Colin Kaepernick a Ram?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you like Capernick as our starting QB?

• Yes

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 139 88.0%
  • IDK but F the Whiners!!

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No, just no!

Yes I agree...Kaepernick is like a drug and we can't even get his name right.
say-no-to-drugs.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yes. The team would just have to go back to what the 49ers had the guy doing when his first started and stop trying to make a traditional pocket passer in a pass happy offense out of him. Hire Auburn's Rhett Lashlee as the new offensive coordinator, run a form of the Auburn offense, and this team would be Super Bowl bound.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yes. The team would just have to go back to what the 49ers had the guy doing when his first started and stop trying to make a traditional pocket passer in a pass happy offense out of him. Hire Auburn's Rhett Lashlee as the new offensive coordinator, run a form of the Auburn offense, and this team would be Super Bowl bound.

Or more like SEC runner up?

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Will we recognize the Niner's next year?
1. Harbaugh gone?
2. Justin Smith retired?
3. Bouldin retired?
4. Kaepernick gone? (I doubt this one happens, you have to have something to replace him with and as we all know from exploring the possibilities for the Rams next season, quality starting QB's are rarely available)

To me the Niner's window is closing. Older team, key players aging, turmoil up and down the organization from ownership to the locker room. One more reason to be optimistic about the Rams in 2015!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Nope, you can't fit a QB's mind into such a small skull.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
In ways Kaepernick reminds me of...
84640d672b3d1b88da613f8f4ec1d0a5382d037d.jpg

TONY BANKS.
Kaepernick seems to fumble the ball less from under center but sure does seem to have problems with ball security at times. He's lost 4 fumbles this year. My personal favorite fumble of his is that bad pitch that Jenkins recovered as he rolled into the endzone.

I found this picture searching for the above picture, thought I'd share.
rams97sl-1.jpg

Does anyone remember Eddie Kennison not dropping a pass?
That is Lawrence Phillips next to Tony Banks there.
Of course Isaac is the man.

moklerman

Warner-phile
<sigh> C'mon Sammy, please get healthy. I was so happy to get this guy and looked forward to not seeing thread after thread about which QB the Rams should go after.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Colin Kaepernick has operated from behind one of NFL's best OL's the last 3 seasons with some success. Now you think that he would get better from playing behind the Rams OL?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Colin Kaepernick has operated from behind one of NFL's best OL's the last 3 seasons with some success. Now you think that he would get better from playing behind the Rams OL?
Well yeah maybe one of the best run blocking lines but a lot of why he ran was bailing his lines stats.

I gotta say I DON'T WANT him, question is DOES HE remind Fisher of McNair or Vince Young, if it's the former we could all be disappointed .

What would be "unacceptable " is IF we traded Bradford and a second to them for Kaepernick and they kicked our asses, as long as we're talking about our worst dreams :(

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If he can't succeed with one of the best supporting casts in the league with a QB friendly HC, then he can't succeed much of anywhere. No thanks.

I would consider getting to the SB and NFC championship game as success. But I still don't want him.

We see this all of the time. A running QB starts getting hit so the team tries to make him a passing QB and he sucks. Kaepernick is better being what he is, a running QB who creates chaos when he runs and finds WRs because of the sand lot way he plays....and unfortunately that usually means injuries. However if that is what he is and that is what the Niners have they should just roll with it, at least in the playoffs.

If I was Harbaugh I would be doing just what he is doing in the regular season. Do just enough to get into the playoffs with Kaepernick trying to be a protected pocket passer. Run Kaepernick if they aren't winning like they did against the Rams in St. louis, and get to the playoffs. Then in the Playoffs just unleash him as the running QB he is. That gives them their best chance to win. Changing him doesnt. They need to utilize his best skills to maximum potential.

When Kaepernick started running against the Rams in the second half this year it changed the game.