2 teams have Evans as top WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Yea, yea, we know Evans was a deep threat in college. The thing is, you can't run a 9 every single play. He has solid top-end speed, but he's a little slow getting out of his breaks and he messed up that post corner route at the combine.

2/32 teams have him as top WR? The other 30 have Watkins, so it's not an accolade.

Evans is a physical beast-- I'm just concerned about his route-running.
Wrong. The report says at least 2 teams, not 2 teams period.

For all we know, only two teams were willing to give out that information, and in actuality almost all teams have Evans as their no.1 WR.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yea, for better or worse, I base my evaluations on my own observations, not on the scouting reports of others. As I said in my post, Mike Evans was the better college deep threat.

To illustrate that with stats:
yuHvdoh.jpg

mWZAiha.jpg

Anyone who says Evans is not a deep ball guy at all didn't watch enough film on him, imo.

The problem with Lee's stats (20+ yards) is that he has played with not
particularly strong armed QB's.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Je vois tous les.
th

"He's gonna be a TE for somebody...and probably a most damn good one. I see....Atlanta trading down to pick Evans."
Demandez et vous recevrez les réponses...

Ram_of_Old

At 6'5" he has good size, but there is the Johnny Football factor....Only if he is there late.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, I'm willing to go on record; I don't see "it" with Evans.

I'm no scout, but I'm surprised people glance over his lack of burst. Pro CB's should have little trouble staying step for step with him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I'm no scout, but I'm surprised people glance over his lack of burst. Pro CB's should have little trouble staying step for step with him.
Totally agree,but LB's would struggle covering him as a TE.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Like Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Anquan Boldin, Marques Colston and the like?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm expressing what I see when watching Evans.

I never said that about those guys.

So you saw burst out of those guys and don't see it out of Evans? I'm just asking.

BTW, I've seen Pro CBs run step for step with the players I listed and they still make play after play after play.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So you saw burst out of those guys and don't see it out of Evans? I'm just asking.

BTW, I've seen Pro CBs run step for step with the players I listed and they still make play after play after play.

I am not a scout, obviously. I am expressing an opinion about what I've seen of Evans in anticipation of this draft. Particularly since early on there was speculation he could be a target at 13.

I don't like him.

I can't remember what I thought about those guys, but I do remember a member here high on Jeffery and I watched a lot of him because of that. At the time, I tended to agree with his favourable opinion of Jeffery.

The other guys I can't remember what my pre draft opinion was.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
At 6'5" he has good size, but there is the Johnny Football factor....Only if he is there late.

Coiencidently He had Jake Matthews blocking which was giving the QB enough time to do this. Give me Mathews @ 2-6 and Evans @ 13 please

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Then you don't want Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, or most of the WRs in this draft class.:whistle:
You got that right. I want Matthews or Mack and I'm well aware of their current depth at line backer so Mack is about as likely as a receiver at this point.

Bailey, Austin, Quick and Givens and help on the offensive line is what I want.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

A lot of catches with guys draped all over him. Will that fly in the pros?

This is why I doubt his game.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wrong. The report says at least 2 teams, not 2 teams period.

For all we know, only two teams were willing to give out that information, and in actuality almost all teams have Evans as their no.1 WR.

Put it this way, if you were betting on it, who do you think will go first, Watkins or Evans?