Eagles at Rams/Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Whoa whoa calm down there. I think most of us been here thru the tony banks and fisher days.No one is throwing in any towel but most of us are at least admitting theres a problem not it’s just a funk.

Look, I dont know who you or half of the other people posting in the GDT are. I assume all of you have been legit fans for years - but I dont know.

Yes, of course it more than a funk - we miss Kupp and Brown and our secondary has struggled especially Joyner. I said all offseason that the age of the line concerned me.

Yeah, we are good team, a 13-3 team dealing with some adversity. We are obviously not as bad as we have played as of late.
Sorry, I am not going to say the same "woe is me, my team sucks" horsecrap as everyone else. Again, plenty of you are holding down that position.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Showed some pride by putting together a really good 4th quarter .

Does anyone else missing watching the rams when we were not supposed to win every game ?

I really hope they can fix these issues , team will look alot different next year

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Goff before the bye:
E0DF8B5C-5338-4FEA-9E55-A99A35E37731.jpeg

Goff after the bye:
61F16C54-0221-4582-9AA1-2FAC360F86D2.jpeg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I posted this in another thread but it fits here also (I haven’t read the whole thread ) but

Todd hasn’t been right since the lions game is it really that surprising that our offense has struggled without the threat of the run game our deep passing game is predicated off play action Todd is hurting hence less use and effectiveness

It doesn’t take a genius to notice it hence the bears and the eagles playing two deep safeties and stifling the pass game

All those questioning McVay need to take a deep breath and take a step back and look at whole picture of we get stomped by the cards and the niners then I’ll start worrying

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Does anyone else missing watching the rams when we were not supposed to win every game ?
Yeah. Exceeding expectations is infinitely more fun than not living up to them. You know what's also not fun anymore? These garbage GDT threads. Some of you guys need to up your dose of Midol before watching a game and posting on this illustrious board. You make me remember why I left the PD board and started this one.

And that's a real fuckin' shame.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
John Sullivan has been abused the last few weeks by Harrison, Hicks, and now Cox. He cant handle these big dominant DTs. They had Cox lined up on his nose last night and he was just getting thrown back into Goff. Likely had him cheat with his footwork on the play he stepped on Goff.

Teams only rushing 4 and getting pressure right up the gut is killing the deep passing game and forcing underneath throws.

Also Goff looks like he has a dead arm right now.... missing zip

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Showed some pride by putting together a really good 4th quarter .

I really hope they can fix these issues , team will look alot different next year

This sums it up in a nutshell, thanks as I don't have to elaborate.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
In the NFL, its not how you start, its how you finish and how you deal with loss. I knew from the start of TC the Rams had issues. LB (OBO and Barron out), no depth at DB. OL (age at LT and C). I'm surprised the Rams have won as many games as they have, but I still believe they can get their shyt together and win a playoff game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm disappointed Goff went to Reynolds at the death. He should have been the last person he looked at. If the last two games have shown us anything it's that he is not a reliable target. He doesn't have that killer instinct you want in a wr. Easily man handled, sloppy in his technique and shows no urgency to go and get the ball. He has no fight in him.

Also can anyone explain how two wrs can get behind the secondary on a play? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Just a disappointing display all round by the whole team.

Limey

Rookie
Would have loved to be 14-0 rather than 11-3, but would have bitten your hand off for 11-3 at the start of the season, and am still hopeful that the coach and players that already got us 11 wins this season can get us 5 more. If not, I have enough faith in them that they will learn from it and do better next year, just as they already learned from last year. I do hope we can acquire a monster, space-eating, run-stuffing DT and an MLB that can take down anything that gets past the DT, though.

TexasRam

Legend
I thought that was a gritty comeback and i saw the same dominant Rams offense for stretches in this game. The Blitz that Kelly missed on third down and the Goff slip then trying to recover was the biggest turning points that killed us. Otherwise the offense was rolling with the exception of Sullivan.

We need Blythe at center and Noteboom at guard.

We also need more Blitzing up the middle to free up Donald.

Make those two changes and you win the Super bowl.

End rant.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im a rams fan. This game was close. Yeah, I am going to be a fan and support them. They have had a great season then hit a slump.

Those of you who are throwing in the towel act like you are new to how sports can be.

I know it wasnt good tonight.
The eagles have a great D line and our O line is playing bad. I never thought this would be easy. The spread was stupid.
The Eagles are much better than they have played.
We have seemed exhausted and out of rhythm since our bye. Its a funk, I think the fires and moving and tough stretch of games left them drained.
Its not that surprising really, but the fall off has been dissapointing and very concerning. On that I agree. But if you think I should act like some fair weather fan and rip this teams heart or its players, sorry. Plenty of you hold that down.
Thank you
Great perspective
I refrained from posting last night.

…..

Legend
I’m not much impressed with the final 9 minutes.

Yeah we showed some execution finally, but the Eagles went soft zone and eventually 3-4 deep coverage and we hit them with underneath. So that was given too us and even then Goff showed accuracy issues.

Targeting underneath stuff, That’s something we should have done, but didn’t, the entire last two games.

I will say for some reason the blocking on the final two drives seemed to improve. Not sure if that was due to us or them . And obviously, a Different ending was immenint if Natson doesn’t fumble that punt. This whole thread is different if we fair catch that punt. The previous punt, he wasn’t happy to have to fair catch it, so his mind was made up that he was gonna make something happen. Well, he did just that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We need Blythe at center and Noteboom at guard.

We also need more Blitzing up the middle to free up Donald.

Make those two changes and you win the Super bowl.

End rant.

I approve this message, Noteboom to RG and Blythe to center might make them more physical, regardless, I would give strong consideration next season either parting ways with Wade or bringing in someone like a Vance Joseph or Todd Bowles as a Senior Defensive Assistant with the caveat that they will take over as DC when Wade retires when is contract is up after 2019.

Also say goodbye to Suh and Brockers and actually bring in some youth that will fight to free Aaron Donald and get a linebacker that can actually make an impact in games.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff tossing that ball blindly from his knees to the defender was straight out of the Jamis Winston playbook.

On defense we need to change things up and blitz sometimes.

On offense I just can't believe how much we are struggling the last few. But that's how it goes and why I always try to remain objective and not try to toss out superlatives before some real accomplishments have been made (playoff winds, championships).

That being said we just need to win these last two games and make sure we have the #2 seed. Not because we need that whatever you want to call home field - but because we really don't want to play at Chicago.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol I guess Reynolds is the new whipping boy.
See that’s the thing as a fan I like to see consistency from players
Kupp gives us consistency as does woods cooks Gurley
Reynolds (and Everett and ebukam ) not so much

A great game here or there isn’t going to cut it
Ebukam has done nothing really other than the chiefs game ditto for reynolds
Everett catching the go ahead TD doesn’t make up for NOT heading out of bounds twice to kill the clock

Now no one has exactly covered themselves in glory the last two weeks but that last play tomtie the game .. I’d bet my left testicle that if that’s kupp in there it’s a TD

Zodi

Hall of Fame
McVay has won 22 out of 30 regular season games. Back to back NFC West champions. This was the first time he lost back to back games, and the Eagles are the first team to beat him twice. We scored 23 points, but are disappointed because we're so used to scoring 30.

Us Rams fans are already jaded, and I'm guilty of that as well. But it's important to put things into perspective. McVay is the best coach we've had in 20 years. While the last two weeks have been frustrating, I believe he'll figure things out. Also, he's only 31. He's still learning. And we'll be good under McVay for years to come.

Oh, one more thing. That pass at the end was on target. GO RAMS.

Ants

Starter
I approve this message, Noteboom to RG and Blythe to center might make them more physical, regardless, I would give strong consideration next season either parting ways with Wade or bringing in someone like a Vance Joseph or Todd Bowles as a Senior Defensive Assistant with the caveat that they will take over as DC when Wade retires when is contract is up after 2019.

Also say goodbye to Suh and Brockers and actually bring in some youth that will fight to free Aaron Donald and get a linebacker that can actually make an impact in games.

I can go along with all of this.
Also, as far as that Reynolds "non-catch"...that video shows only the 1 angle. I don't know if the ball was overthrown or not, but to me it looked like Reynolds simply jumped too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.