PREGAME Eagles at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Noteboom out yet again. Jackson should be good to go backed up by McClendon. As long as Jackson is good to go no problem.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Noteboom out yet again. Jackson should be good to go backed up by McClendon. As long as Jackson is good to go no problem.

Jesus, I wonder if he can stay healthy riding the bench, because that's where he freakin belongs. We need to move on from him. Reminds me a lot of the poor mans Saffold.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
No where near the Oline of the Eagles. They sent 3 Olineman to the Pro Bowl last year. SF sent one.

and Swift is much quicker with his jukes then McAffrey in my book. Even though McCaffrey is a better overall back.

But yea the Niners were the best test so far.
Gotta Disagree with you on this. Just because they went to the probowl doesnt mean they're better. We've all seen players selected based on popularity vs actual talent. Not to say the Seagulls Oline isn't great but I wouldn't rank them any higher than SF.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Thought Boom played really well last week, however, I concur, Boom is great for depth like he was for Whitworth. Hopefully Jackson is not similar as he has also struggled in that area, but that isn't as large of a body of work as Boom.
Actually boom was pretty bad in the Colts game. Gave up a lot of pressures

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He did play really well last week. And it's funny Jackson has been handed the starting job twice and gotten injured both times but people seem to be willing to over look that. Won't matter though as this week Boom is out so Jackson had better hope he can stay healthy.
I have posted that Jackson's durability is an issue too. If one of them cannot provide that aspect, the Rams are going to have to look for someone who can. Injuries are part of the game, but durability has to factor into making the decision, especially when you have a 35 year old signal caller.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Friday injury report <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PHIvsLAR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#PHIvsLAR</a> <a href="https://t.co/NJNtEn82AL">pic.twitter.com/NJNtEn82AL</a></p>&mdash; Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) <a href=" Fletcher Cox and Cam Jurgens officially out.
View: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1710383633452638239?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">October 6, 2023</a></blockquote><script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

A little analysis from The Eagles POV

Eagles rookie storylines for the Rams game​

Which Philadelphia newbies will excel this Sunday when the Eagles play the Rams?

By Ben Natan@TheBenNatan Oct 6, 2023, 8:16am EDT
4 Comments / 4 New

The Eagles will be on the road to face off with a resurgent Rams team and go for their fifth win of the season. Sean McVay, Matt Stafford and company will be no easy task, even for the undefeated Eagles, and Philly will need a full team effort to beat them. Here is what to look for from their rookies.

Will Jalen Carter get back in the sack column?

Jalen Carter was held without a sack last week. He still made a huge impact on the game, drawing double teams as the Eagles sacked Sam Howell five times, but he went the whole game without the wow play we have been accustomed to from him. The Rams offense has been much, much better this year with Matt Stafford healthy, but they’re still vulnerable in the trenches. Carter will have an opportunity to put his mark on this game. I wonder if Aaron Donald being on the other sideline will provide some motivation for Carter in what could be a torch passing moment...

More snaps for Nolan Smith

Sean Desai mentioned late last week that Nolan Smith’s role on the team would grow as the season went along. Smith saw a bit of time against Washington but the only impact made was a costly off-sides penalty. The Eagles will need all the pass rush they can get against one of the league’s top passing offenses. Can Smith step up?

Are we close to seeing Tyler Steen line up with the starters?

A foot injury could keep Cam Jurgens out for a few weeks. While Sua Opeta filled in against Washington, Tyler Steen could see starting time sooner than later. Steen looked really solid at guard in preseason and the Eagles might want his athleticism on the field if they think he is ready.

What happens now that Sydney Brown might be back?

Sydney Brown missed last game with a leg injury, also missing an opportunity to step in for Justin Evans who was also injured. Brown and Evans are both back practicing, so it will be interesting to see what the Eagles do at safety against the Rams. Their secondary at large has been largely unsettled this year with injuries to cornerback and safety, and the safety position next to Reed Blankenship would benefit from open competition. Hopefully the Eagles give Brown a shot to prove himself as a role player soon.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh man we're going against my draft crush Nolan Smith, forgot about that.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I wonder if Aaron Donald being on the other sideline will provide some motivation for Carter in what could be a torch passing moment...

Pretty sure AD99 has this on the wall already!!!! :thinking:

Ellard80

Legend
so Eagles have a good pass rush but their coverage has been poor all year.

they give up only 2.9 yards per rush however.

So all you bitch and moan people about run pass ratio better look away next week.

We probably going to be passing a lot.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If we keep Stafford clean vs this d line it will be a major statement game by this o line. Jalen Carter is first or second in essentially every pressure category for interior d line. Fletcher Cox is a handful too. Gonna be a real test.

Saw a tweet that showed a play between Avila and Carter in the Nat Champ game and Avila ABSOLUTELY STONED Carter. I like that matchup a lot

Also, Fletcher Cox may not play

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have posted that Jackson's durability is an issue too. If one of them cannot provide that aspect, the Rams are going to have to look for someone who can. Injuries are part of the game, but durability has to factor into making the decision, especially when you have a 35 year old signal caller.
I probably sound like a broken record but I've been saying that exact thing. Jackson is showing signs of being fragile like Noteboom. I hope he isn't but so far not so good.

Next offseason I think they need to address that position and look for reliable guys. Maybe a decent decent vet and draft a left tackle for the future on day 2.

If Thomas has to play we can forget the offense carrying the team. We'll end up like last year. He really looked every bit as bad as Bobby Evans. Maybe even worse.