49ers@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debacled

Starter
I think the performances we saw were more discouraging than the outcome. The team 100% gave up, and somehow people are still finding a way to blame Fisher or other coaches for that:violin:

Would like just for once for this team to get its ducks in line before going all in on a QB. Especially one that costs as much as Goff has/will.

FRO

Legend
A win is a win, regardless of how it looks. This is a team where losing has become the norm. When the game comes down to having to make plays they can't because they don't know how to win. No leadership from the coaches to the players at this point. I see this week being "survival mode" to just get through the end of the season.
Great point on the leadership. In years prior Laurinatis and Long provided leadership. Who are the leaders on the team? Are there any?

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
few rookie receivers to help him out

Top 10 offensive players set to hit free agency in 2017
Alshon Jeffery,Cordy Glenn, would be a coup!
  • Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears .
  • Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers. ...
  • Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks. ...
  • Terron Armstead, LT, New Orleans Saints. ...
  • Ryan Schraeder, RT, Atlanta Falcons. ...
  • Cordy Glenn, LT, Buffalo Bill
  • Kamar Aiken, WR, Baltimore Ravens. ...
  • Kevin Zeitler, G, Cincinnati Bengals

RedRam

Pro Bowler
why? he's just another player picked by fisher/snead.
he sucks.
Why? Why not? Nobody else has been able to do the job. Maybe, just maybe, the guy has a chip on his shoulder because he was brushed aside for Keenum (who has done nothing in the NFL) and then, just when it looked like he might get a chance to play, the Rams trade big to get Goff. The kid might just be pissed off! I'm pissed off and I watch from the couch! I'm motivated to kick some @$$ right about now. Maybe Mannion is at least as pissed as I am and wants to go kick somebody's @$$ more than I do. Goff got his brains scrambled last week because he made a very dumb decision. There's nothing for Goff to prove and/or learn from in the last game. The Rams aren't getting rid of him. He's not playing for a roster spot. Mannion, on the other hand, is playing for a roster spot. Maybe it's a spot he actually wants to keep, unlike what I see from a bulk of the roster. Give the guy a shot. What do the Rams have to lose? A game? It appears that they couldn't care less about losing a game.

I'm going to next week's game. I'd rather watch guys that want to compete, and compete to win, more than what I've seen of late. Even if they lose... I want to see them go down swinging! On the final TD today...watch Davis turn away from the play at the goal line. THAT is EXACTLY what I DON'T want to see. EVER! That play is the epitome of the season. I don't care if the guy still would've scored. At least make an effort to make it look like you'd rather he didn't score. Sprint to the play and bring a truckload of malice! On the game winning Kaeperdick run, who was it that DOVE at his feet? You're gone! You can't play on my football team. I'm sorry. You have to have more balls than to DIVE at a QB's feet. I'm certain there's a flag football team that could use a guy like that.

Last edited:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Goff can be a very good QB with the right situation around him,

But that's the rub, Goff needs the perfect fit-situation (so does a robot). We need someone to lead this team out of the darkness.....some time before I'm on the other side of the sod would be nice. :cry:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The reason why I was against the Goff trade had nothing to do with Goff and had everything to do with the supporting cast. The whole Bradford thing made me realize that a QB doesn't magically make bad players good. They can elevate a good player to look like a great one, or an average player to look like a good one, but they can't make a turd into gold. I didn't see the talent on offense. Sadly I was right. Now you are pigeonholed. You have to basically turn all your resources to getting this guy help, meanwhile holes are opening up on the defensive side of the ball.
But by your logic they're resources that should have been turned all towards getting a QB help before we have the QB. Whether you take a QB first or the weapons first you still have to spend the draft picks on the right players. Goff being drafted and traded up for wasn't the problem. The problem was that for the last 4 years Fisher missed on more picks than he hit on and didn't sign quality free agents.

…..

Legend
Missed the game.

so we snatched defeat from victory again?

vent vent vent vent vent

I like chocolate.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
It's almost like they scouted him and said, "Yeah, that's the best pure thrower in the draft.

The decision on Bradford wasn't much different, everyone was so impressed with his arm, they saw nothing else. Just as baffling to me, was the decision to draft a bunch of O Linemen in the same year and assume they'd play as a cohesive unit. This past 14 years has been little more than footballs version of the 3 stooges. :poop:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we had drafted some game changing WR's and upgraded the OLine (though nobody was really saying that this past off season aside from Center) very little would have changed. All we'd be doing is sitting in the vent thread wondering what a real QB could have done with the weapons we drafted.

FRO

Legend
But by your logic they're resources that should have been turned all towards getting a QB help before we have the QB. Whether you take a QB first or the weapons first you still have to spend the draft picks on the right players. Goff being drafted and traded up for wasn't the problem. The problem was that for the last 4 years Fisher missed on more picks than he hit on and didn't sign quality free agents.
I agree the team missed on supporting cast players the previous 4 Fisher years. That's why I was against trading up for a QB. Without second round picks last year and without a first round pick this year it will be hard to add the necessary pieces around Goff. It takes the total offensive unit to be successful. QBs cannot do it on their own.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Great point on the leadership. In years prior Laurinatis and Long provided leadership. Who are the leaders on the team? Are there any?
Right now, I see no one. Veteran leadership is non-existent with this team because we continue to churn the roster and end up being the youngest team in the league. Thank you Fisher and Snead!

Bruce2980

Starter
I will celebrate the day that Rob Boras is fired. I don't care if that makes people feel some type of way. He is easily the worst coordinator in football. I'm just glad that this staff is done. Williams can follow his buddy Fisher out the door.

I'm good with Fassel staying, though.

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't watch the second half of this game.
Wait, I just heard that Boras is going to be the next LA Rams head coach, maybe he will do something other than run on first down. No just kidding, he would never think of doing anything other than run on first down.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Sick to my stomach still, there is no one on this team who isn't to blame for this abomination. Everyone in this shit organization should be on notice, no one should feel safe. Fucking bullshit.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
Top 10 offensive players set to hit free agency in 2017
Alshon Jeffery,Cordy Glenn, would be a coup!
  • Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears .
  • Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers. ...
  • Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks. ...
  • Terron Armstead, LT, New Orleans Saints. ...
  • Ryan Schraeder, RT, Atlanta Falcons. ...
  • Cordy Glenn, LT, Buffalo Bill
  • Kamar Aiken, WR, Baltimore Ravens. ...
  • Kevin Zeitler, G, Cincinnati Bengals
we don't need any free agents.
we are in complete rebuild mode. we need the comp picks in 2018.
let britt walk. and mcdonald and keenum
we need to trade bust like ogletree. a lb who can't shred blocks and is soft as shit.

we are set at dt and punter.
and maybe at nickle cb.
that's it.
it would be moronic to invest money into this team.
build via draft.
the fisher/snead fo was a disaster. every pick a bust.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Not having Britt healthy definitely hurt. How many completions did Goff have to WR's?

Status
Not open for further replies.