Colin Kaepernick a Ram?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you like Capernick as our starting QB?

• Yes

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 139 88.0%
  • IDK but F the Whiners!!

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters

fearsomefour

Legend
Well yeah maybe one of the best run blocking lines but a lot of why he ran was bailing his lines stats.

I gotta say I DON'T WANT him, question is DOES HE remind Fisher of McNair or Vince Young, if it's the former we could all be disappointed .

What would be "unacceptable " is IF we traded Bradford and a second to them for Kaepernick and they kicked our asses, as long as we're talking about our worst dreams :(
Kaperdoodle creates a lot of the sacks he takes. He has stopped scrambling so much....he used to do one read and bail. Harbaby knows that the key to having success in the NFL is a QB making plays from the pocket. So, Kap is told to stay in the pocket. The problem is he has never developed the ability to consistently read defenses. The pistol offense was designed to limit QB reads, to eliminate potential turnovers. He never had to read more than one key in college. He still has not developed it....and thank goodness. So, he drops back and as soon as his first guy is not there you can watch his eyes come down to the line....no feel for moving in the pocket. A vet QB like Hill can slide and move in the pocket and make plays....the two third down conversions where he was under pressure and found Cunningham vs Denver for first downs jump to mind. I have been saying it since he was drafted, Kap has more physical talent than any QB in the league, but, he is not an NFL QB. At least not yet. To be an NFL QB you have to be a pocket passer who can read. End of story.

A55VA6

Legend
If the Rams got RG3 or Kaepernick, I wouldn't watch the games. I absolutely HATE them. Anyone but them.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would consider getting to the SB and NFC championship game as success. But I still don't want him.

We see this all of the time. A running QB starts getting hit so the team tries to make him a passing QB and he sucks. Kaepernick is better being what he is, a running QB who creates chaos when he runs and finds WRs because of the sand lot way he plays....and unfortunately that usually means injuries. However if that is what he is and that is what the Niners have they should just roll with it, at least in the playoffs.

If I was Harbaugh I would be doing just what he is doing in the regular season. Do just enough to get into the playoffs with Kaepernick trying to be a protected pocket passer. Run Kaepernick if they aren't winning like they did against the Rams in St. louis, and get to the playoffs. Then in the Playoffs just unleash him as the running QB he is. That gives them their best chance to win. Changing him doesnt. They need to utilize his best skills to maximum potential.

When Kaepernick started running against the Rams in the second half this year it changed the game.
To me it is less a worry about injuries....he has not really been injured in college or the pros and is a big guy.
I agree if it were my team I would let him do what he does best. But, the investment (Boldin, Johnson, Lloyd, draft picks at WR) is to develop the passing game. Harbaby was a decent pro QB. Im sure he wants plays executed as drawn up. There is no short cut to knowing the game. Kaperdoodle is not lazy. In fact when he was in college (same town I live in) he was a legendary worker. But, getting it to stick upstairs is a lot more of a process than doing extra reps lifting. He never had to read in college and it is catching up to him.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
No way. The only starting QB's I would take is Luck, Rodgers, Wilson, and Brees, Brady is getting old and P. Manning gets rattled to easy. And since we will never get any of those players I think we should stick to what we have and draft a QB of the future.

I hate the 49ers but it is getting excessive. There is so much speculation and drama involving the 49ers it is insane, no wonder they are struggling.

fearsomefour

Legend
Colin Kaepernick has operated from behind one of NFL's best OL's the last 3 seasons with some success. Now you think that he would get better from playing behind the Rams OL?
He creates at least half of the sacks he takes. Holds the ball, can't find secondary guys, no feel for sliding in the pocket and creating time. If you took a solid vet pocket passer most of the Whiner Oline pass blocking problems would be solved.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I rather use Davis as QB ALL year, hell I'd take Keith Null over that gonzo douchebag.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Your blaming our OL for Sams 2 ACL's?
Every QB gets sacked, not every QB shreds their ACL twice
I think they take a significant portion of the blame for the beating Sam has taken over the years, yes. Every QB gets sacked, but most QBs don't get hit to the degree Bradford did.

But more to the point, while I concede Wilson is healthier, I think he's way overrated and wouldn't perform nearly as well taken away from the supporting cast Seattle has.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think we have plenty of depth at running back, so no thanks.

:ROFLMAO:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
No.

Not only is he sucking in SF, but they have their offensive system built around him that is supposed to be utilizing his strengths. I called it back when he filled in in 2012 that it was the perfect storm. Great D, great OL, great running game. He was essentially put in a similar position as Mark Sanchez in his first few years w/the Jets. Of course the dumb as media and fans made him out to be some sort of prophet. I'll never forget Jaws saying he could be the greatest QB of all time :rolleyes:
Good call; I have an idea til last year, and knew the first few games this year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I always thought Kaepernick was a bad QB lucky enough to be on a great offense. I still think Harbaugh made a mistake by letting Kaep keep the job after Alex Smith got over his injury... Smith is the absolute perfect QB to drive a run-driven offense with huge weapons all over and a massive O-line.

I get that Kaepernick is a great athlete, but to me he's Tim Tebow++. Tremendous arm strength, great running ability, but limited accuracy and struggles to make good decisions when his first option isn't open. His ceiling is unbelievably high, but will he ever reach it?

I lump him in with guys like Geno Smith and Jake Locker - great athletic talents, maybe not so great QB ability.
I'm sure happy the whiners don't have A. Smith. They would probably be leading our division right now.

I'd rather have J. Hekker behind center running the wishbone.

Big NO for me.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
giphy.gif

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Kaperdoodle creates a lot of the sacks he takes. He has stopped scrambling so much....he used to do one read and bail. Harbaby knows that the key to having success in the NFL is a QB making plays from the pocket. So, Kap is told to stay in the pocket. The problem is he has never developed the ability to consistently read defenses. The pistol offense was designed to limit QB reads, to eliminate potential turnovers. He never had to read more than one key in college. He still has not developed it....and thank goodness. So, he drops back and as soon as his first guy is not there you can watch his eyes come down to the line....no feel for moving in the pocket. A vet QB like Hill can slide and move in the pocket and make plays....the two third down conversions where he was under pressure and found Cunningham vs Denver for first downs jump to mind. I have been saying it since he was drafted, Kap has more physical talent than any QB in the league, but, he is not an NFL QB. At least not yet. To be an NFL QB you have to be a pocket passer who can read. End of story.

I guess I should nave been more specific cuz my real point was if Fisher likes him cuz the most success Fisher had was with McNair a guy who ran a lot and made a lot of his plays out of the pocket,not THAT I think he does ,just sayin he might.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Out of all 32 starting QB's, I believe I'd have KrapperDick at 32 (or close to) on my list that I'd like to see in horns.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Out of all 32 starting QB's, I believe I'd have KrapperDick at 32 (or close to) on my list that I'd like to see in horns.
I'd list some backups ahead of him. Garoppolo, Mettenberger (backup?), Manziel (God help me), Chase Daniel, Sanchez, Pryor, Moore, Tom Savage, Henne, Glennon...

Suffice to say, I really don't like Kaepernick's game.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'd list some backups ahead of him. Garoppolo, Mettenberger (backup?), Manziel (God help me), Chase Daniel, Sanchez, Pryor, Moore, Tom Savage, Henne, Glennon...

Suffice to say, I really don't like Kaepernick's game.
Ok so we have him at maybe 40 or less out of 32. I can agree with that. It's not just his game that sucks, it's his gangsta posing, arm kissing, personality that would make even the Pope just want to smash his face.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm sure happy the whiners don't have A. Smith. They would probably be leading our division right now.

I'd rather have J. Hekker behind center running the wishbone.

Big NO for me.
I hope when the Rams are up by a ton on Sunday that Johnny gets a drive under center. But Johnny playing QB ain't going to happen. :(

Irish

Starter
I'll be honest, at first my vote was yes, simply because if we had a serviceable QB for the entire season, we would be knocking on the door of the division leaders.

But, I changed my vote to fuck the 49ers, because fuck the 49ers.

xstatic450

What?
Name
Dave
I had to say yes... I'm from Reno Nevada. I was disappointed when the niners drafted him. GO RAMS!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I guess I should nave been more specific cuz my real point was if Fisher likes him cuz the most success Fisher had was with McNair a guy who ran a lot and made a lot of his plays out of the pocket,not THAT I think he does ,just sayin he might.
Had not thought of that. Good point.