PREGAME Eagles at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are two differences in Jackson and Noteboom.

First Noteboom has been around longer frustrating fans by not being available.

Second Noteboom as a starter struggled greatly last season as starting LT when he was available.

And I will add that criticizing Noteboom should not require a fucking caveat or comparison with Jackson. Noteboom is a walking injury risk on his own merits. Jackson is apparently following in his footsteps, though I will say he plays well at LT when he is available.

Neither can be trusted though. We need to draft a LT. But for now it sucks ass that we have to hope Jackson can make it through the game.

Few days back I said Boom earned that RG job. But since he cannot stay healthy I must admit swing OT is his ceiling. I am fucking done with hoping he can stay healthy. Give Dotson the nod at RG the rest of the way and let's hope he can show some consistency. If and when Boom returns hopefully we can leave his ass on the bench as swing OT.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are two differences in Jackson and Noteboom.

First Noteboom has been around longer frustrating fans by not being available.

Second Noteboom as a starter struggled greatly last season as starting LT when he was available.

And I will add that criticizing Noteboom should not require a fucking caveat or comparison with Jackson. Noteboom is a walking injury risk on his own merits. Jackson is apparently following in his footsteps, though I will say he plays well at LT when he is available.

Neither can be trusted though. We need to draft a LT. But for now it sucks ass that we have to hope Jackson can make it through the game.

Few days back I said Boom earned that RG job. But since he cannot stay healthy I must admit swing OT is his ceiling. I am fucking done with hoping he can stay healthy. Give Dotson the nod at RG the rest of the way and let's hope he can show some consistency. If and when Boom returns hopefully we can leave his ass on the bench as swing OT.

Why does it bother you how they use him? If they want to start him how does it affect your life? He will stay on the field as long as he can and when he goes down either Dotson or Jackson can come in without a hitch. Don't see what the problem is with that.

As long as the 8 guys they use on game day can block I don't care which way they use them.

TexasRam

Legend
Gotta Disagree with you on this. Just because they went to the probowl doesnt mean they're better. We've all seen players selected based on popularity vs actual talent. Not to say the Seagulls Oline isn't great but I wouldn't rank them any higher than SF.
Fans vote counts 1/3. The players and coaches vote is 2/3 in NFL Football. A few sneak in on reputation maybe but not like the screwed up system in MLB.

Nearly every data point will point to Phillys Oline as superior. They were rated #1 last year by nearly all analysts. If you want to do the leg work google top O-lines of 2022 and do the same for 2023. You will see Philly in almost every case ranked #1 and the Niners typically outside the top 10. If I took the first 20 sites nearly all would have Philly #1. You won't be able to find one site that ranked SF #1.

Look at the other things such as block run win rate, pressures etc. Or just watch the games and see how dominant Philly's Oline is.

Jason Kelce has went to 6, pro bowls, Lane Johnson has went to 4 and didn't allow a sack or hit in 2022. LT Mailata was the third highest graded LT last year and had the highest run block rate. These are not flash in the pan fan selections. Even losing Seumalo they still have dominant young players in Dickerson and Jurgens.

The Eagles had a mediocre backfield last year and still had the highest yards before contact in the NFL. But watch the games and see for yourself how they blow defenses off the line and the holes they create.

The Niners have Trent Williams, some decent run blockers on the Oline, excellent run schemes, the top TE and FB run blockers and of course some really solid WR blocking to go with MxCaffrey. So overall their run game is nearly as efficient when you compare all peices.

But my original point was Phillys front 5 combined with Swifts quickness would be a problem.

Having said that, I hope our front and Linebackers punches Philly in the mouth and shuts Swift and Hurts down. It should be the key to the game. I like what Brown, Turner and Donald have been doing in the run game and hope they bring the wood in this one.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This game needs to be a coming out party for Byron Young. He’s gonna have to hold the edge and keep hurts in check on those RPOs. Letting hurts outside containment will be a problem.

Young is gonna have to give hurts something to think about too when he’s forced to throw off of that play. The Rams need to turn over a QB who isn’t know for making a lot of mistakes. But if Young can keep hurts bottled up, AD will get to him eventually.

Naturally, forcing everything back inside means our young IDL will need to step up too.

Rams 28
Eagles 20

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams better come ready to play. I don't want to see a fiasco like the ravens game in 2019 where those dicks ran over the Rams all game to a 40 point win. Similar type team, good oline, running qb, unstoppable if you let them run.

Just beat these fucks.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will agree to disagree, I thought he played well and I thought the run blocking was good too.
I am beginning to think we should draft a talented, healthy LT next year in the first round. Of course considering BPA, but when other positions are of similar quality, get a guy who can play the whole season at a high level.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

The Rams better come ready to play. I don't want to see a fiasco like the ravens game in 2019 where those dicks ran over the Rams all game to a 40 point win. Similar type team, good oline, running qb, unstoppable if you let them run.

Just beat these fucks.

Win the toss, take the ball and get a lead.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Grab the LT from Notre Dame (or Penn St.).
Fashanu(Penn St) is possibly a top 5 pick at worst top 10. Alt I've seen anywhere from the pick after Fashanu to 20. Barton from Duke will get a look too but he could be a Guard he's not the biggest LT.

After that a lot would depend on the season they have with guys like Jordan Morgan, Patrick Paul, Jack Nelson and a few others but this last group is likely 2nd round picks.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Grab the LT from Notre Dame (or Penn St.).
The Rams will need to lose most of their remaining games to have a shot at Olu Fashanu.

It's crazy early but Fashanu might be the first non-Quarterback off-the-board.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that our defense has to force some turnovers for the RAMS to win.

RAMS 26
EGOS 18

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
It's crazy early but Fashanu might be the first non-Quarterback off-the-board.
Possibly, although Harrison Jr has to enter that particular equation.

I’d love us to grab Fashanu, but doubt we’ll be picking early enough to select him, unless we trade up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the offensive line can stay intact the whole game they have a chance. Stafford needs protection to take advantage of the Kupp/Puka combo. And maybe a deep shot with Tutu.

Of course if the Eagles try and take away both Puka and Kupp this could be Tutu's chance to shine. There won't be double teams coming his way.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I am beginning to think we should draft a talented, healthy LT next year in the first round. Of course considering BPA, but when other positions are of similar quality, get a guy who can play the whole season at a high level.
This also could be the year we spend real capital on a QB of future. There is predicted to be several very good options this draft. I could see LT, Edge or QB as the top pick for us. Its clear we can't rely on Bennett and what better time to get a QB of the future when Stafford can help them develop?

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Philly has one of the best interior lines in the NFL. When they create pressure this year it’s usually been right up the middle, just destroying the pocket. I expect McVay to move Stafford around a lot. I think we will see a steady dose of play action, bootlegs, and roll outs. Their secondary has holes in it though. If we give 9 time, I think we can score some points
They may have a great Int. DL but Cox and another int. DLman are out. So they will not rotate as frequently as they normally do. Cox was on the field 70% rest not even close the rookie was at 54% rest in the 20s and teens.