PREGAME Eagles at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Philly has one of the best interior lines in the NFL. When they create pressure this year it’s usually been right up the middle, just destroying the pocket. I expect McVay to move Stafford around a lot. I think we will see a steady dose of play action, bootlegs, and roll outs. Their secondary has holes in it though. If we give 9 time, I think we can score some points
Or....we'll find out our interior O line is pretty good.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Avila will get another good test for sure this week. I think the kid is good for it. He just plays nasty football man. He get AFTER folks.... Like.... He enjoys it or something. :)

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Or....we'll find out our interior O line is pretty good.
If we keep Stafford clean vs this d line it will be a major statement game by this o line. Jalen Carter is first or second in essentially every pressure category for interior d line. Fletcher Cox is a handful too. Gonna be a real test.

oldnotdead

Legend
On a side note, I went back and rewatched the Colts game to focus on Kyren and why PFF gave him a bad grade due to his pass blocking. I don't get it, I am coming to the end of the 3rd quarter and Kyren hasn't missed one blitz.

Maybe it's like I've been saying, PFF doesn't know what they are looking at. Their grading metric was created for soccer not the NFL. They grade an OT down for carrying the block around the pocket, not accounting for the time given to the QB. All they see is a defensive player "moving" an OLman. They might understand international soccer but they have proven they don't know the NFL. According to their metrics, a WR is running a clear out for the guy coming behind him. All they see is he's not being targeted so it's a negative. PFF is a bad joke for lame ass media who don't know the game and fantasy footballers who also don't know the game. That's why that woman on the NFL network who does the statistical analytics is so fucking wrong so often. It's the wrong use of statistical analytics.

They graded Donald down because of the system Morris has the DL playing. They read first then react. But against Indy Donald obviously had enough of that and he went back to his attacking style. So many times I watched Young hesitate and basically not penetrate the backfield because Morris has them defending the LOS not attacking the offense. There is a huge difference in playing style. Turn the guy loose along with Donald. Hopefully, we will get to see Mathis, who isn't a speed rusher off the edge. He's more of the contain and edge setter that Hoecht struggles with. In other words, let Young and Donald be the hammers and Mathis can be the anvil. The guy isn't fast but he's got moves and knows how to stack and shed.

You know more than they do, trust me Tex. Do your own analysis you know what you are seeing and they don't.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
I think offensively this can be a good matchup. The eagles are struggling over the middle with their injuries in the slot / safety and linebacker. They are playing less press man because of it. But they are still very good outside and their front is dangerous.

Defensively this is not a great matchup for us. Not many matchup well against the eagles. They are huge and physical in the run game. The only way we can stop them is to win against the run on early downs. Not sure I see that happening. We have to set the edge well, keep contain and get into the backfield in the interior. Also, the way the eagles convert 3rd and 4th and short.. they are hyper aggressive and don't settle for field goals often. If mcvay goes conservative which he likes to do.. they might eat us alive in that department.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I dunno. Part of me says this is a game we may not win. Maybe it would be better to sit Kupp one more week and not risk another setback.

But another part of me says this is a winnable game. Adding Kupp gives Stafford another legit weapon. The Philly secondary is vulnerable. Imagine having the decide who best to put extra attention to. Kupp or Puka. And when you think you might have it figured out you forget about Tutu and Higbee.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Avila will get another good test for sure this week. I think the kid is good for it. He just plays nasty football man. He get AFTER folks.... Like.... He enjoys it or something. :)
I think if the kid stays healthy, he will be a Hall of Famer. He is the complete package for a Guard in the NFL and is showing out, as much as a Guard can do. Maybe a beefed up version of day Tom Mack?

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
How many of those shitty Eagles fan end up in Sofi stadium? Hoping we can get it to our 70-30.
Did you see how many KC fans were in NY Sunday?

This is a not a problem exclusive to LA/RAMS.

Iggles will have their fair share. If I lived in Philly Id want to get away as much as possible. No offense to any Rams fans who live there...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see how many KC fans were in NY Sunday?

This is a not a problem exclusive to LA/RAMS.

Iggles will have their fair share. If I lived in Philly Id want to get away as much as possible. No offense to any Rams fans who live there...
The KC fanbase is pretty rabid, especially after the success of the Andy Reid era. Eagle fans are too and will snap up SoFi seats. We have a lot of "fans" are looking to pay for season tix this way.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think if the kid stays healthy, he will be a Hall of Famer. He is the complete package for a Guard in the NFL and is showing out, as much as a Guard can do. Maybe a beefed up version of day Tom Mack?
Tom Mack is an incredible comparison after four games but I agree with you that Steve Avila is off to terrific start to his career.
Hopefully he can continue his upward trajectory.

~ArkyRamsFan~

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Steve Avila and Jalen Carter faced each other last January in the NCAA Championship Game.

While Georgia crushed TCU, Carter had a relatively quiet day, FWIW (2 tackles, 0 sacks).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tom Mack is an incredible comparison after four games but I agree with you that Steve Avila is off to terrific start to his career.
Hopefully he can continue his upward trajectory.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Translation: put down the bowl of sugar @Loyal you silly bastid.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Translation: put down the bowl of sugar @Loyal you silly bastid.
Yeah, well, something along these lines wafted into my head for a brief moment. But I knew if I delayed a bit another ROD member would spring into action and bring Mr. Loyal back to planet Earth!

P.S. Speaking of reality, why did you use the blue font?
Just askin'....

~ArkyRamsFan~

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Philly has one of the best interior lines in the NFL. When they create pressure this year it’s usually been right up the middle, just destroying the pocket. I expect McVay to move Stafford around a lot. I think we will see a steady dose of play action, bootlegs, and roll outs. Their secondary has holes in it though. If we give 9 time, I think we can score some points
This would've worried me in previous seasons. Avila/Shelton/Dotson looked so stout last week though. Dotson should be even better with a game under his belt.