Bradford to vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Many of us were team Wentz before the draft and while it's hard to put all that behind us - we have to. We are team Goff now. Even if CW lights it up - our path has been chosen.
27% of us to be exact.
10% wanted a glass of water to wash down the pretzels.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
27% of us to be exact.
10% wanted a glass of water to wash down the pretzels.

In fairness / it only dropped to 27% when most were reporting that Goff would be the pick. Much closer to 50/50 when the trade was announced, right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In fairness / it only dropped to 27% when most were reporting that Goff would be the pick. Much closer to 50/50 when the trade was announced, right?
First poll...
54% Wentz
37% Goff

Also, the polls were who do YOU want, not prediction polls. The swing from Wentz to Goff was pretty dramatic. I was surprised by how much this board backtracked after just 2 weeks.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
First poll...
54% Wentz
37% Goff

Also, the polls were who do YOU want, not prediction polls. The swing from Wentz to Goff was pretty dramatic. I was surprised by how much this board backtracked after just 2 weeks.

I was disappointed in some of the sheeple, myself - but it is what it is.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe. I think we'll see more of the same. The Vikings don't throw much (last in the league last year in attempts), and when they do throw, it's not very far (31st in YPA). It's more an extension of the run game over there so they can feature Peterson. I have no doubts Bradford will play well within that structure, but I wouldn't expect *him* -- *personally* to be the reason they make any noise this year. Assuming they do make any noise.

IMO the Vikings did that because Bridgewater is limited, they drafted a guy who to date is a game manager, but that doesn't mean he couldn't develop into something better. Bradford is also a game manager so this is tit for tat.

The Vikings gave up too much, but that's what desperation will do, it forces mistakes.

That said if Bridgewater is damaged enough that he won't be the same then what could the Vikings do........the window for them is NOW and they can't wait 2 years for his injury to fully heal. I suspect this is career changing for him and they know it and that's why they did this, it isn't a one year rental Bradford will be there two years I bet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO the Vikings did that because Bridgewater is limited
Maybe. But keep in mind Zimmer is a long-time defensive coordinator and we all know what those guys think about offense and offensive gameplanning.
Keep the ball on the field for a long time on offense, and let the defense go to work after its been rested. It's an epic saga.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Man, Sam must be scratching his head right now saying wtf. Long term it's exactly what he wanted, a chance to be the guy again. But short term he has to learn a new playbook again in two weeks. He has to wonder what he did to the football gods to get shafted like this over and over. On the other hand the money gods have looked after him his whole career.

It's a rinse and repeat situation for him. In 2012 he had to reestablish himself after the horror of 2011 and mcdouche. Last year he had to do it again after two torn Acls. Now he will hope this is the last time he has to do it. He's finally on a great team, it's up to him to make the most of it.

Bruce2980

Starter

Man, Sam must be scratching his head right now saying wtf. Long term it's exactly what he wanted, a chance to be the guy again. But short term he has to learn a new playbook again in two weeks. He has to wonder what he did to the football gods to get shafted like this over and over. On the other hand the money gods have looked after him his whole career.

It's a rinse and repeat situation for him. In 2012 he had to reestablish himself after the horror of 2011 and mcdouche. Last year he had to do it again after two torn Acls. Now he will hope this is the last time he has to do it. He's finally on a great team, it's up to him to make the most of it.

I bet he is as happy as can be to get the hell out of Philadelphia. He is finally on a team that has a legitimate chance to make the playoffs with him at the helm. Good for him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Holy crap. Great, now the Bradford Homer's will come back outta the wood work to tell us how we should have traded to get him back. Goff's a bust, Keenum can't hold Sam's Jock, etc etc...
No, the past is the past. Goff is the future.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
First poll...
54% Wentz
37% Goff

I was on the fence at with Goff and Wentz.
Once I realized we moved to 1 and we're going to take one of these guys, I started watching games. Not highlight reels.
It didn't take long for me to lean heavily towards Goff.

I believe many others did the same

bluecoconuts

Legend

Initially it was being reported that the trade was to take Wentz, I think that swayed some people. Plus some (myself included) had never looked at Goff because he was always seen as the unreachable guy, where Wentz was once projected to go right around our original pick before quickly climbing up. Once I watched some film of Goff it wasn't close for me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe. But keep in mind Zimmer is a long-time defensive coordinator and we all know what those guys think about offense and offensive gameplanning.
Keep the ball on the field for a long time on offense, and let the defense go to work after its been rested. It's an epic saga.

Hug my nuts muthufucka.

Nice to see ya around here.

Luvyayerbeautifuldontgochangin

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was on the fence at with Goff and Wentz.
Once I realized we moved to 1 and we're going to take one of these guys, I started watching games. Not highlight reels.
It didn't take long for me to lean heavily towards Goff.

I believe many others did the same

Was going to say that people had more time to view both QBs after the trade. But you and @bluecoconuts covered it.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I looked up his particular type of knee dislocation. Far worse than a patella. I could honestly see that knee being an issue going forward. Dislocations are already an issue in that they can turn chronic. This one...yikes.
Why do I get the feeling Bridgeovertroubledwater never plays another down for the Vikes? That trade for Sam seems more than a stopgap to give AP a shot at a title before retiring.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A first and fourth for Bradford, Wow. That is what happens when your back is against the wall, I guess.