 500 yards and 10 TD's without taking a sack or getting hit. After the game go home and bang the entire roster of 2017 playmates and have his home chef Gordon Ramsey prepare him dinner. And Champ would still find a way to tick and moan about Jared.
I'd sure like to see it....30 for 30.... in a big game...against a good team....on the road...hell, he could bang the makeup girl at Fox....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@MrRiceGuyRJ
Well said

Goff did target his #1 guy, Robert Woods, and Woods produced for us. Watkins might grow to be our #1 WR if we keep him, but Woods was the clear #1 WR this year.
This was/is a mistake....in the respect that Watkins should be the #1....and if he's (Woods) the number 1....gotta get in the endzone with all those targets.....and Watkins should be the 1a or 2....with the 2nd most targets....
I disagree that those guys made their coaches and made their offenses. Belichick has had multiple QBs step up while Brady was out. Marty S. won everywhere he coached, even Cleveland. Bruce Arians is Bruce Arians. Whisenhunt has done well as an offensive coordinator outside of Pittsburgh.
him.....made other QB's....others step up?? I leave that alone....don't agree. Marty did win....a little...never the BIG one.....Bruce is Bruce....great with Great QB's....Good with Good ones....garbage with garbage. Whisenhunt's done well??? Where?
It's pretty silly claiming that Goff should be credited with making the offense at this point in his career. Nobody would credit Tom Brady with making the New England offense in his second year in the NFL. Give Goff a decade, and we'll see what people say about him.
I still remember a young Tom...vs a good Rams defense...hell, almost great....going down for the game winning fg....painful at the time....4th quarter heroics....he had IT then...pinpoint passes...downfield throws...in the clutch...tom had IT.
Regardless, the point is that the first playoff start is always difficult for a young QB.
Marriota....and...wait for it...won there FIRST ever playoff game....hell, Blake almost won his first 3.....

Wait until Deshaun Watson plays in his first....

oh yeah, Dan Marino won his first playoff game too....so did....wait for it...

Pat Haden....LOLOLOL
As for Gurley, he was great in the running game but had the worst day I've seen him have in the passing game.
I thought the plays...passing plays....were scouted out...and well defensed....it was stupid to run a screen in the first drive....almost got Gurley blown up......he was dropping passes....but his head was always looking up...like he was expecting to get hit....silly play calls....every single screen...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And the old saying about QB driven league is horse $#!T IMO. It's a QB driven league in the regular season. And defense/running game driven in the playoffs.
Did you see those QB's drive their teams to victories yesterday Merl?

QB's won those games....defenses played a part...but new rules negate great defenses now....time to adjust.
You mean...his "tractor"?
3 trailers, 1 tractor yesterday...

Guess who's favored to win in 2 weeks?

And Nick played like a tractor....for a lil bit....

But some play like that almost every week....wanna guess who???