Eagles at Rams/Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Natson is lucky he's not on the Packers as they may have traded him this morning. I think the special teams coaches got it right this game instructing the returner to take a knee on the kickoffs (when possible) and start at the 25.

Ellard80

Legend
If Jo-Jo doesn't drop the ball there I'm pretty confident we come down and score a TD there....

But yeah now we gotta get real angry and win these last two.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Mcvay not running the football could have a lot to do with it.
Being asked to pass the ball 40+ times against the nickle is putting a lot of pressure on him mentally and physically.

54 attempts is too many

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Oh please stop.

Does it matter if it's half a foot over his hands as he is leaping or ten feet over his hands?

ITS OVER HIS REACH.

It's an overthrown ball sorry.

That ball i snot perfectly placed if he is undefended..........it's overthrown.

Post a video not a cherry picked still.

The ball is high. And Goff was throwing high all night and sometimes into the ground and that's been going on for a couple of games. Something is afoot.
No, it’s not.

The DB hit him early and DPI is never called there.

Ellard80

Legend
Still too many for this team...most teams

Sorry - I can't agree, there was no choice. Also remember our 2nd string RB was hurt.

In any game where the team is down that much in the 4th quarter you are going to see pass attempts inflate.

The 54 pass attempts had nothing to do with the game plan. We actually were handing the ball off a lot until we got behind and injured.

dang

Legend
I still love the Rams but my expectations have officially lowered considerably. I did like the 4th quarter effort but I fully expect a loss in their first game of the playoffs. Offseason - I expect the Rams to take care of the worst tackling in the league and the rebuilding of Goff's confidence.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely.

Started with me a few weeks ago. You don’t see the logic behind whipping Reynolds play?

@kurtfaulk nailed it.
Naw I don’t. This is this kids first extended action it’s amazing to me how many people give other particular players on this team the benefit of the doubt when their just starting off. Some things can only be learned by PLAYING. As far as this Myth of him not fighting for the ball he posted up the defender like a 6’3 wr should do but he did get held down and bumped before the ball but at the end of the day that don’t really matter because it’s plenty of reasons why we lost and have looked bad the last 3 games and Reynolds is the least of those concerns

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Don't need to actually.

It's on ESPN's front page with the title "Goff misses target on final play".

No PI, nothing.

It was overthrown. Nowhere near perfectly placed.

Sorry but even if nobody was within 10 feet of him he wasn't coming down with that ball. It was a foot and a half out of his reach.
I saw the same thing as Jerry. It was partly on Reynolds, but defender grabbed and held down.

Yes. It was a foot and a half out of his reach....as he stood on the ground being held. He easily leaps 18” for the tying score.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See that’s the thing as a fan I like to see consistency from players
Kupp gives us consistency as does woods cooks Gurley
Reynolds (and Everett and ebukam ) not so much

A great game here or there isn’t going to cut it
Ebukam has done nothing really other than the chiefs game ditto for reynolds
Everett catching the go ahead TD doesn’t make up for NOT heading out of bounds twice to kill the clock

Now no one has exactly covered themselves in glory the last two weeks but that last play tomtie the game .. I’d bet my left testicle that if that’s kupp in there it’s a TD
Kupp dropped the pass in Seattle as a rookie lol you only get consistency by playing and Reynolds has been consistent just some unfortunate breaks and that happens it’s football

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I love Kupp just like we all do but football is about availability if you’re always injured you’re not helping. I don’t want Kupp to be injury prone but it’s not looking good

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I found the problem with our O-line the last few games:

Gurley bought all of his O-linemen roller skates for Christmas.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I love Kupp just like we all do but football is about availability if you’re always injured you’re not helping. I don’t want Kupp to be injury prone but it’s not looking good
He's no Danario Alexander, bruh.....Kupp will be back and playing at a high level.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/17/nfl-rams-eagles-week-15-bye-stats-jared-goff/

Rams haven't been the same since their bye week
By: Andrew Ortenberg

The Los Angeles Rams dropped their second game in a row Sunday, falling 30-23 to the Philadelphia Eagles at home. It’s the first time they’ve lost consecutive regular-season games under Sean McVay, so this is uncharted territory for them. Their play has been very sloppy on both sides of the ball, and their recent bye week might offer one explanation as to why.

Bye weeks can often be much-needed breaks to rest up and get healthy, or time for struggling teams to regroup. They can also be momentum-halters for teams that are on fire, and the latter appears to be the case for the Los Angeles Rams.

The Rams have played their three worst games of the season since the Week 12 bye and they’ve appeared out of sync on both sides of the ball. In 11 games leading up to the bye week, the Rams averaged 35.4 points per game. In the three games since, they’ve averaged 19.7 points per game and haven’t topped 30 points once – something they did in nine of 11 games before the bye.

While the game against the Lions was a little sloppy, it ultimately turned into a win. The loss to the Bears was excused by the hostile road environment and cold weather, but there really was no excuse for what happened Sunday night. The Eagles were in disarray before this game, then suddenly looked like world beaters against the Rams.

Something clearly changed over the bye week, as the Rams have followed up their biggest win of the season over the Chiefs with three straight duds. The Chiefs have also looked considerably less impressive since their Week 12 bye, so maybe there really is something to the halted momentum theory.

Besides Jared Goff, the most notable regression has come in the offensive line. The entire unit had gotten into a real groove this season and was looking like the top line in football. Without losing any of the starters, the group has somehow crumbled and looked like a shell of itself.

It’s often said that offensive line play looks the worst at the beginning of the year because linemen take longer to knock off rust and get back into the swing of things, and perhaps the bye week hit a reset button of sorts. If that’s the case, then ostensibly the line should get better and better as the season draws to a close.

The current situation feels very similar to what happened to the Rams in the playoffs last year. The Rams had a ton of momentum and had already locked up the NFC West, so they rested all of their starters in Week 17. When they played the Falcons in the playoffs the next week, the team looked noticeably rusty and it appeared the time off had adverse effects.

The Rams also famously sat their starters the entire preseason this year and didn’t look their sharpest in Week 1 against the Raiders, letting a very bad Oakland team hang around until the very end. Clearly, the evidence suggests that this Rams team has some trouble shaking off rust, and that should overall be viewed as a good thing.

If that’s the case, then the Rams should only improve from here on out as they get further and further away from the bye week that completely killed all their momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.