Eagles at Rams/Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I dont really blame Peters for getting fed up.
Fuck these guys. There was WAY TOO MUCH NOISE all game. You can prepare for that on the road. Catching it at home would piss me off too.
Eagles fans talking mad shit at pro athletes? Nothing new to see here.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I saw the same thing as Jerry. It was partly on Reynolds, but defender grabbed and held down.

Yes. It was a foot and a half out of his reach....as he stood on the ground being held. He easily leaps 18” for the tying score.

Reynolds is not a pros pro. He doesn't know how to draw the flag or how to time up his jump ball at this point in his career. Example, if that was A Jeffery he probably would have jumped and caught it even with a defender draped over his back. And if he didn't catch it probably would have been flagged. Part of getting a penalty is selling it to the refs which Reynolds doesn't do. I don't think Josh will ever be that guy tbh, you either have it or you don't and I don't think he does.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Reynolds is not a pros pro. ....I don't think Josh will ever be that guy tbh, you either have it or you don't and I don't think he does.

Well that settles it then.

Being a "pros pro" and knowing how to draw a penalty is pretty much exactly the kind of thing you learn with experience.

Being a leader, being fast... those are things you either are or aren't. The nuances of getting calls is something that is learned by getting those opportunities. A 2nd year player with only a handful of starts isn't someone I expect to know everything Alshon Jeffrey does about getting calls..

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Reynolds is not a pros pro. He doesn't know how to draw the flag or how to time up his jump ball at this point in his career. Example, if that was A Jeffery he probably would have jumped and caught it even with a defender draped over his back. And if he didn't catch it probably would have been flagged. Part of getting a penalty is selling it to the refs which Reynolds doesn't do. I don't think Josh will ever be that guy tbh, you either have it or you don't and I don't think he does.
Maybe. But you just named a learned skill and said @you either have it or you don’t.”

I’d give Reynolds a break. He made a nice play on that near touchdown.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams are 3-3 after their 8-0 start.
I'm sure various reasons did this, including tbe match ups.
Should win the last two to close out the year as division winners and hopefully with a first round bye.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp dropped the pass in Seattle as a rookie lol you only get consistency by playing and Reynolds has been consistent just some unfortunate breaks and that happens it’s football
as a ( key word ) rookie .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/17/nfl-rams-aaron-donald-defense-stats/

Is the Rams' defense too reliant on Aaron Donald?
By: Cameron DaSilva

USATSI_11859116.jpg

Aaron Donald might be the best overall player in the NFL. Few players, let alone defenders, in today’s game demand the amount of attention that Donald does. When an opponent begins setting its game plan for attacking the Rams’ defense, the first conversation is likely, “How do we stop Aaron Donald.”

There isn’t an easy answer to that question, but teams are beginning to realize that doing anything possible to slow him down often comes with positive results – even if it means leaving offensive linemen or tight ends in one-on-one situations outside.

The Rams simply don’t have another player who can consistently win those battles to make opponents pay for focusing so much attention on Donald. It’s become a real problem for Los Angeles, too.

Nick Foles wasn’t sacked a single time on Sunday night and was hit just three times – twice by Ndamukong Suh and once by Donald. Dante Fowler Jr. made two total tackles, Samson Ebukam barely had his name called and Michael Brockers did very little in the way of rushing the passer.

When Donald doesn’t get sacks, the Rams have a hard time winning. Chew on this stat for a minute.

View: https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1074544282403565568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1074544282403565568&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2018%2F12%2F17%2Fnfl-rams-aaron-donald-defense-stats%2F

Yep, you read that right. Since 2017, when Donald has a sack, the Rams are undefeated. When he puts up a bagel in that department, the Rams are just 5-7 – and 6-8 if you include games he didn’t play.

That’s no coincidence, either. Donald makes game-changing plays, often forcing fumbles or turnovers by either sacking the quarterback or pressuring them into poor throws. And when Donald doesn’t get a sack, other defenders hardly ever do, either.

In the six games that he’s been blanked in the sack column this season, the Rams have four total sacks. They don’t have a single game with multiple sacks when Donald doesn’t have one of his own. That just goes to show that the Rams have some serious trouble getting to the quarterback without the help of the Defensive Player of the Year.

Just looking at the season stats, that’s easy to see. Of the team’s 34 sacks, Donald has nearly half of them (16.5). The next-closest player is an off-ball linebacker in Cory Littleton (4.0), followed by Ndamukong Suh (3.5) and Samson Ebukam (3.0).

Until another Rams defender or two steps up and makes teams pay for leaving them on an island in order to double or triple Donald, this is how life is going to be for No. 99. And when he doesn’t get to the quarterback, the Rams’ chances of winning drop significantly.

…..

Legend
Naw I don’t. This is this kids first extended action it’s amazing to me how many people give other particular players on this team the benefit of the doubt when their just starting off. Some things can only be learned by PLAYING. As far as this Myth of him not fighting for the ball he posted up the defender like a 6’3 wr should do but he did get held down and bumped before the ball but at the end of the day that don’t really matter because it’s plenty of reasons why we lost and have looked bad the last 3 games and Reynolds is the least of those concerns
Ok. I understand that perspective. But you should decide if he needs to learn by playing, or if these issues are myths. Can’t be both.

While I disagree with some of your take as it pertains to Reynolds, you brought up other players and it is very true that there are plenty of reasons we lose games. To take it further, its my opinion that it’s a blessing in disguise to go through this adversity now as apposed to playoff games.

The expectation obviously, is we aren’t having this discussion in January.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get a touchdown on those wide open plays we only need a fg to tie. That was the missed opportunity among others

KDS73

Rookie
Well, Marcus Peters is officially trending on twitter now because of his heckler incident. Which has led to several people posting replays of him letting a RB nobody's ever heard run for 5 extra yards and a TD instead of just tackling him. Which might explain why somebody was heckling him to begin with.

Guy is gonna have people heckling him wherever he goes now that everyone knows he has rabbit ears.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
We lost by a TD to the defending SB champs in Week 15. We are NFC West Champs with a 11-3 record.

Two years ago in Week 15 we lost 24-3 to the Seahawks and were second bottom of the NFC West 4-10 record.

I'd say things are trending in the right direction.

... and the Seahags lost which is always a good thing. :D

Plenty of football yet to be played -- let's get our mojo back in the last two weeks and win some playoff games !!

Status
Not open for further replies.