PREGAME Eagles at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
This is a good test for the Rams, as it was against the 9ers.

*The Ram D'line is first order of business. They have to be stout against the run. Of course playing against a running QB makes it harder because the RPO makes it tougher on the entire defense

* In the pass game they have a big WR in Brown...you have to get that guy down after the catch. He's big...6' 1' 226 is a load for the Ram small CBs.

*McVay has to have an attack that takes advantage the Eagle secondary. You can throw on them! They've given up 1043 in pass yards. This is where the Rams can really hurt them. It gets even tougher if Kupp plays...but I think in tis game Higbeast can shine. Keep them honest though run balance has to be there along with some screens. Lastly...the Ram O'Line has to play big with Stafford have the hip issue. We just don't know how his mobility will be.

The Rams are in this game all the way.! Like the 9er game, if they turn it over...they'll lose

The line has the Rams at +4.5...and they're at home??? I think that's more about the "Hollywood atmosphere" of Ram home games. I'm no homer...but in my mind this game is even odds.

Everyone on GMFB picked the Eagles today...Id love to see them ASTONISHED on Monday morning.

ANOTHER BIG TEST...LET'S SEE OUR RAMS AT THEIR BEST!!!
Been to the mountain top and we're fighting our way back!!!
rams.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is the kind of game where the Rams tend to do well. No pressure or win expectation. Stealthy good matchup statistically. And at home.

I think we are more likely to come up short than win but the Rams coming out on top would not surprise me.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
A few weeks ago I said we have no chance in this game. Things change in the NFL. Eagles are good but they are also beatable. Don't know if we have enough to beat them but it isn't a gimme for them either.

muggmeister

Rookie
If Sam Howell, Terry McClaurin, Jahan Dotson and Brian Robinson can hang 31 on the Beagles on the road then why the hell can't we at home? It would really help if we could create a turnover or 2 in this game or as a minimum give them zero from our end. If we can finish the game no worse than -1 in the turnover category then I think we win the game. Individually, I want to see E. Jones neutralize Hurts and his running options and blast the living shit out of him at least once. One last thing, our starting o-line MUST finish the game.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone else going? I just bought tickets for me, my oldest son, my dad, my brother and his wife.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Think the Rams Offense goes off on the Eagles D. We put a 40 burger on them. Stafford will torch their Secondary this Sunday. Make their little tush push a non factor. This is the game folks. Rams about to make a big leap this Sunday.

muggmeister

Rookie
Hopefully, we will get to see Mathis, who isn't a speed rusher off the edge. He's more of the contain and edge setter that Hoecht struggles with. In other words, let Young and Donald be the hammers and Mathis can be the anvil. The guy isn't fast but he's got moves and knows how to stack and shed.

You know more than they do, trust me Tex. Do your own analysis you know what you are seeing and they don't.
Don't get your hopes up. As an avid and now shy Nebraska fan I watched almost every Husker game last year. Mathis never showed explosiveness and maybe makes 1 play a game, and not a splash play either. He just never showed me anything after transferring in from TCU and I was excited after he transferred. Too often he just looked totally lost on the field but that could also be attributed the awful fucking coaching.

oldnotdead

Legend
Don't get your hopes up. As an avid and now shy Nebraska fan I watched almost every Husker game last year. Mathis never showed explosiveness and maybe makes 1 play a game, and not a splash play either. He just never showed me anything after transferring in from TCU and I was excited after he transferred. Too often he just looked totally lost on the field but that could also be attributed the awful fucking coaching.

I'm not being overly expectant. Different team, different scheme, different level of play. I'm going by things said by McVay and friends who also watched him in college. Watched some vids on his play as well. Look at the way Morris uses his DE. He's not primarily a pass rusher. Morris will probably use him primarily on early downs to contain and set a hard edge. Think of him as a slightly faster Kier Thomas. That's why they tried Hoecht out there but he's way too raw because he's always been a DT so it's a whole new position for him to learn on the fly. He's struggling so they are trying to use him as a OLB playing SAM but he doesn't have that kind of speed after being asked to add weight to play inside on the DL. If you notice they have flexed Donald to DE on a number of occasions on passing downs using Turner at 3T. I think they will continue that throughout the season on passing downs.

I think they drafted Mathis in the 6th round to play a more conventional 3-4 DE which is containing the QB and setting a hard edge on the weakside. If he can do that well then he will be a good fit. If I remember correctly in 2.5 seasons at TCU he had like 30 TFL and 18 sacks which is I'm sure what got the Ram's attention. That role would play to Mathis' strength. Their primary pass rush will be from AD and Young this year with Mathis getting cleanup. If he can consistently set a hard edge on the weakside it will allow them to play in a base nickel. That is what the Rams might be hoping for. With Young and AD basically on the strongside they need someone to contain the QB when he scrambles to the left. IMO that is what I think Mathis' role will be.

BTW I watched vids sent to me by a friend who follows the Horned Frogs. He played well there in a similar role. Nebraska I believe plays a 3-3-5 so the 3 DL need speed which running a 4.7 Mathis has only average speed. That's why I expect Mathis would look like he wasn't explosive. Regardless they need better play on the weakside, primarily in contain and setting a hard edge.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I sure hope Cox takes the weekend off. He seems to always be on his A game when he plays the Rams. I think he rises to the challenge of trying to upstage AD99

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Is it true, the Eagles and the Jets are the only two teams Aaron Donald doesn't have a sack against?

Licking Fingers Nick Scarpino GIF by Kinda Funny

RamWoodie

Legend
Amazed at the folks that give the Rams no chance. I just watched a lady say the Rams lose 42-17...she thinks this is the week the Eagles get on track.

I'm feeling a win here but the score hasn't come to me yet.