Bradford to vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know. Hate that putz. lol.
You and old larry used to fight the world against Sam apologists!

JCreYNx.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam Bradford who hasn't reached his full potential over a full season, gets united with Norv Turner. Man, that is a winning lottery ticket for Sam
I think its safe to say that this year will pretty much seal the debate on him whether he's all that, or not

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Maybe. I think we'll see more of the same. The Vikings don't throw much (last in the league last year in attempts), and when they do throw, it's not very far (31st in YPA). It's more an extension of the run game over there so they can feature Peterson. I have no doubts Bradford will play well within that structure, but I wouldn't expect *him* -- *personally* to be the reason they make any noise this year. Assuming they do make any noise.

They were a good team last year, with below average QB play. Bradford is at least as good as Teddy, and he doesn't lose many games by throwing lots of picks. If he stays healthy, MN just got an upgrade.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They were a good team last year, with below average QB play. Bradford is at least as good as Teddy, and he doesn't lose many games by throwing lots of picks. If he stays healthy, MN just got an upgrade.
Yeah, I agree. Bridgewater does (did) give them an extra element in that he could take off running if he had to, but there's a negligible difference in how they can operate in that offense. As per usual though, their success will rely on the defense and Peterson for the most part.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
That was alot to give up for the Vikings but I think it was necessary for them to have a chance to compete this year. Hill is not good at all and very limited at his age. Sam can still be a productive starter on a good team (which the Vikings are). They did overpay though for sure.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Sam following the Jim Plunkett career path. Highly touted but disappointing 1st overall pick that fell out of favor and bounced around the league until he landed on a good team. Best team he's been on, now it's up to him to take advantage.

Don't see big returns, this year anyway though. Spent all offseason learning one offense and now he's got to adapt on the fly, that's not really Sam's thing. Lacked stability his entire career and this is just a continuation of it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't see big returns, this year anyway though. Spent all offseason learning one offense and now he's got to adapt on the fly, that's not really Sam's thing.
I think, at this point, he knows every NFL offense.

Ram65

Legend
Crazy stuff. I'll miss watching Sam but, get to see Wentz weekly. Now, I can compare Wetz and Goff in the NFL. Can't wait!

Who said the Bradford/Foles trade is over? Oh the 6 degrees of the Bradford/Foles trade. Vikings had to save their season and the opening of the new stadium. It crazy but, good for both teams unless Wentz gets a bad injury.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Sam Bradford who hasn't reached his full potential over a full season, gets united with Norv Turner. Man, that is a winning lottery ticket for Sam
I think its safe to say that this year will pretty much seal the debate on him whether he's all that, or not

See I thought he reached his potential last year - especially after the first few games when he was out of sync with the receivers. But I don't think he'll be at that level early this year. Just not enough time for him to get chemistry with the receivers and to really know the system and verbiage.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this move for Minnesota.

Same.. Even though the eagles had the upper hand in the deal, I'd rather be the vikings right now than the eagles.

Either the Eagles have the utmost confidence in Wentz and his durability or they've given up on this season?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same.. Even though the eagles had the upper hand in the deal, I'd rather be the vikings right now than the eagles.

Either the Eagles have the utmost confidence in Wentz and his durability or they've given up on this season?

Yep. As Rams fans, we have a great understanding of what Shaun Hill gives you vs. Bradford. Plus, Bradford got better last year as he distanced himself from the injuries:
First Half of 2015
7 games
170/274
62.0%
1766 yards
6.5 YPA
9 TDs
10 Ints
76.4 QB Rating

Second Half of 2015
7 games
176/258
68.2%
1959 yards
7.6 YPA
10 TDs
4 Ints
97.0 QB Rating

He'll never be the QB I hoped and thought he would be. But I think he's still an average and legitimate starter in this league. Who knows, maybe with the Vikings quality coaching staff and pretty talented offense, he can be more.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See I thought he reached his potential last year - especially after the first few games when he was out of sync with the receivers. But I don't think he'll be at that level early this year. Just not enough time for him to get chemistry with the receivers and to really know the system and verbiage.

He does have his experience with Schottenheimer going for him in terms of verbiage. Because I believe Schottenheimer used Air Coryell verbiage in his playbook.

But I agree. It'll take him time to settle in with new WRs and a new offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think Philly came out smelling like Roses here ... They invested in the QB position and capitalized when the market was desperate for it.

They have their future in place, a guy who can play while the future gets ready, and they got a nice return for Sam.
+1