Combine Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
27 mill in dead cap and what sort of package would a team offer for a 31 y/o guy who missed action in the last 2 years and comes with a 3 year contract at 20 mill per season?
4th rounder?
I’ll take my chances that Kupp returns to form.
In Horns!
Kupp isn’t going anywhere this season. They are trying to keep a little cohesion this year I think. Kupp is a nobrainer. He’s like an old car you like. He is worth more to you than what you can sell him for. If health holds up, he probably retires a Ram.

dang

Legend
So tell me about Asaiah Davis from South Dakota St anybody? :)
1. Played for SD State - powerhouse FBS program who won national championship this year.
2. 2000 rush yds and 33 rushing TDs in last 2 years. 500 carries so he was healthy
3. Big 6’1”. 220 bruiser. Scouting says he’s north south short burst runner. Does not have elite speed. Decent pass catcher but not impressive blocker. Likely depth as a power back in NFL.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp isn’t going anywhere this season. They are trying to keep a little cohesion this year I think. Kupp is a nobrainer. He’s like an old car you like. He is worth more to you than what you can sell him for. If health holds up, he probably retires a Ram.
Yeah, that’s kind of what I said…

Memphis Ram

Legend
I have recently morphed to mock drafting Bortolini in a few drafts instead of trying to go get one of the top 3.
He’s definitely an option that could start soon if we don’t keep Shelton. This combine sure affirms what I thought about this guy. If Shelton leaves, it would be a great year to get your beast in the middle for years to come. This guy is #4 on the beast list in my opinion. Is he starting material already?
I had written this guy off after watching the Senior Bowl practices, but some really like him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ideally, being able to nab a LT at #19 with a 5-year rookie contract could possibly make overpaying for Dotson more palatable.

That is, if Alaric Jackson is open to sliding back inside to LG while Avila moves to Center. It would probably give the team a much better OLine, but I doubt it happens.
Not a big fan of Jackson at either Guard spot or moving Avilla

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d rather play the rookie at guard for a year in that scenario and let Dotson go. Spend the cap space in edge/DL.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I’d rather play the rookie at guard for a year in that scenario and let Dotson go. Spend the cap space in edge/DL.
That works if he can be an effective RG as a rookie. I guess it's possible, but changing sides (30 starts on left side) and a position switch might be too much to expect for a rookie to have immediate success.

On the broadcast today, Taylor Lewan was just another OLineman I've heard who pointed out the difficultly in changing sides. For some reason some have no issue and others simply can't do it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Might not mean much, but prior to his injury Jackson seemed to be clearly the best OLineman on the team in 2022 when he was playing guard.
Honestly can't remember much of the OL in 2022 other than they were all hurt at some point in time. And saying one guy was the best of them isn't much of an endorsement.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Mims is too big to be moving .that fast! Holy Cow that’s scary!

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now that Fautanau officially has offensive tackle arms he's my vote for the pick. I think he'll be a fine LT.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Might not mean much, but prior to his injury Jackson seemed to be clearly the best OLineman on the team in 2022 when he was playing guard.
Jourdan reported that the Rams loved the boost Jackson provided to the run game at right guard before his injury.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Now that Fautanau officially has offensive tackle arms he's my vote for the pick. I think he'll be a fine LT.
I think he could be a fine RG or a fine RT or a fine LT. Which makes him a valuable pick. Depends on who we lose off the OL. Just Dotson, grab him. Dotson and Shelton, I would lean more towards finding a C with the first pick. JPJ preferably. Just Dotson, still could go JPJ or another IOL or T. 1 more season and we'll have to decide whether to pay Alaric or not. They have options to be sure.