Draft talk, mocks, prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I believe that many are banking on the Browns moving up for a QB but, what if they only like Bridgewater that high? The Rams might be left out in the cold if they don't end up with the #1 overall choice as the Texans could select him or make a deal with the Browns.

Matthews.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I believe that many are banking on the Browns moving up for a QB but, what if they only like Bridgewater that high? The Rams might be left out in the cold if they don't end up with the #1 overall choice as the Texans could select him or make a deal with the Browns.

The price to move to #1 overall instead of #2 overall will be a lot heftier. Texans need a QB badly, the Rams don't. So they will have to pay extra to persuade the Texans to trade back and not take the top QB. If that does happen, still have a good chance to trade back for a team looking to grab Carr or Clowney. But if we can't find a good trade, Mathews or Clowney will be our own pick. IMO.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
how l would like draft to go
1a clowney
1b best cb
2 best fs
3a best ot
3b best og
45677 traded to get as close as possible to top of round3

with those 1st 3 picks our defense should be top 5 maybe even #1 within a year or 2
with the 2 3rd round picks boudreau (who works wonders with ol men) developes ol that is ok.
this is assuming we resign saffold.
by trading away the lower pick we lose the chance for hitting a gem but we don't wind up cutting a lot of last year lower rnd picks or udfa like ray ray. this will give the team a chance to mature some.
i know we don't get a 1 wr but for a team that only thows 20 to 25 times a game do we need 1.
after all if we get a 1 wr who do we take the targets from. most want t austin to get 4 or 5. te should get 4 or 5 to keep defense honest same for rb (screens and swings ) and baily givins quick pettis need thows to develope.
with this draft the team has a chance to mature. then with the df taken care of the next few years can go all of . the future looks bright even if fisher and snead don't follow my plan. ha ha

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The price to move to #1 overall instead of #2 overall will be a lot heftier. Texans need a QB badly, the Rams don't. So they will have to pay extra to persuade the Texans to trade back and not take the top QB. If that does happen, still have a good chance to trade back for a team looking to grab Carr or Clowney. But if we can't find a good trade, Mathews or Clowney will be our own pick. IMO.

this year there isn't a luck or rg3 so i don't think there will be the killer deals like ours with washington. maybe someone will impress at the combine and make a big deal possible

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
this year there isn't a luck or rg3 so i don't think there will be the killer deals like ours with washington. maybe someone will impress at the combine and make a big deal possible

Might not be the big deal we got, but will be a good bit more than moving up to #2. Especially since the Texans do need a QB(and would probably want the top rated), and we don't need one.

On a side not, i read a couple scouts say Bridgewater has as good a skill set as Luck(i don't think so), so who knows.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Latest first-pick results. This might be my new favorite. Check the RBs! This was also graded the best draft in this session. I don't think it's feasible though.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State (B)
Round 1 Pick 17 (CHI): C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 10 (BUF): Lael Collins, OT, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15: Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (BALT): Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (B)
Round 3 Pick 1 (HOU): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama (B+)
Round 3 Pick 24 (IND): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 11 (NYG): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (A)
Round 4 Pick 28 (N.E.): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 7 Pick 15: Corey Linsley, C, Ohio State (B+)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

lasvegasrams

Rookie
i am glad most are noticing the kid from nebraska spencer long. he is a BEAST. im not sure why hes projected 7th rounder

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
i am glad most are noticing the kid from nebraska spencer long. he is a BEAST. im not sure why hes projected 7th rounder

He tore his ACL back in October, thats probably why. Before the tear he was a 4th/5th rounder i think. I still really like him like you do and would grab him in the 7th or UDFA if possible.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He tore his ACL back in October, thats probably why. Before the tear he was a 4th/5th rounder i think. I still really like him like you do and would grab him in the 7th or UDFA if possible.
That's exactly why he dropped just like most of the Cornhusker line. I think they all have been injured sometime this season.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's exactly why he dropped just like most of the Cornhusker line. I think they all have been injured sometime this season.

You are obviously a Husker fan, so know more about Long than i do. Is he as good as i think he is? Is he worth a late round pick? I think so, especially since he can be had later because of the injury, but don't know as much as someone who has watched him a lot more than me, but thats why i am asking, what your opinion is of him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You are obviously a Husker fan, so know more about Long than i do. Is he as good as i think he is? Is he worth a late round pick? I think so, especially since he can be had later because of the injury, but don't know as much as someone who has watched him a lot more than me, but thats why i am asking, what your opinion is of him.
I actually like the entire OL of the Huskers. Long is solid and. The injury definitely hurts his stock but yes, he's worth a late round flyer. The other OG Andrew Rodriguez is not a slouch either. http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131217/HUSKERS/131218865

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually like the entire OL of the Huskers. Long is solid and. The injury definitely hurts his stock but yes, he's worth a late round flyer. The other OG Andrew Rodriguez is not a slouch either. http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131217/HUSKERS/131218865

I've had Long in a few of my mocks. I like him as a developmental OG. Will fall because he's a limited athlete that doesn't have overpowering strength or size. But he kind of reminds me of Harvey Dahl. Non-stop motor, nasty and plays through the whistle...enforcer that exerts max effort at all times. I think he's worth a flyer.

Ramzee

Rookie
Lots of underclassmen have declared over the last few days. Total list now has 22 to date: http://www.draftnikcentral.com/draft-prospects/2014/underclassmen-declared/

WR Davante Adams - Fresno St.: http://www.draftnikcentral.com/draft-prospects/player-profile/?player_id=1738
TE Richard Rodgers - California: http://www.draftnikcentral.com/draft-prospects/player-profile/?player_id=2050
TE Jake Murphy - Utah: http://www.draftnikcentral.com/draft-prospects/player-profile/?player_id=2331

All declared today. Adams and Rodgers are both very intriguing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brett Smith of Wyoming is going pro. He's their starting QB. I haven't evaluated him yet because I didn't expect him to declare but I've heard good things about him from people I respect.

I think he's a guy we'll look at for our backup QB job. Likely a 3rd round pick. From what I've heard(again, haven't evaluated him yet), he's a very good athlete with a quick release and solid arm strength. The guy I talked to compared him to Jake Plummer.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Bridgewater, well, WOW! #1 pick for sure if he comes out. That kid is amazing! Please let us get the first pick. Somebody will pay a boat load for this guy.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
how l would like draft to go
1a clowney
1b best cb
2 best fs
3a best ot
3b best og
45677 traded to get as close as possible to top of round3

with those 1st 3 picks our defense should be top 5 maybe even #1 within a year or 2
with the 2 3rd round picks boudreau (who works wonders with ol men) developes ol that is ok.
this is assuming we resign saffold.
by trading away the lower pick we lose the chance for hitting a gem but we don't wind up cutting a lot of last year lower rnd picks or udfa like ray ray. this will give the team a chance to mature some.
i know we don't get a 1 wr but for a team that only thows 20 to 25 times a game do we need 1.
after all if we get a 1 wr who do we take the targets from. most want t austin to get 4 or 5. te should get 4 or 5 to keep defense honest same for rb (screens and swings ) and baily givins quick pettis need thows to develope.
with this draft the team has a chance to mature. then with the df taken care of the next few years can go all of . the future looks bright even if fisher and snead don't follow my plan. ha ha

Idk, Sneads pretty good with those late round picks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Bridgewater is done at Louisville. He just handed his mom his helmet into the stands. I think he does that because he's not going to wear it again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bridgewater is done at Louisville. He just handed his mom his helmet into the stands. I think he does that because he's not going to wear it again.

Yep. As I've said before, this is the only guy that I'd draft in order to move on from Sam at QB.

And that's not because I think lowly of Sam, it's because I think highly of Bridgewater. He's special. He makes tight window throws look easy and effortless. He's polished and runs a pro style offense in college from the LOS. He has a strong arm that can make any throw and very good mobility. His ability to throw on the run is excellent. Most of all, though, he has the right balance of gunslinger and game manager in him. Willing to dink and dunk when the defense gives it to him but not afraid to attack down the field even if there is tighter coverage.

I think the world of the kid and could go on for hours on all the great things I see in his game. He has no glaring flaws except for his size/frame. He can be a tad streaky but it's not a glaring issue.