Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who do you have in mind? It's going to be very hard to sign a guy. What receiver wants to come to a team where we don't throw it too often and there is mass uncertainty at the QB position. To get a veteran most likely we wi have to trade. A guy that may be attainable is Golden Taint. He has played in a run first offense and is a solid WR. Maybe not a number one, but a good receiver that will fit what we want to do.

Realistically, I think Marvin Jones is the best FA target. Because I don't see Alshon hitting the market.

Pierre Garcon is another good option if he's cut or available for trade.

Markus Wheaton is my favorite trade option but the Steelers might not be willing to deal him.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Looks like a winner. Start Keenum and develop this kid and Mannion? Problem is we have to have 2 pro ready potential starters. Throw this D II kid to the wolves right away? No. Drop Mannion after training camp and keep foles?

Stel

Starter
Looks like a winner. Start Keenum and develop this kid and Mannion? Problem is we have to have 2 pro ready potential starters. Throw this D II kid to the wolves right away? No. Drop Mannion after training camp and keep foles?

A lot would depend on Mannion's development to date. If we draft a first round QB I think the expectation would be that he would start no later than 2017 and probably sometime in 2016. They'd want a veteran backup to start and remain the starter until the new QB is ready (enter Keenum). The season would start Keenum, Mannion, rookie, progress to rookie, Keenum, Mannion, and have the rookie (now 2nd year), Mannion and who cares who is #3 in 2017.

Of course, the realist in me thinks we will not take a QB in the draft (at least not early) and will enter 2016 with Keenum, Mannion and maybe Foles. The realist in me makes me sad.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

wow

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

A strong NO to the bolded part ... hell no! I'd rather roll with Keenum, Mannion, and a high draft pick at QB next year than any scenario that involves Foles being on this roster. His regression this season was so extreme, worse than I've ever seen by a QB who wasn't old and way past his prime. I just don't think he's salvagable. Heck, I bet we could have gotten better play out of Mannion this year than we did with Foles starting from the Packers game onward.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
A strong NO to the bolded part ... hell no! I'd rather roll with Keenum, Mannion, and a high draft pick at QB next year than any scenario that involves Foles being on this roster. His regression this season was so extreme, worse than I've ever seen by a QB who wasn't old and way past his prime. I just don't think he's salvagable. Heck, I bet we could have gotten better play out of Mannion this year than we did with Foles starting from the Packers game onward.

I agree essentially. I had high hopes for Foles until a helmet to the chest drove courage and talent out of him.

My speculation above was about what pragmatic NFL thinking might throw at us.

The Rams would never go into the season without 2 QBs with significant NFL experience. More to the point, FISHER would never go into the season with Keenum and 2 green players.

Foles fall off may be a mystery to most of us. But let me ask you this. If an unknowing fan were to watch football the last 6 weeks might he logically rank star quarterbacks this way:

Carson Palmer-written off a few years ago.
Cam Newton- mocked last year
Ryan Fitzpatrick- cast off
Blaine Gabbert- this punch line just schooled us.
Aaron Rogers- wow this guy sucks.
Tom Brady- 2-4 last 6 games. Guys a loser.
Peyton Manning- worst qb ever!

See. We are looking at a place in time. We don't know it all.

Ram65

Legend
Is it just me or did CW throw behind his receivers a lot even on short passes. As Dieter Brock stated only 16 more weeks before the draft. Is Wentz that much better than Mannion to go first round?

Athos

Legend
Wentz has physical tools you can't teach and that Mannion isn't even close to possessing.

Stel

Starter
Wentz has physical tools you can't teach and that Mannion isn't even close to possessing.

Maybe a poor analogy, but we drafted Gurley even though we had selected a young starting RB (who, interestingly, was taken in the third round, #75) the year before. Mannion was taken #89.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Okay this is why I like him....
  1. His Name...Carson Wentz because before Wentz the Rams at QB had a Stench
  2. He's compares to Ben Roethlisberger, but smarter and a great leader...Rams love that.
  3. .He's from North Dakota so if the Rams play in Green Bay, it will seem balmy.
  4. X00140_9.JPG

FRO

Legend
Maybe a poor analogy, but we drafted Gurley even though we had selected a young starting RB (who, interestingly, was taken in the third round, #75) the year before. Mannion was taken #89.
I wasn't a fan of the Mannion pick, but I'm no expert. I am in no way writing him off. I'm just wanting to fix the QB issue. We need to bring in a veteran to compete and draft another guy in the first two rounds. Have all three compete. That's what I would do. I think Fisher sees Keenum as his veteran, I strongly disagree, I like you am not sure he goes QB early in the draft. We'll see. Wentz is a good fit for us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The more I see and read about this kid the more I like him. He seems to posses that Russell Wilson like gamer quality. I hope that Snead and Fisher see it.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The more I see and read about this kid the more I like him. He seems to posses that Russell Wilson like gamer quality. I hope that Snead and Fisher see it.
I kinda thought the same thing that he seems like a much larger Wilson

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jaguars weren't planning to contend in Year 1. We will be
They werent planning on contending because they had too many holes to fill, the Rams dont. At least not to their level
The Rams are a play or two away from contending with the worst QB play in the NFL year in and out. I have to believe a talented rookie and electric WR could make the team at the very worst, comparable to the lousy play we have seen. In reality there should at least an improvement and a rookie QB could lead the team the way a Mark Sanchez, Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco did

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I repeat, as a Public Service announcement, set your DVR for tomorrow at 12 noon EST on ESPN2 to see the kid play in the 1-AA championship

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like him. Plus arm, experience under center, good feet. He gets through his progressions, but could speed that up a little. Could get a little more depth in his drops, but footwork seems pretty solid. Can roll left, and throw accurately, not all righty's can do that. He is an accurate passer from many different arm angles, and either standing still, or moving in any direction.

Seems to have some awareness, and the ability to run away from pressure. He's sneaky athletic, like Joe Flacco.

He, occasionally loads up to pass, and that gives him a tiny wind up. I have to watch it in slow motion, but other times, his release is really quick. Puts a lot of arc on most of the deep balls that I saw him throw. Can throw a bullet to the far sideline. Nice touch on short throws, and accurate to the point that the receiver doesn't lose any momentum.

Appears to be about a 4.75 - 4.8 40 yard guy. Throws it quickly, or is decisive, when he finds the open guy late. Throws into some tight windows, and will throw to a single covered man. He's a decent, and willing runner, who runs with a good tilt. He's more elusive than he looks. Could probably put another 10 - 15 on his frame, appears to have thick legs for a 6' 5" guy.

I don't know, he looks like a 1st rounder to me. He'll have a chance to move up, when everyone see's him compared to the others. He'd have my approval at #15.

jjab360

Legend
I like him. Plus arm, experience under center, good feet. He gets through his progressions, but could speed that up a little. Could get a little more depth in his drops, but footwork seems pretty solid. Can roll left, and throw accurately, not all righty's can do that. He is an accurate passer from many different arm angles, and either standing still, or moving in any direction.

Seems to have some awareness, and the ability to run away from pressure. He's sneaky athletic, like Joe Flacco.

He, occasionally loads up to pass, and that gives him a tiny wind up. I have to watch it in slow motion, but other times, his release is really quick. Puts a lot of arc on most of the deep balls that I saw him throw. Can throw a bullet to the far sideline. Nice touch on short throws, and accurate to the point that the receiver doesn't lose any momentum.

Appears to be about a 4.75 - 4.8 40 yard guy. Throws it quickly, or is decisive, when he finds the open guy late. Throws into some tight windows, and will throw to a single covered man. He's a decent, and willing runner, who runs with a good tilt. He's more elusive than he looks. Could probably put another 10 - 15 on his frame, appears to have thick legs for a 6' 5" guy.

I don't know, he looks like a 1st rounder to me. He'll have a chance to move up, when everyone see's him compared to the others. He'd have my approval at #15.
Agreed, there's a ton to like about this guy, physically he's the complete package. I'm actually worried that there's a good chance he won't fall to 15 at this point.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he is my number 2 QB prospect behind Goff now. It will be interesting to watch him play today.