Fisher announces Austin Davis is QB going forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few points:

1] Fisher really didn't have a choice in making the change. Davis forced his hand and the risk of putting Hill in as starter and Hill struggling would have put Fisher on thin ice with fans. So, he really had no choice.
Didn't understand the delay in doing it and his insistence on saying Hill would start when healthy. In the end, that didn't fool anyone.
2] Davis will either continue his solid play or he won't.
3] I'm pretty sure that if is plays badly for some period of time (as determined by Fisher), he'll be replaced by Hill

All we can do is watch Sunday and hope Davis continues his good play.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
as disappointing as it is to say, outplayed Bradford.

Let me start by saying I am a BIG A. Davis supporter and I hope he leads this team to a SB victory this year. But let's not confuse the circumstances under which his first two games as a starter have been played with the circumstances under which Bradford began his career. Who knows how well Sam would have played with this set of teammates?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Let me start by saying I am a BIG A. Davis supporter and I hope he leads this team to a SB victory this year. But let's not confuse the circumstances under which his first two games as a starter have been played with the circumstances under which Bradford began his career. Who knows how well Sam would have played with this set of teammates?
Don't get me wrong, I hope Sam comes back and can find a way to stay healthy and I'm firmly in his corner. I don't discount the circumstances that have limited his ability to lead this team to points but I also can't ignore the bottom line and this offense has actually functioned and produced with Davis at the helm.

Davis has completed a MUCH higher percentage of his passes and for more yards per attempt. Maybe that all levels out over time but after two starts, he's a lot farther ahead of where Bradford was. I think Bradford was ready to have a really breakout year but I don't know how he could have been doing much better than completing 72% of his passes.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's all a crop shoot. Bradford wouldn't of had as high completion percentage but similar stats or better. Bradford has the better arm, Davis has more mobility and takes more risks. Davis us still an unknown since we have seen so little. We have watched Bradford for 4 years(besides time missed due to injuries). Bradford was also dealt a complete shit hand. Davis gets to work with a better offense with an under performing defense.

Everyone here hopes for the best for Branford, but a lot(including me) feel that you can't put all your eggs in Bradfords basket anymore. To much of a risk.

I am goin to ride the Davis train. He has played some good football and given life to our offense. Will hope for the best but not going to let myself think he is the next Warner or anything close. He is a young 3rd stringer who played a few good games and I hope he does great, as we all do. That is as far as I am allowing myself to get. There is 13 more games to be played and a lot can happen.

So basically, GO RAMS!!!