Combine Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Starting to think DeJean could be a target, especially after a short trade down.

Move him to safety/ star position. Could be a big playmaker. Reminds me of Nolan Cromwell, athletic safety that makes plays. Its been awhile since we had a special safety, and his role would be more than just a safety as he could cover like a CB as well.
I miss the Rams having a good safety. To remember the last ones I think I have go all the way back to Keith Lyle, Vince Newsome, Michael Stewart and of course Nolan Cromwell. They had some good corners through the years too.

The way teams aren’t valuing safeties that highly would the Rams take one that early?

WestCoastRam

Legend
I miss the Rams having a good safety. To remember the last ones I think I have go all the way back to Keith Lyle, Vince Newsome, Michael Stewart and of course Nolan Cromwell. They had some good corners through the years too.

The way teams aren’t valuing safeties that highly would the Rams take one that early?
Right or wrong, LB is devalued in this system and to a lesser extend, so is safety.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Right or wrong, LB is devalued in this system and to a lesser extend, so is safety.
I think they are at least trying to extend Jones. Inside or Middle Linebackers are not as highly valued by most teams these days. The few I can think of run 4/3 base defenses. (Ravens, Browns, 49ers)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think they are at least trying to extend Jones. Inside or Middle Linebackers are not as highly valued by most teams these days. The few I can think of run 4/3 base defenses. (Ravens, Browns, 49ers)
Oh def, he's good, a find. Just cause it's devalued doesn't mean they won't throw some money at it. Can't imagine them spending any money to bring in more LBs though in FA though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Starting to think DeJean could be a target, especially after a short trade down.

Move him to safety/ star position. Could be a big playmaker. Reminds me of Nolan Cromwell, athletic safety that makes plays. Its been awhile since we had a special safety, and his role would be more than just a safety as he could cover like a CB as well.
Just at corner alone he looks solid. Of course DBs are tough to really know without crunching All 22 and bouncing assumptions off the coaching staff. Feels like a guy who will get dinged due to ethnicity, it is what it is there, and the Rams may be the team that benefits.

That said there are lot of corners who blew up the combine who fit and will go off that board rounds 2&3. Look at Hart (Notre Dame) the dude is 6'3" and SPARQ off the charts (course he skipped the agility stuff). Melton doesn't bring the size but he's tenacious and ran a 4.39. There's gonna be some players on that board on day two and three I can't wait to see what we do.

I agree trade down is a possibility too. Obviously but still. Got myself mentally prepared for that shit. :laugh4:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have a feeling the Rams will double dip at the CB position. It appears to be the biggest position of need if you look at the roster and the position is fairly deep in this draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have a feeling the Rams will double dip at the CB position. It appears to be the biggest position of need if you look at the roster and the position is fairly deep in this draft.
Interestingly enough. The PFF guys claim that to them, Terrion Arnold is still the best corner in the draft, he is outstanding at man coverage. However they said he looked a bit lost in zone coverage. Most teams run mostly zone. I wonder if he drops and goes after guys like Wiggins and Mitchell because they are good at both.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just at corner alone he looks solid. Of course DBs are tough to really know without crunching All 22 and bouncing assumptions off the coaching staff. Feels like a guy who will get dinged due to ethnicity, it is what it is there, and the Rams may be the team that benefits.
Just curious if you think NFL teams will ding DeJean due to his ethnicity?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interestingly enough. The PFF guys claim that to them, Terrion Arnold is still the best corner in the draft, he is outstanding at man coverage. However they said he looked a bit lost in zone coverage. Most teams run mostly zone. I wonder if he drops and goes after guys like Wiggins and Mitchell because they are good at both.
Seems to be a bit muddy between Arnold and Mitchell for who's 1-2 this draft. Wiggins weight seems problematic and heard nothing from teams about them liking him or dinging him and that's just weird. Usually you hear one or the other. I don't think that's a good sign.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I will always encourage self-exploration. Perhaps I should look at how I'm communicating what I believe to be good questions and well reasoned arguments.
It's a reality. It would be naive to think the numbers won't make teams gun shy when considering a white player for corner. These are premium picks and there are other options that don't come with that element, so maybe a team or two who are looking corner opt for one of them instead.

Not really a big deal though. Even with some teams maybe being affected by that he's too good a player to last for long and I think he'll play corner.