Bradford to vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
So Wentz is good enough even with missing time to trade away the starter and start the season but Goff can't beat out Keenum or Mannion....:banghead:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Wentz is good enough even with missing time to trade away the starter and start the season but Goff can't beat out Keenum or Mannion....:banghead:
No..the offer was an insane deal and they couldn't refuse , AND they had Wentz for the future...Wentz just might get killed, because he will start Week One with no Preseason. They are setting up the kid from N Dakota State, to fail.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No..the offer was an insane deal and they couldn't refuse , AND they had Wentz for the future...Wentz just might get killed, because he will start Week One with no Preseason. They are setting up the kid from N Dakota State, to fail.

Or maybe not. Maybe he is more ready than we think. They have Chase - who they paid handsomely for - so it's not a necessity to throw CW in.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or maybe not. Maybe he is more ready than we think. They have Chase - who they paid handsomely for - so it's not a necessity to throw CW in.
Kaplan is reporting that Wentz starts week one against Cleveland, if he is healthy....take that for what it's worth.

Psycho_X

Legend
Man, makes you wonder if they are scared Teddy's career is over. That's a lot to give up for a one year rental. Course it's likely Teddy wouldn't be ready for game 1 next season even if he still comes back so guess they are looking at the next two years. But that's crazy.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Kaplan is reporting that Wentz starts week one against Cleveland, if he is healthy....take that for what it's worth.

I know - they ARE starting him. But not just because of this trade. They had another option.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
What?, who, Wentz? Injury? He's the number 2 QB right now, so he won't be in street clothes.

I was referring to the Bradford part. About him playing as the starter of the queens. Was making a joke about him being hurt and watching instead of playing lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They rate him because they see his ability as a passer and as a guy who can manipulate a defense and pick them apart - if protected. That's why he keeps getting traded for first round picks and no one can believe it.

Yes. Must be something there.

I understand the butthurt of his time with the Rams and the way the draft salary system was set, but c'mon now. He's not a bad player.

My take too.

I still believe Goff will very good, but there will be nervous hand-wringing if Wentz starts the season and plays well.

Yes. The door is open for serious and unpleasant critique around here if that happens... Until Goff emerges.

just heard Ron Jaworski say that he thinks the Iggles will be a Super Bowl contender in 3 years....have some more Kool-Aide, Jaws....

And Colin Kaepernick was a HOF candidate according to Jaws. I used to like Jaws, but I don't trust his opinion as much after that.

But it's a great deal for both teams, IMO.

I think so too.

Vikings have reason for hope, again.

The Eagles may have just punted away 2016, but they got a first back. That's huge after dealing for Wentz.

That's the big unknown. This trade does buy them time, and the chance to win while they do... Seems like a good use of a first round pick from that perspective.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or maybe that coach having just signed a new contract feels more secure in his job than Fisher and is willing to do what he should do and let the rookie go week 1 whether he's ready or not. This IMO has nothing to do with the QB's and everything to do with the head coaches especially with Pederson being a former OC and QB coach. And Fisher being anathema to a good offense.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Im going to be pissed if Bradford excels better with the Vikings. Only because it would show that we cannot cater to 1st rounders, and that is a coaching problem.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Im going to be pissed if Bradford excels better with the Vikings. Only because it would show that we cannot cater to 1st rounders, and that is a coaching problem.
Well, Spagnuolo couldn't cater to him, Fisher couldn't cater to him, Kelly couldn't cater to him, and now Pederson couldn't cater to him.
Is it really 4 head coaches' problems, or is it instead the one common denominator?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well, Spagnuolo couldn't cater to him, Fisher couldn't cater to him, Kelly couldn't cater to him, and now Pederson couldn't cater to him.
Is it really 4 head coaches' problems, or is it instead the one common denominator?

I guess we will find out when he plays in a Vikings uniform. If so we will have a better idea of what that may be.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could tell over at the PD, how much you hated Sam Bradford

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess we will find out when he plays in a Vikings uniform. If so we will have a better idea of what that may be.
Maybe. I think we'll see more of the same. The Vikings don't throw much (last in the league last year in attempts), and when they do throw, it's not very far (31st in YPA). It's more an extension of the run game over there so they can feature Peterson. I have no doubts Bradford will play well within that structure, but I wouldn't expect *him* -- *personally* to be the reason they make any noise this year. Assuming they do make any noise.