Fisher announces Austin Davis is QB going forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm not going to be able to watch Austin tear it up on Sunday as I'm off to watch my nephews play rugby.
Y'all keep me updated though with your running commentary :)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm not going to be able to watch Austin tear it up on Sunday as I'm off to watch my nephews play rugby.
Y'all keep me updated though with your running commentary :)

Just FYI, there's always ESPN Gamecast. It's the next best thing to a radio.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Getting more on board with this, remember Faulk saying how much he liked the kid during preseason ,also having heard positives from some players and Hill being a team player over it,gotta wonder what his wife said to him though, they can get pretty defensive,seriously doubt he's back next year,I hope we don't see Keenum at all ,I hope AD sets the league on it's ear and we shock the world.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
nixweiss.gif
I was positive too...i don't get a quote? :(
I know, right?! Where's the love for us @Mojo Ram ? ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Bruh, I don't know if you realize but Davis has THE HIGHEST COMPLETION % in the NFL right now over those three games. One could make a case he is the most accurate QB in the NFL, that's not what I'm saying but when you can have our offense playing high against the Cowboys defense, better than Drew Brees. I really thought the Cowboys had a terrible defense but the way I saw them completely own NO gave me A LOT of confidence in what Davis was able to do. You gotta start em, ALL DAY AD09! :D

Yeah, I'm not really bothered by the decision, I'm an AD fan too, I'm just not sure how they can anoint him after it's been bench, bench, fired, Bradford hurt, rehired, bench. bench, bench, Bradford hurt, bench, 2 1/2 games with 1 win, starter. If I'm Fisher, I at least wait a game or two more before naming anyone the starter and, given the chance, see what Hill has.

If AD pulls a Cousins, what? Now you short hook the guy you said you wouldn't and ask the guy you swore had the job to mop up after you fired him without reason?

The decision has knee jerk written all over it to me. There isn't enough of a sample size to be meaningful.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah, I'm not really bothered by the decision, I'm an AD fan too, I'm just not sure how they can anoint him after it's been bench, bench, fired, Bradford hurt, rehired, bench. bench, bench, Bradford hurt, bench, 2 1/2 games with 1 win, starter. If I'm Fisher, I at least wait a game or two more before naming anyone the starter and, given the chance, see what Hill has.

If AD pulls a Cousins, what? Now you short hook the guy you said you wouldn't and ask the guy you swore had the job to mop up after you fired him without reason?

The decision has knee jerk written all over it to me. There isn't enough of a sample size to be meaningful.

No way, man. Just commit to the guy who dominated the Cowboys, for the most part. We need stability. Davis has brought that.

RamzFanz

Damnit
No way, man. Just commit to the guy who dominated the Cowboys, for the most part. We need stability. Davis has brought that.

Top five reasons Fish shouldn't have named AD the season long starter:

1) You said Hill would be the starter when healthy many times. Now your players have no reason to believe anything you say.

2) If AD pulls a Cousins, you will have to short hook him and lose even more credibility.

3) If you do short hook AD, bring in Hill, and he is awesome, you will look like and idiot AND a liar.

4) There was no reason to name a season long starter. It just paints you into a corner.

5) SH still has many years in him. He COULD have been the team QB for several winning seasons while you groom a replacement. Now, why stay?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Atta boy Jeff!
See...now if Austin struggles you can just go back to your original #2 QB and no one will blink an eye. Trying to play the old school, loyalty card over backup's is a silly proposition.

Great move!
tumblr_myu15yphg51s67vyfo5_r1_250.gif
LOL, I love original Star Trek episodes, her arms are all over the place Bruce Lee style when she executes her snap kick, but of course unlike Bruce Lee, she takes what looks like two seconds just to bring the knee up :)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I think it adds stability to the team. A team doesn't have an identity with a QB controversy.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep, he said it on his first press conference back. Hints why he told Davis not to look over his shoulder. He's our guy.
Yep. Saw it in the transcripts. Now Davis needs to take that and run with it... or pass with it... or hand off with it....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here. I fixed it for you. :D
Top five reasons this layman doesn't think Fish should have named AD the season long starter:

1) You said Hill would be the starter when healthy many times. Now your players have no reason to believe anything you say.

2) If AD pulls a Cousins, you will have to short hook him and lose even more credibility.

3) If you do short hook AD, bring in Hill, and he is awesome, you will look like and idiot AND a liar.

4) There was no reason to name a season long starter. It just paints you into a corner.

5) SH still has many years in him. He COULD have been the team QB for several winning seasons while you groom a replacement. Now, why stay?

Athos

Legend
Top five reasons Fish shouldn't have named AD the season long starter:

Oh where to go with this overreaction. I suppose I'll go down the list.

#1. You have what Fisher has said to the MEDIA, not what he's said internally, especially to Hill himself. Of that we don't know. And this is a bit overboard anyway. He's a backup QB. Has been his entire career.

#2. Well, what if Hill pulls a McGown and sucks wind out of the sails? What exactly is Fisher's loyalty to a guy brought in on a one year deal anyway?

#3. Or you just look like a micromanager with his panties in a twist who was unwilling to let the QB battle his way out of his mistakes.

#4. Actually, there is. Stability in the offense. Working chemistry. Knowing which QB style to play to.

#5. You aren't serious as you mate? This quad injury or w/e it was, would go against your theory. He looks a bit out of shape. He's never handled full duties in the NFL and he's now what, 34 years old. You have no idea if Hill still has many years in him. Sure he has no mileage on his arm, but that could actually be a negative.

#6. The what-if game is a hopeless endeavor of futility. Not sure why your passions are so strongly in favor of Hill who's been a Ram for like a nano-second. There's no proof Hill could look any better, or worse. But playing a QB carousel is a stupid, stupid idea. I hate jerking QBs around. What are we supposed to do? Give each an equal amount of time to prove themselves? How many games does Hill get? What does he have to do to prove he gets the starting job over Davis? Simple lack of turning the ball over? Making a specific throw? Moving the ball better than Davis? I got news, if he moves the ball better than Davis has, he'd have to be completing 80% of his passes, a 9 YPA, and 8 TDs to 0 INTs. Don't see that outta Hill.

Hill isn't the future here. If he is, the Rams are in big trouble. Hence was Davis gets the nod. You have data on Hill. You don't yet fully know what Davis can do.

And quite frankly, Davis having 3 years in the system means Shotty can do more with Davis, imo, than Hill.