49ers@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure he did. But, I still question if he would have struggled as much with the Rams playing in an offense more of what we saw in 2015 which wasn't the case in Philly either.

The Rams offense from 2015 went out the window. We couldn't run the ball this year. Our running game was just as ineffective when Keenum was the QB as it was with Goff. Our fate was sealed when Fisher didn't attempt to search for a real OC.

As for entering 2017 and needed a QB, for me that would depending upon what was done with the traded draft choices. Besides, there was a chance that they might not have even needed a QB.

Because Mannion or Keenum proved themselves to be a good QB? Who would have been our QB moving forward if we didn't trade up? I guess we could have drafted Lynch. He'd have had to sit all year. We'll see how he pans out.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The Rams offense from 2015 went out the window. We couldn't run the ball this year. Our running game was just as ineffective when Keenum was the QB as it was with Goff. Our fate was sealed when Fisher didn't attempt to search for a real OC.

IMO, that was a part of the problem and why they couldn't run the ball as effectively this year. If they stuck to more along the lines of what they were doing in 2015, then Wentz would have been a perfect fit and perhaps the OLine and Gurley would have played better as well.

Because Mannion or Keenum proved themselves to be a good QB? Who would have been our QB moving forward if we didn't trade up? I guess we could have drafted Lynch. He'd have had to sit all year. We'll see how he pans out.

No. But, despite your distaste for the guy, Mannion hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything yet. And I would have preferred the team dealt for Mike Glennon rather than to give up all those selections for Goff. Maybe. Just Maybe. They'd be entering the season with a QB. Or perhaps, they'd be the front runner for Tony Romo or someone.

And maybe. Just maybe, we'd be talking about the playoffs right about now. Jeff Fisher going away from his what he was (offensive philosophy) with these Austin and Goff trade ups cost him dearly, IMO.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, that was a part of the problem and why they couldn't run the ball as effectively this year. If they stuck to more along the lines of what they were doing in 2015, then Wentz would have been a perfect fit and perhaps the OLine and Gurley would have played better as well.

I doubt it, Memphis. The OL is a total mess this year. They never look like they're on the same page. The scheme is a total disaster. Do I think they could be more effective running out of the I? Sure. But I don't see much changing. The OL and WRs would have hung Wentz out to dry (as well as Boras's total lack of competency). And Wentz would have had the same struggles he's had in Philly when their OL struggled.

No. But, despite your distaste for the guy, Mannion hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything yet. And I would have preferred the team dealt for Mike Glennon rather than to give up all those selections for Goff. Maybe. Just Maybe. They'd be entering the season with a QB. Or perhaps, they'd be the front runner for Tony Romo or someone.

And maybe. Just maybe, we'd be talking about the playoffs right about now. Jeff Fisher going away from his what he was (offensive philosophy) with these Austin and Goff trade ups cost him dearly, IMO.

Honestly, dude, this sounds like QB purgatory to me. We'd be putting our hopes in Mannion or Glennon. I liked Glennon as a bridge. But as a franchise QB? I don't really see it.

Which would leave us heading into the off-season looking for a QB. Being in the Romo sweepstakes certainly isn't appealing to me. He was hell of a QB, but his body appears to be breaking down. He'd be a temporary fix, if that. That would leave us still desperately trying to find a franchise guy.

And after firing Fisher, I don't think we'd have the same options in terms of interested coaches if we had nothing at the QB position.

I feel very confident saying that we wouldn't be talking playoffs this year. Fisher proved he's not the man for the job. Thinking he could get us to the playoffs with QB purgatory sounds miserable. He'd end up coaching here for another 5 years while we hovered around 8-8.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i really dont understand how greg williams calls games. Never learns his lesson and blitzes on 3rd and a mile and every time we get burned every time infuriating.

I was never thrilled with his hire. His last game for the saints in the playoffs against the whiners he let Alex Smith lead the whiners offense to two 80 yard td drives in the last 2 minutes of the game. Alex Smith.

He is definitely not going to help the Rams win in the future.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I was hoping for a performance that would give hope for next season. Instead, I'm left with the feeling that it doesn't fukking matter who they hire as a coach. We need about 10 new starters and we don't even have a 1st round pick. These RAMS DON'T KNOW HOW TO WIN.

yeah all I wanted from santa was a good game from goff to give me hope for the future. instead that fat bastard gave me a turd in a sack.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I doubt it, Memphis. The OL is a total mess this year. They never look like they're on the same page. The scheme is a total disaster. Do I think they could be more effective running out of the I? Sure. But I don't see much changing. The OL and WRs would have hung Wentz out to dry (as well as Boras's total lack of competency). And Wentz would have had the same struggles he's had in Philly when their OL struggled.

Will have to agree to disagree. IMO, a part of the reason the offensive line (and Gurley for that matter) is a "total mess" is because they went away from what worked last year and went with all this shotgun crap. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times we saw that wrap play (as they called it) that worked so effectively last year. The physicality on offense all but disappeared.

Honestly, dude, this sounds like QB purgatory to me. We'd be putting our hopes in Mannion or Glennon. I liked Glennon as a bridge. But as a franchise QB? I don't really see it.

Which would leave us heading into the off-season looking for a QB. Being in the Romo sweepstakes certainly isn't appealing to me. He was hell of a QB, but his body appears to be breaking down. He'd be a temporary fix, if that. That would leave us still desperately trying to find a franchise guy.

Sorry, but I'm not so sure that the team isn't still in QB purgatory even with Goff. He's just another hope like the rest of these 1st round darlings like Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater, whom I recall you being pretty high on, too. I just would have like to have seen what the team would have looked like in a more physical offense with Mannion or Glennon and the potential weapons that could have been obtained with the draft choices used to acquire Goff. Quite frankly, unless Goff proves to be a legit franchise QB (in play and not just in name) and not just an average NFL QB or worse, the Rams may have really gotten the short end of that deal (that is if they wouldn't have blown the other selections).

And after firing Fisher, I don't think we'd have the same options in terms of interested coaches if we had nothing at the QB position.

I feel very confident saying that we wouldn't be talking playoffs this year. Fisher proved he's not the man for the job. Thinking he could get us to the playoffs with QB purgatory sounds miserable. He'd end up coaching here for another 5 years while we hovered around 8-8.

Fisher proved he wasn't the guy by going away from what he initially said he planed to build offensively via the Austin and Goff trade ups, whom I believe(d) were poor fits.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will have to agree to disagree. IMO, a part of the reason the offensive line (and Gurley for that matter) is a "total mess" is because they went away from what worked last year and went with all this shotgun crap. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times we saw that wrap play (as they called it) that worked so effectively last year. The physicality on offense all but disappeared.

Keenum threw more passes from under-center than the shotgun. We still weren't running the ball when he was in there. Yea, we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see anything changing the running game or the OL this year...except an offensive coaching staff that is not inept.

Sorry, but I'm not so sure that the team isn't still in QB purgatory even with Goff. He's just another hope like the rest of these 1st round darlings like Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater, whom I recall you being pretty high on, too. I just would have like to have seen what the team would have looked like in a more physical offense with Mannion or Glennon and the potential weapons that could have been obtained with the draft choices used to acquire Goff. Quite frankly, unless Goff proves to be a legit franchise QB (in play and not just in name) and not just an average NFL QB or worse, the Rams may have really gotten the short end of that deal (that is if they wouldn't have blown the other selections).

I'll take my chance on hope over trying to win with QB purgatory.

As for Teddy Bridgewater, I recall him helping get the Vikings to the playoffs last year. Nothing he can do about his knee injury this year. Bortles regressed. Hopefully, coaching will solve the problem.

Fisher proved he wasn't the guy by going away from what he initially said he planed to build offensively via the Austin and Goff trade ups, whom I believe(d) were poor fits.

If you think that's the reason why Fisher wasn't the guy, I don't really have anything left to say. I'll just accept your offer to agree to disagree on all fronts.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Keenum threw more passes from under-center than the shotgun. We still weren't running the ball when he was in there. Yea, we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see anything changing the running game or the OL this year...except an offensive coaching staff that is not inept.

But, they were still playing more of a finesse game vs. a physical one with Keenum. Gurley was still getting handoffs from him in the shotgun and Harkey was still an afterthought.

I'll take my chance on hope over trying to win with QB purgatory.

As for Teddy Bridgewater, I recall him helping get the Vikings to the playoffs last year. Nothing he can do about his knee injury this year. Bortles regressed. Hopefully, coaching will solve the problem.

Anyone would. The issue is your QB purgatory could be another's hope.

Bridgewater game managed his Vikings to the playoffs like Mannion or Glennon in more of the 2015 mindset (and perhaps extra draft choices used or traded), may have been able to game manage the Rams to the playoffs this year. And Bortles not only regressed, my guess is that any Jaguars fan will tell you that he's made his hay in the league via garbage times stats since his arrival.

If you think that's the reason why Fisher wasn't the guy, I don't really have anything left to say. I'll just accept your offer to agree to disagree on all fronts.

Yeah we will have to agree to disagree. Fisher had a plan when he came aboard and he deviated from it with some of his personnel choices on offense. For example, Tavon Austin no more fits a smash mouth, run first, ball control offense than Greg Robinson and Rob Havenstein fit a finesse shotgun (attempted) passing offense.

Many might not like it, but if Fisher would have simply hired Norv Turner (said to be his first choice awhile back), he'd still be the head coach of the Rams and we'd be talking about the playoffs right now, IMO.

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Why? Why not? Nobody else has been able to do the job. Maybe, just maybe, the guy has a chip on his shoulder because he was brushed aside for Keenum (who has done nothing in the NFL) and then, just when it looked like he might get a chance to play, the Rams trade big to get Goff. The kid might just be ticked off! I'm ticked off and I watch from the couch! I'm motivated to kick some @$$ right about now. Maybe Mannion is at least as ticked as I am and wants to go kick somebody's @$$ more than I do. Goff got his brains scrambled last week because he made a very dumb decision. There's nothing for Goff to prove and/or learn from in the last game. The Rams aren't getting rid of him. He's not playing for a roster spot. Mannion, on the other hand, is playing for a roster spot. Maybe it's a spot he actually wants to keep, unlike what I see from a bulk of the roster. Give the guy a shot. What do the Rams have to lose? A game? It appears that they couldn't care less about losing a game.

I'm going to next week's game. I'd rather watch guys that want to compete, and compete to win, more than what I've seen of late. Even if they lose... I want to see them go down swinging! On the final TD today...watch Davis turn away from the play at the goal line. THAT is EXACTLY what I DON'T want to see. EVER! That play is the epitome of the season. I don't care if the guy still would've scored. At least make an effort to make it look like you'd rather he didn't score. Sprint to the play and bring a truckload of malice! On the game winning Kaeperdick run, who was it that DOVE at his feet? You're gone! You can't play on my football team. I'm sorry. You have to have more balls than to DIVE at a QB's feet. I'm certain there's a flag football team that could use a guy like that.
Inappropriate? Whatev... At least comeback with some kind of substance to back that up.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
oh boy!
It's the defense
I'm just watching this again while i wait for the return of my wife and kids

At minute 7:22 we have then at 1st and 25

image-jpeg.18226

Then here we have them at 4th and 8 with 6 minutes left

image-jpeg.18225

And this isn't even counting the 2 point conversion they made to win the game.

The defense choked
The defense didn't play well...couldn't get off the field...but the offense, again, basically sat on a lead and helped choke it away...piss poor offense below average defense...Bad play at corner...poor contain...shoulda spied Kaep on 3rd downs more...IDK....

I watched 90% of the game but must have missed what Quick did or didn't do. A lot of you are ticked at Quick.
What transpired that I missed?
It appears after 59 minutes of being ignored by the #1 overall pick, who all of a sudden wanted to see if Quick could win the game...his first throw to Quick was low, but catchable...but would have went NOWHERE!!!! And Quick misses this one...the next play, a lil deeper route, that seemed as if they still hadn't run but 4 or 5 plays together, a pass was intercepted. Looked a lot on Goff and a lot on Quick...
Still, all game you've been forcing it to Britt, Tavon, Kendricks, and Higbee...then you decide to give the rawest BUT best receiver on team a chance to help save the day....and he failed....

I truly believe this TEAM....yeah...the guys I said quit WEEKS ago, are infecting some of our young players...teaching them how to QUIT...

Again, you have to go cancer-like...Some GOOD GUYS...GOOD TISSUE....must be cut out..so that the team will thrive.

Where would you pick up a better STs coach than Fassel ???
Perhaps you'd check who was Philly's ST coach last year...Exactly what has ST done THIS year that makes Fassell irreplaceable?
And I would have preferred the team dealt for Mike Glennon rather than to give up all those selections for Goff. Maybe. Just Maybe. They'd be entering the season with a QB.
Naw....stay put...coulda drafted Hundley last year...Cook this year...Dak....Lynch...No reason to move up...

I still think that QB that was at Tampa, then Minnesota can play...Vince Young...Mike Vick...i MEAN, guys that have WON in the pros...while you continue to build the roster. Hey, every pick can't be great...but the lack of admitting mistakes and trying to correct poor decisions is just.....we didn't do that enough...no accountability...Excuses...from the top on down.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Amen, squandered is the perfect description....sadly I don't see Goff succeeding in LA. Many keep repeating that he'll be good, how do they know? I don't see it, never did. Folks speak about how he brought California back after 3 years. Well I watched USC beat them by 13 pts in his so called "bowl year". To me, he's another in a long list of mediocre QB's (until he shows me different). IMO, Fisher and his side kick Snead picked the wrong QB...........again.

Yeah. We'll see. Time will show all things. Lets be fair and give him a shot. He's got skills. He moves well in the pocket and he keeps his eyes downfield and makes his reads. At present he makes the WRONG read too often but he's a rookie so I'm giving him that chance. Next year I think will show whether he;s got ability or not. We need to put some pieces in play for him but that's going to be difficult given the picks we gave away.

What else can we do? I wouldn't have given it all up for him if I was boss. But they did so we've got to deal with it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I stopped watching after a pass bounced off Tavons hands, no regrets.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Same. If you're going to be bad you might as well get the highest pick possible. This team has built momentum into the offseason the last few years only to suck again the next year.

Well then maybe it will be opposite for next year since we are at the lowest point a team can get so the only way to go is up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Bortles not only regressed, my guess is that any Jaguars fan will tell you that he's made his hay in the league via garbage times stats since his arrival.

I think you'd be surprised then. Jaguar fans strongly disagreed with that take after last season. They even produced quite a bit of data to prove it wrong because it was a narrative pushed by many.

As for Bortles's long-term success, we'll see. Reading things like this make me believe the kid will find a way:
1. Fixing Bortles. One big reason that Blake Bortles broke out in 2015 was a relentless effort from the end of his rookie year to the start of his second year to fix his quirky throwing mechanics. One big reason for his regression this year is that those fixes have begun to vanish on him. Early in training camp, Bortles quickly recognized his bad habits had resurfaced, something he conceded to those close to him may have come because he wasn’t as intensely focused on them as he had been the year before. (“I can’t believe I’m throwing that way again,” he’d say.) An effort to fix it on the fly led to fatigue, and Bortles hasn’t been able to get in front of the problem. So a couple weeks ago, I’m told, Bortles started a routine of working on mechanics in front of a mirror for an hour each Monday. Additionally, as he explained to the media this week, he flew his mechanics coach Adam Dedeaux (who works for Tom House, and helped Bortles rework his motion in 2015) to Florida for a couple days of work. Maybe he can Band-Aid the issue. But as his quarterbacks coaches emphasize to all their clients, that is very difficult to do when you’re playing in game conditions every week. So it seems the good news here is that Bortles’ problems are probably fixable. The bad news is that it may take an offseason to do it, and that’s even worse news for a coaching staff that likely will need a dramatic turnaround to make it to 2017.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Well then maybe it will be opposite for next year since we are at the lowest point a team can get so the only way to go is up.
I changed my response to Blue font because @UKram thought I was being too harsh by rating me to "Chill."

SacRAManiac

Rookie
Well RAMILY. I noticed a common theme this year -the first thing I noticed is during the Panthers vs Rams game fisher was standing on the sidelines yelling at the bench not one player was looking At him. that's when I knew he had lost the team. And both the dolphins game and the 49ers game in Los Angeles we held leads going into the fourth quarter the offense could not sustain any drives (boras play calling ugh) giving the defense any rest and both Miami and San Fran were able to mount back to back drives at the end of the game -due to our defense being tired and playing that damn prevent defense -thus we lost. My choice for the next head coach is Kyle Shanahan the reason being is this- I like the offense that they run -the stretch run game which would allow for average o-lineman to zone block Not one on one and try to overpower anybody And should bring immediate results for Gurley and Goff off the play action any player on this roster is up for trade or being flat out released her cut I don't care we have plenty of Room

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I changed my response to Blue font because @UKram thought I was being too harsh by rating me to "Chill."
Sorry dude didn't even realise i did it I'll remove it sometimes happens when you're scrolling on a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.