Eagles at Rams/Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
REWARD:
If you find my beloved 2018 Los Angeles Rams Football Team please return them to the L.A Coliseum
Thank You
GettyImages-894379404.jpg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Im a rams fan. This game was close. Yeah, I am going to be a fan and support them. They have had a great season then hit a slump.

Those of you who are throwing in the towel act like you are new to how sports can be.

I know it wasnt good tonight.
The eagles have a great D line and our O line is playing bad. I never thought this would be easy. The spread was stupid.
The Eagles are much better than they have played.
We have seemed exhausted and out of rhythm since our bye. Its a funk, I think the fires and moving and tough stretch of games left them drained.
Its not that surprising really, but the fall off has been dissapointing and very concerning. On that I agree. But if you think I should act like some fair weather fan and rip this teams heart or its players, sorry. Plenty of you hold that down.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
More specific vent regarding McVay for the year as a whole. Gurley has sort of looked beaten down for a few weeks now. It's strange that Gurley is leading the NFL in touches and yet somehow we're not using him enough in certain games. To me this is obviously by design - a way to save Gurley a bit. But Collinsworth talking about our depth got me thinking - at first when he mentioned it last week I dismissed him. This week I realized that I think we have good depth - I love Malcolm and Kelly looked awesome in the preseason - Reynolds has made plays, we have two good TEs, only two backup OL but they're both good. But the thing is - none of those guys really play. And that's on McVay. Brown should have A LOT more touches, and Kelly should get them in his absence. And now that we're at this point where Gurley is leading the NFL in touches, looks slow and beaten down, and yet we're also not using him correctly in certain games - that's 100% McVays fault.

^^^^^this^^^^^

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
McVay was running more until Gurley got hurt. Now he has to adjust to the deep zones we're seeing. It's okay to dink dunk for 6-9 yrds a pop. Brady does that all the time. Goff was doing that more in the 4th and started to get a rhythm.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I dunno, I've seen him play very well under pressure.

Something seems off. The ball is coming out of his hand all over the place like he is having problems gripping it or he has a sore shoulder.

It's something, but I don't think it's pressure.
Mcvay not running the football could have a lot to do with it.
Being asked to pass the ball 40+ times against the nickle is putting a lot of pressure on him mentally and physically.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't let the end of the game comeback fool you . The Rams are in big trouble in every phase . Even Collinsworth sees how the to defend our offense . McVay has done nothing to adjust to it . The defense is just plain lousy when AD is contained. Jeffery could've had 300 yards if needed . Too much hype and commercial time , and lack of accountability.
Can they beat the Cards and Whiners ? They certainly won't beat anyone in the playoffs at this rate . Yes the sky is falling.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Don't let the end of the game comeback fool you . The Rams are in big trouble in every phase . Even Collinsworth sees how the to defend our offense . McVay has done nothing to adjust to it . The defense is just plain lousy when AD is contained. Jeffery could've had 300 yards if needed . Too much hype and commercial time , and lack of accountability.
Can they beat the Cards and Whiners ? They certainly won't beat anyone in the playoffs at this rate . Yes the sky is falling.
The lack of accountability begins with the coaches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes it was. Unless he was throwing to Wilt Chamberlain that was an overthrow.

Goff has been throwing it too high for a couple of weeks.

I'm wondering if he has a nagging injury or something because he normally drills those in.

That was one of many bad passes the last few weeks. Not missed passes, bad passes.

57 pass plays called. 16 run plays called.

Houston..........we have a problem.

And AGAIN against a defense almost always rushed only 4 and played nickel and dime ALL freaking night.

McVay has become a problem and he needs to fix it.

Reynolds-1.png

Oh yeah, we needed a 7'6" WR out there. The ball is barely over Reynold's hands, and he barely is off the ground because Maddox ran into him and then grabbed him. If Reynolds gets a good jump, that ball is perfectly placed.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I really don know what to say the positive is the team does have heart maybe goff can build a bit off that obviously natsons fumble robbed goff of the chance to maybe totally regain his mojo. I'm angry and yea basically my week is ruined but it seems the team is a hair away from losing all confidence not just goff. Usually the team is alert besides timeouts but Gurley aware of the clock etc adjustments etc.... So my thinking or my way of spinning it they are all trying to over compensate

Goff forcing it due to o-line inability to block consistently all the sudden causing errant wobbly balls being thrown.
Everett not running out of bounds twice I believe
Gurley not running out of bounds
Natson with the ghost of xmas past present and future popping the ball out he joked himself out of holding on to the rock

Those all signs of me not we even though it's good intentioned it's not how it works it's a team game no one person will be the hero overall but when adversity comes we over compensate.

This week again will suck I cannot stand to hear all media crap so annoying.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
McVay was running more until Gurley got hurt.

He gave up on the run and staerted throwing into nickel and dime coverage way before Gurley had ice on his knee.

He ran it the first two drives then went pass happy.

Being asked to pass the ball 40+ times against the nickle is putting a lot of pressure on him mentally and physically.

Not just nickel they were in dime too. Just like the Bears game. Rush 4 and drop everyone else into coverage.

This is a bad pattern.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay was running more until Gurley got hurt. Now he has to adjust to the deep zones we're seeing. It's okay to dink dunk for 6-9 yrds a pop. Brady does that all the time. Goff was doing that more in the 4th and started to get a rhythm.

Exactly. When we got into hurry up situations (before half and in the 4th), we were feasting in the passing game. We need to have that same mindset all the time. If they want to sit back and force us to throw underneath, fine. Let's just sit there and pick them apart 5-10 yards at a time.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
He gave up on the run and staerted throwing into nickel and dime coverage way before Gurley had ice on his knee.

He ran it the first two drives then went pass happy.

Not just nickel they were in dime too. Just like the Bears game. Rush 4 and drop everyone else into coverage.

This is a bad pattern.
Exactly. The rams biggest weakness is mcvay himself imo.
He just gives up on the run way to often.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
Im a rams fan. This game was close. Yeah, I am going to be a fan and support them. They have had a great season then hit a slump.

Those of you who are throwing in the towel act like you are new to how sports can be.

I know it wasnt good tonight.
The eagles have a great D line and our O line is playing bad. I never thought this would be easy. The spread was stupid.
The Eagles are much better than they have played.
We have seemed exhausted and out of rhythm since our bye. Its a funk, I think the fires and moving and tough stretch of games left them drained.
Its not that surprising really, but the fall off has been dissapointing and very concerning. On that I agree. But if you think I should act like some fair weather fan and rip this teams heart or its players, sorry. Plenty of you hold that down.

Whoa whoa calm down there. I think most of us been here thru the tony banks and fisher days.No one is throwing in any towel but most of us are at least admitting theres a problem not it’s just a funk.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I dunno, I've seen him play very well under pressure.

Something seems off. The ball is coming out of his hand all over the place like he is having problems gripping it or he has a sore shoulder.

It's something, but I don't think it's pressure.

Whatever it is, it sure isn't getting any better. This game has probably cost them their best "path" to making the SB. I'm not giving up, but I'm a lot less optimistic about their chances.....they've really disappointed these past 3 weeks, including Detroit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The ball is barely over Reynold's hands

Oh please stop.

Does it matter if it's half a foot over his hands as he is leaping or ten feet over his hands?

ITS OVER HIS REACH.

It's an overthrown ball sorry.

That ball i snot perfectly placed if he is undefended..........it's overthrown.

Post a video not a cherry picked still.

The ball is high. And Goff was throwing high all night and sometimes into the ground and that's been going on for a couple of games. Something is afoot.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Reynolds-1.png

Oh yeah, we needed a 7'6" WR out there. The ball is barely over Reynold's hands, and he barely is off the ground because Maddox ran into him and then grabbed him. If Reynolds gets a good jump, that ball is perfectly placed.
I'll say it again. The ball was damn near perfect.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh please stop.

Does it matter if it's half a foot over his hands as he is leaping or ten feet over his hands?

ITS OVER HIS REACH.

It's an overthrown ball sorry.

That ball i snot perfectly placed if he is undefended..........it's overthrown.

Post a video not a cherry picked still.

The ball is high. And Goff was throwing high all night and sometimes into the ground and that's been going on for a couple of games. Something is afoot.

HE BARELY GOT OFF THE GROUND BECAUSE THE DB HIT AND GRABBED HIM! THAT BALL WAS NOT OVERTHROWN. IT WAS PERFECTLY PLACED FOR A 6'3" WR AGAINST A SMALLER DB.

I can use caps too. There's nothing cherry-picked about that shit. You go create a video. I have no fucking clue how to do it, and it's not worth my time.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Exactly. When we got into hurry up situations (before half and in the 4th), we were feasting in the passing game. We need to have that same mindset all the time. If they want to sit back and force us to throw underneath, fine. Let's just sit there and pick them apart 5-10 yards at a time.

Exactly, even though the D changes and becomes more prevent before the half and end of games, the underneath stuff is there. Take the underneath and the late release to TG and force the D to come up then take the top off. It is all about the balance and taking the yards. The dink and dunk will kill their D just to much time on the field and it will help the deep game and the running game. Hopefully 3 games in a row of this will force us to adapt.

Ram77

Rookie
I really think this team played that Chiefs game on Monday Night like it was their Super Bowl. Drained mentally and physically since then. The Chiefs look the same way too although not as bad as the Rams

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly, even thought the D changes and becomes more prevent before the half an end of game, the underneath stuff is there. Take the underneath and the late release to TG and force the D to come up then take the top off. It is all about the balance and taking the yards. The dink and dunk will kill their D just to much time on the field and it will help the deep game and the running game. Hopefully 3 games in a row of this will force us to adapt.

Exactly. Hit Everett, Higbee, Gurley, etc. on those short routes. If you are getting 5 to 7 yards a pop, you're going to move the ball. Make them come up and defend it. Don't try to force the issue down the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.