Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm afraid that Fisher might actually be for real about Case. He thinks hes perfect for his boring offense

Not so sure, I mean they moved up for Tavon who was touted as electrifying - and then plugged him into his boring offense. He might just surprise us and get that QB we all want

Athos

Legend
Case or Mannion...

My fear as well. Don't think Fisher knows the importance of a great QB.

This draft is loaded. Goff and Wentz lead the way. Get me my GD QB!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man Wentz could be the game changer for the Rams... Which means we wont get him.

lockdnram21

Legend
Not so sure, I mean they moved up for Tavon who was touted as electrifying - and then plugged him into his boring offense. He might just surprise us and get that QB we all want
Bit now he has his bell cow in Gurley and he just wants throw enough so Gurley can run run run

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn it these reports are killing me lol everyone else needs to stay away from him, hes ours!

Stel

Starter
Damn it these reports are killing me lol everyone else needs to stay away from him, hes ours!

LOL

I don't think he is showing anything today that the real scouts didn't already know. Not much gets by those guys.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mayock pumping him as well over at ESPN.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL

I don't think he is showing anything today that the real scouts didn't already know. Not much gets by those guys.

Yep.

This is why you will often see players "rise" up the draft boards particularly the small school types, as the media catches wind from their contacts with NFL teams that they've got guys wrong. Wentz has everything you want to see in a QB and that's why there's no way teams lay off him until round 2. The good thing is every QB who is appreciated by NFL teams helps us as one or two might take a different guy than who the Rams want or elect to wait until the second tier guys.

Athos

Legend
Wentz is not really doing anything special against Jacksonville State.

You're blind if you aren't seeing what has people hard for Wentz. He had the arm to make special throws, is hard to bring down, has Big Ben mobility, but prolly more straight line speed.

NDSU is run first. Wentz isn't going to put up Goff numbers. Not that style of system.

Wentz is going high and we better trade to make sure we get him.

T-Hawks

UDFA
Yep.

This is why you will often see players "rise" up the draft boards particularly the small school types, as the media catches wind from their contacts with NFL teams that they've got guys wrong. Wentz has everything you want to see in a QB and that's why there's no way teams lay off him until round 2. The good thing is every QB who is appreciated by NFL teams helps us as one or two might take a different guy than who the Rams want or elect to wait until the second tier guys.
I am not blind. I am watching the game he is not doing anything special.

Athos

Legend
Lol. Special isn't the point. Kid hasn't suited up to play for several months. He was rehabbing.

He showed his tools off. Not sure what you were expecting. He made some gorgeous passes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is his championship game last year. Note the consistent pressure he deals with in the pocket, dude has ice water in his veins. When his team needed points he'd lead them up for them. That post he threw late was beautiful. I love this kid.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not blind. I am watching the game he is not doing anything special.
:thinking:
Yep I would agree.....

leading your team to win the NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP with the score of 37 to 10 nothing to see here:huh:.

T-Hawks

UDFA
The things I like about him is he has a competitive spirit and looks like a fighter. He looks like he loves the game and he is a winner. He has all the tangibles. I think that it is just the offense he runs. I saw him make not many throws and some were bad. I only caught the end of the third quarter and fourth quarter of the championship game.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Looks like 3 Qbs are going in the top 15 and possibly top 7. I wanted Wentz at 15, but that ain't gonna happen IMO. Gonna have to trade up a bit to get him. We might have to jump the Niners to land him. I could see Cleveland and Dallas both grabbing QBs. If he checks out at the combine and interviews well, I'd have no problems jumping up for him. I think he could put this current team in contention year after year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Only watched 1st half so far. This kid is good. Some of the ball placement on these throws. Just wow