49ers@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams 21
49ers 7

with 10 minutes left in he 4th
That's on the "vaunted" self proclaimed "mob squad"
This loss is on the Defense 100%
Not a rookie who desite a crappy 6th start hung 21 points on the enemy - Goff did enough to win

View attachment 18222
they were winning in spite of goff. Not because he did enough to win. 46 percent completion percentage just doesnt cut it. Hopefully a new coach can teach him up though

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The offense every now and again can have an outstanding drive. Then proceed to punt 10 times with a bunch of 3 and outs. Offense is horrible.

When was the last time the offense was good? 2006?
I don't know when the last time the offense has been good. But under this regime it has seemed to get worse.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree the team missed on supporting cast players the previous 4 Fisher years. That's why I was against trading up for a QB. Without second round picks last year and without a first round pick this year it will be hard to add the necessary pieces around Goff. It takes the total offensive unit to be successful. QBs cannot do it on their own.
We should have 8 picks this draft that's more than enough picks to add a supporting cast. I get what you're saying and don't totally disagree with you. But I'm saying we could have added the weapons last year and we'd be no better off. They'd need a QB and all the QB's in this upcoming draft aren't as good as Goff. It may turn out that even taking the QB first over the weapons won't work. But taking the weapons before the QB isn't certain to work either especially with the upcoming QB class.

Bruce2980

Starter
It just seems fitting for this season. The players just plain gave up. Only guys I want back next season are Goff, Gurley, Cooper, Higbee and Donald. Literally everyone else can go.
Why Gurley, he doesn't have the speed, he can't cut, not one hurdle, he can't break a tackle, gets tripped easily at the line of scrimmage, he isn't the same player. I think he was kid napped by aliens and replaced with a slower less powerful imposter.
I would add Ogletree and Hekker, Zurlein, and Barron. Everyone else gone, bye bye.

FRO

Legend
We should have 8 picks this draft that's more than enough picks to add a supporting cast. I get what you're saying and don't totally disagree with you. But I'm saying we could have added the weapons last year and we'd be no better off. They'd need a QB and all the QB's in this upcoming draft aren't as good as Goff. It may turn out that even taking the QB first over the weapons won't work. But taking the weapons before the QB isn't certain to work either especially with the upcoming QB class.
I just see Bradford 2.0. Very talented QB ruined by circumstance.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Top 10 offensive players set to hit free agency in 2017
Alshon Jeffery,Cordy Glenn, would be a coup!
  • Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears .
  • Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers. ...
  • Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks. ...
  • Terron Armstead, LT, New Orleans Saints. ...
  • Ryan Schraeder, RT, Atlanta Falcons. ...
  • Cordy Glenn, LT, Buffalo Bill
  • Kamar Aiken, WR, Baltimore Ravens. ...
  • Kevin Zeitler, G, Cincinnati Bengals
we need at least two of these players. 3 if we are willing to let some of our own walk

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Goff didn't do enough to win. Which is why we didn't win. It's just unbelievable to me that our offense looks completely freaking helpless against the worst defense in the NFL. TWICE IN ONE YEAR. Unbelievable.

It's the defense
I'm just watching this again while i wait for the return of my wife and kids

At minute 7:22 we have then at 1st and 25

image.jpeg

Then here we have them at 4th and 8 with 6 minutes left

image.jpeg

And this isn't even counting the 2 point conversion they made to win the game.

The defense choked

Bruce2980

Starter
i really dont understand how greg williams calls games. Never learns his lesson and blitzes on 3rd and a mile and every time we get burned every time infuriating.
Add to that they line up 8 yards off the LOS. Are you kidding me, that gives them 8 yards per completion with zero RAC. I'd love to have 8 yards per play on offense. And in the red zone that's two plays and a TD. Unbelievable

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why Gurley, he doesn't have the speed, he can't cut, not one hurdle, he can't break a tackle, gets tripped easily at the line of scrimmage, he isn't the same player. I think he was kid napped by aliens and replaced with a slower less powerful imposter.
I would add Ogletree and Hekker, Zurlein, and Barron. Everyone else gone, bye bye.
Gurley is such a peculiar case. What the heck happened to him? My best guess is that he needs a full year under his belt post surgery. like maybe his rookie season he was fresh but now he's a bit worn after the recovery

FRO

Legend
After what 6 games you think he's ruined? Sorry I'm not that big of a pessimist.
Absolutely not what I was saying. I'm saying we are on the path to that same scenario. It's going to be hard to fix the supporting cast without a first round pick.

Bruce2980

Starter
It's the defense
I'm just watching this again while i wait for the return of my wife and kids

At minute 7:22 we have then at 1st and 25

View attachment 18226

Then here we have them at 4th and 8 with 6 minutes left

View attachment 18225

And this isn't even coubting the 2 point conversion they made to win the game.

The defense choked
Look at where the DBs are lined up, that's not choking that saying you can have the first down on every play.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know when the last time the offense has been good. But under this regime it has seemed to get worse.
remember when we hated schotty because of his 22 ranked offense? man i would kill for that offense today

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Totally agree. You can't just hodgepodge a bunch of talented pieces and expect success. There has to be a blueprint to what you're building. A 5'9" 170 lb receiver on a power run team? Big mauling blockers in a zone blocking scheme? A spread QB with an I-formation RB? The defense is good because it has an identity and a blueprint. The offense sucks because they have no clue on what they should be. Nothing matches.
Bravo
I just see Bradford 2.0. Very talented QB ruined by circumstance.

Lots of rookies i.e. Manning and Elway started out just like Goff. Maybe he will be a bust maybe he won't... regardless it's way too soon to even judge. Build the offense around Goff, hire Asshole Face. Going to take some work.

Bruce2980

Starter
why? he's just another player picked by fisher/snead.
he sucks.
That maybe inappropriate for this sight, but he isn't even back up material apparently. And even if he is, I don't want to see him until Goff is up by 35 with 2 minutes left so Gregg can let his DBs line up 30 yards off the LOS and we would still win, well maybe.

Bruce2980

Starter
I'm not sure what to think about Goff. He seems inconsistent. Makes some nice throws but then some that are bad. He did show some movement skills. He still seems a little slow with decisions. The O line and play calling don't help.

I've been off the Greg Williams train for awhile. Just pathetic late game defense.
Is he slow in his decisions, or are the WRs just not open? Or a little of both? But we do know he doesn't have time to even drop back without getting creamed.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Bravo

Lots of rookies i.e. Manning and Elway started out just like Goff. Maybe he will be a bust maybe he won't... regardless it's way too soon to even judge. Build the offense around Goff, hire Asshole Face. Going to take some work.
The whole offseason has to be based solely on getting Goff the help needed to be successful. Even if that means leaving the holes on defense vacant.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
we need to trade bust like ogletree. a lb who can't shred blocks and is soft as crap.

Or better yet put him where he belongs at OLB.

Gurley is such a peculiar case. What the heck happened to him? My best guess is that he needs a full year under his belt post surgery. like maybe his rookie season he was fresh but now he's a bit worn after the recovery

It's also curious that former Rams running backs like Tre Mason, Zac Stacy, and Daryl Richardson all looked promising for a time and then flamed out badly as well.

The Rams running back coach in those days was Ben Sirmans. This season it's Skip Peete, the brother of former QB, Rodney Peete.

Maybe it's just the O-line. :confused:

Bruce2980

Starter
The off-season is the only thing worth looking forward too.. I just hope they get it right
They are probably good at drinking and smoking dope if that is what you mean, kind of
From a talent aspect I liked Goff more. From a fit aspect I liked Wentz more. As Jrry said, the talent on this team would make any QB look poor.
Kurt Warner said something similar to what Jrry said.

This organization is a train wreck that is so lost it doesn't even know it's off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.