Colin Kaepernick a Ram?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you like Capernick as our starting QB?

• Yes

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 139 88.0%
  • IDK but F the Whiners!!

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters

Greg Stone

Rookie
I'd rather have a Midnight Toker!

I have a friend at Michigan State who told me that the big Halloween costume his senior year was a Jeff Smoker jersey and white powder above the upper lip. Despite the name it was cocaine, not pot, that Mr. Smoker was famous for.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I always thought Kaepernick was a bad QB lucky enough to be on a great offense. I still think Harbaugh made a mistake by letting Kaep keep the job after Alex Smith got over his injury... Smith is the absolute perfect QB to drive a run-driven offense with huge weapons all over and a massive O-line.

I get that Kaepernick is a great athlete, but to me he's Tim Tebow++. Tremendous arm strength, great running ability, but limited accuracy and struggles to make good decisions when his first option isn't open. His ceiling is unbelievably high, but will he ever reach it?

I lump him in with guys like Geno Smith and Jake Locker - great athletic talents, maybe not so great QB ability.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No hell no fuck no no way in hell

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Rather Wilson than Bradford
I love Russell Wilson, but a healthy (there's a big 'if') Bradford is a better passer than Wilson. If Bradford is healthy and decently protected, he's the best QB in the NFC West.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Rather Wilson than Bradford
Only if Bradford's knee is no go.

Otherwise, I see Wilson as slightly better than Kaepernick, but basically the same. Average to okay QB boosted by a superior supporting cast. A healthy Bradford absolutely outplays him if supporting casts are similar.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What kind of rams forum allows a thread with this title to remain on the front page?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I love Russell Wilson, but a healthy (there's a big 'if') Bradford is a better passer than Wilson. If Bradford is healthy and decently protected, he's the best QB in the NFC West.

Exactly my point, IF

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Only if Bradford's knee is no go.

Otherwise, I see Wilson as slightly better than Kaepernick, but basically the same. Average to okay QB boosted by a superior supporting cast. A healthy Bradford absolutely outplays him if supporting casts are similar.

Precisely

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
So you think staying healthy is totally on the QB? Nothing to do with the line?
It's not a blame game... he's right. Bradford, to this point in his career, has absorbed injuries that make you concerned. Wilson has not. Seeing as how Wilson won't be playing behind the 2011 offensive line, whether he would have been injured is irrelevant.

Bradford's injuries concern me, and I'm about as big a Bradford honk as you'll find. Wilson is younger and hasn't absorbed the punishment. Thus, he's less of an injury concern going forward.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
nuhno.gif

No. F that. No. No.

No.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Wilson wouldn't remain healthy for long behind some of the lines Bradford had.

Seattle's OL have been terrible at pass blocking.

Wilson is much better than Kaepernick as a passer and makes his line look decent because his ability to extend plays.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's not a blame game... he's right. Bradford, to this point in his career, has absorbed injuries that make you concerned. Wilson has not. Seeing as how Wilson won't be playing behind the 2011 offensive line, whether he would have been injured is irrelevant.

Bradford's injuries concern me, and I'm about as big a Bradford honk as you'll find. Wilson is younger and hasn't absorbed the punishment. Thus, he's less of an injury concern going forward.
I'd still prefer Bradford unless he's absolutely confirmed out.

If the line is good, then it wouldn't be a worry for either of them. If the line is bad, Wilson's isn't going to be magically protected from injury. It only takes one hit.

fearsomefour

Legend
In ways Kaepernick reminds me of...
84640d672b3d1b88da613f8f4ec1d0a5382d037d.jpg

TONY BANKS.
Kaepernick seems to fumble the ball less from under center but sure does seem to have problems with ball security at times. He's lost 4 fumbles this year. My personal favorite fumble of his is that bad pitch that Jenkins recovered as he rolled into the endzone.

I found this picture searching for the above picture, thought I'd share.
rams97sl-1.jpg

Does anyone remember Eddie Kennison not dropping a pass?
That is Lawrence Phillips next to Tony Banks there.
Of course Isaac is the man.
I remember Kennison catching plenty of balls and having big games....in Kansas City.
Rich Brooks with his "big 3" ala Cowboys style. Im sure Banks, Phillips and Kennison looked like Aikman, Smith and Irvin on paper.