49ers@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
Honestly, losing the way we did would have been better than winning that way. At least we get higher picks by losing (even if we don't have a first). Winning while looking like crap against the 49ers wouldn't feel any better.
Same. If you're going to be bad you might as well get the highest pick possible. This team has built momentum into the offseason the last few years only to suck again the next year.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Show of hands, if the Rams would have stopped the 2 point conversion how many of you would have been happy with the win?

As for me, I wouldn't. The team played poorly. Struggled to do much against a horrible defense.
I agree. I mentioned something close to this after they were 3-1. Every win has been by the skin of their teeth. The rams could very well be 0-15. The offense can't seem to string a long drive together, or score on a consistent basis. The defense crumbles when they have the lead. It's baffling.

FRO

Legend
I for one would have been happy
freak the 49ers
Being swept by Chip Kelly is sbout as low as you can go
I understand that, but with the way the team played it wouldn't have been a good feeling. It was a bad game win or lose. I do understand the emotional rivalry aspect to it though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Goff, Wentz, Prescott, Kessler, it doesn't matter who we had at QB this year. It would have been a disaster. I would have felt bad for any of them. Those guys lucked out ending up elsewhere.
Yeah. Really the only reason I wanted Wentz is because of his athleticism, intelligence, and the knowledge ahead of time that he'd have to run a lot in this offense. I felt he would be ideally suited for that type of run-centric philosophy we have, and he'd be pretty good at play-action. I have ZERO idea what the plan was for Goff. It's almost like they scouted him and said, "Yeah, that's the best pure thrower in the draft. Let's snag him and then draft a few rookie receivers to help him out." Baffling. Hopefully the next guy sorts it all out and someone upstairs gets him a legit target.

FRO

Legend
I agree. I mentioned something close to this after they were 3-1. Every win has been by the skin of their teeth. The rams could very well be 0-15. The offense can't seem to string a long drive together, or score on a consistent basis. The defense crumbles when they have the lead. It's baffling.
Every win has been a one score difference. This could easily be a 0-15 team. They really have played like one. Not a good football team at all. From the coaches to the on field talent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Show of hands, if the Rams would have stopped the 2 point conversion how many of you would have been happy with the win?

As for me, I wouldn't. The team played poorly. Struggled to do much against a horrible defense.
Well sure I would have been happy. A win is always righteous.
I'd still have a bad taste in my mouth over the season as a whole, but a win against that team is always welcome.

FRO

Legend
Yeah. Really the only reason I wanted Wentz is because of his athleticism, intelligence, and the knowledge ahead of time that he'd have to run a lot in this offense. I felt he would be ideally suited for that type of run-centric philosophy we have, and he'd be pretty good at play-action. I have ZERO idea what the plan was for Goff. It's almost like they scouted him and said, "Yeah, that's the best pure thrower in the draft. Let's snag him and then draft a few rookie receivers to help him out." Baffling. Hopefully the next guy sorts it all out and someone upstairs gets him a legit target.
From a talent aspect I liked Goff more. From a fit aspect I liked Wentz more. As Jrry said, the talent on this team would make any QB look poor.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Frankly, I don't think those guys had any idea what they were doing offensively. They had no offensive identity.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The good news is that my son gave me a "Supersized, Supersoft, Royal Plush Raschel, LA Rams Blanket" for Christmas. Now I have something to comfort me during the cold Maryland offseason(along with my Beagle). :)

bbe1738a6187d68058f02ffeb6160113.gif

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Every win has been a one score difference. This could easily be a 0-15 team. They really have played like one. Not a good football team at all. From the coaches to the on field talent.
Every win has relied on the D to seal the victory. The O has no consistency and has not been able to get multiple first downs or even a first down to run out the clock. On 3 of the wins, the opponent was within scoring distance, 2 in the redzone.

FRO

Legend
And this is the primary reason why we're not a very good football team.
Totally agree. You can't just hodgepodge a bunch of talented pieces and expect success. There has to be a blueprint to what you're building. A 5'9" 170 lb receiver on a power run team? Big mauling blockers in a zone blocking scheme? A spread QB with an I-formation RB? The defense is good because it has an identity and a blueprint. The offense sucks because they have no clue on what they should be. Nothing matches.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
They had so much luck to get the number of high draft picks they've had over the years and they've been squandered. Now we traded away the farm for Goff who looks terribad -

Amen, squandered is the perfect description....sadly I don't see Goff succeeding in LA. Many keep repeating that he'll be good, how do they know? I don't see it, never did. Folks speak about how he brought California back after 3 years. Well I watched USC beat them by 13 pts in his so called "bowl year". To me, he's another in a long list of mediocre QB's (until he shows me different). IMO, Fisher and his side kick Snead picked the wrong QB...........again.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Every win has relied on the D to seal the victory. The O has no consistency and has not been able to get multiple first downs or even a first down to run out the clock. On 3 of the wins, the opponent was within scoring distance, 2 in the redzone.
The offense every now and again can have an outstanding drive. Then proceed to punt 10 times with a bunch of 3 and outs. Offense is horrible.

When was the last time the offense was good? 2006?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally agree. You can't just hodgepodge a bunch of talented pieces and expect success. There has to be a blueprint to what you're building. A 5'9" 170 lb receiver on a power run team? Big mauling blockers in a zone blocking scheme? A spread QB with an I-formation RB? The defense is good because it has an identity and a blueprint. The offense sucks because they have no clue on what they should be. Nothing matches.

The defense doesn't have much of an identity anymore.

And I wouldn't call any of our OLs "mauling." "Big" is accurate. But none of them have shown the ability to maul at this level.

FRO

Legend
The defense doesn't have much of an identity anymore.

And I wouldn't call any of our OLs "mauling." "Big" is accurate. But none of them have shown the ability to maul at this level.
I stand corrected for sure. They were billed as mauling when drafted. And agree with the defensive assessment, but there was a time in the Fisher/Snead era where they did have one.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

A win is a win, regardless of how it looks. This is a team where losing has become the norm. When the game comes down to having to make plays they can't because they don't know how to win. No leadership from the coaches to the players at this point. I see this week being "survival mode" to just get through the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.