Your Top 5 at #19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
WalterFootball is an internet entity, so it relies upon controversy to generate clicks.

It is no better or worse than any other single-person opinion out there.

WalterFootball is not a one person site. It has been around for years.

It's a football site that focuses on the NFL Draft. As such, it provides information and offers opinions.

While none are perfect, some sites are absolutely better than others.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Today I heard Randy Mueller saying that Cooper DeJean could be another Eric Weddle. :explode1:

If so, would McVay want to pass on him?

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
WalterFootball is not a one person site.
Correct.

Unless I’ve misunderstood things, Walter Cherepinsky runs the site and produces most of the content; Charlie Campbell adds draft info.

At the end of the day, I’m neither Walter nor Charlie.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well his attitude is CRAP !! Mcvay will read through that & determine if he wants a BIG TURD
in the Locker room.
Nick Young Wtf GIF

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A receiver that I have taken a liking to for later rounds is Johnny Wilson from Florida State. He's 6'-6" 231 lbs. 10" hands, long arms, 84" wing span. He's explosive and a tough blocker. He runs well after the catch and is good at high pointing the ball.

4th round projection.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Y’all - in fairness to @So Ram - he never said Walter football was his source. He said it was someone he follows and I said that I saw some smoke along these lines on Walter - who I agree - is not a reputable source of info.

Still, Edge is going to eat in the NFL and I’ll be happy if it is in horns.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Y’all - in fairness to @So Ram - he never said Walter football was his source. He said it was someone he follows and I said that I saw some smoke along these lines on Walter - who I agree - is not a reputable source of info.

Still, Edge is going to eat in the NFL and I’ll be happy if it is in horns.
Fair enough - is he an Edge rusher ? He’s more of an inside LBer ? He can get to the QB.

Going down the list of player in later rds. would make it a lot easier to trade back than to draft
Cooper in the 1st. Rd. Chop Robinson is 25lbs & would hold the Edge a lot better.

Peyton Wilson & Latu would be an excellent combo for The Rams defense. They both have past injury problems & concerns.Part of The NFL is playing through injuries & getting back to a better(higher) level. IMO those 2 players check The boxes as Top NFL prospects that will have good careers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nobody sane is taking him in the first round.

But he is a viable option (depending upon who else is available) in the second round.
Well he has the speed & ability.I’m not the one doing the back ground check & The Rams haven’t been afraid to have different types of players on there roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Above where?

You GUESS!?! That's weak.

Yesterday, about Cooper, you wrote ... 'His attitude is CRAP' ... but you can't point to anything.

There's nothing out there, as far as I can tell.
Well 12inthe box found something as well. Is that CRAP ?? Players have the choices they want to have. Certain teams have certain players they want to deal with.

IMO The Rams are looking for more leaders & players that fit.They went 100% on draft picks last year with The Most Draft Picks in modern History (7rds) ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bobby Brown III, Ernest Jones, Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, (hell, I think AD himself), all of them came out early as well. I don't think McVay has an issue with drafting younger players. They just have to be the right ones. Maybe Cooper is? Maybe he isn't? In the second round, I don't think I'd mind as much, especially if you traded down to get an extra second.
Well I wouldn’t be the judge of that if The Rams draft him then they must like him ??? I don’t think he is a better fit than Payton Wilson,but will probably go before him. He is a player The Rams need. I side to sideline LBer who can do a lot of different things. I’ll give you that. First Rd & Top 6 ?? With character issues weather true or untrue. There is concern & I’ll be curious if he slips to WHY ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think @So Ram may be doing his best Old-Not-Dead impersonation by stating his opinion as a fact when he has absolutely nothing to support it.
12in the box at least found something that backs my statement.Anything on the internet is not always fact.I chose not to think he would be a 1st rd pick I’d want on The Rams.

Yes Memento see’s the skill set & the player The Rams
Need. Caution & where a player goes is more of the concern.

As a Poster stated that The Rams drafted Gurley,Brockers as Jr/class
thinking about Ogletree ?

Ovletree was a player Les Snead use to Brag about trading out of the first Rd & then trading back into for value & playing the board.
IMO Ovletree was a JR/ but had Red Flags as well.Weather it was his conditioning or love of the game ?
What I remember after his first year he really took to condition.NOT sure The Timing,but remember weight & shape were an issue early in his career.

Drafting a JR in The First Rd gives the player(time) an extra season to develop .

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Could all this be because he opted out of a meaningless Bowl game to prepare for the NFL Draft and then opted out of practicing or playing in the East West Shrine Game? If so, that's pretty weak to be bashing the kid for smartly protecting himself.

View: https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1738289855665246506

Can always leave it up to you to clean things up. Bashing called for ???? Maybe not,but still not that 1st.rd guy I’d be looking for ?? He is undersized ,but is that inside LBER The Rams need.

Ernest Jones reads plays well & could take him under his wing. The Rams have that kind of locker room. He needs a player a long side him that can make plays .
—I’d say Troy Reeder isn’t close to as talented. I like Payton Wilson better who has more side.

Who’s to say he doesn’t put on the weight & get stronger. ?? He’s not my #6 at 19.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Could all this be because he opted out of a meaningless Bowl game to prepare for the NFL Draft and then opted out of practicing or playing in the East West Shrine Game? If so, that's pretty weak to be bashing the kid for smartly protecting himself.

View: https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1738289855665246506

Tackling in space has been an issue for this defense too. So I am sure the Rams love him as a potential pick. Question is can they take him at the top and get a Pro Bowl level player out of it, and still fill all those other holes they have on defense plus add another threat for the pass game. I think those first four picks really need to be on point for this team to take a step forward to being a true contender. We need starters and a stud or two if at all possible, and preferably the stud is at one of those key spots like Edge.

But I do like his game. Rams do have a need at ILB. And he could play next to Jones and stay on the field a ton thus keeping the Rams in base more and making them a more stout unit. Also he might lead to them letting Jones walk in FA, if they hit big on him.

Does he impact the defense or team overall as much as some of these other guys? Maybe so. I think he should be in consideration even though I still think he's a bit of a luxury at 19.

TexasRam

Legend
Haven't been to walterfootball in years. Site was so buggy and spam filled. Not to mention outdated compared to modern sites, not only in the way they format data, but the lack of advanced analytics.

nfl.com busts me up because they are so harsh on every prospect. First rounders tend to get labeled with "has a chance to be a solid starter" and 2nd round and beyond prospects tend to be labeled as "chance to be an average backup or special teamer".

Don't know about others but I tend to like Nfldraftbuzz, thedraftnetwork and draft gurus on youtube along with player highlight reels.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Edit: this regarding walterfootball. My viewing has decreased considerably because of the ad bombardment. It’s become almost impossible to read on my phone without lengthy battles to “x” out the constant ads.

I like the player breakdowns helpful especially when they give last year’s for comparison.

I will say the mocks can be head scratching at times because the picks don’t jive with the projections.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Tackling in space has been an issue for this defense too. So I am sure the Rams love him as a potential pick. Question is can they take him at the top and get a Pro Bowl level player out of it, and still fill all those other holes they have on defense plus add another threat for the pass game. I think those first four picks really need to be on point for this team to take a step forward to being a true contender. We need starters and a stud or two if at all possible, and preferably the stud is at one of those key spots like Edge.

But I do like his game. Rams do have a need at ILB. And he could play next to Jones and stay on the field a ton thus keeping the Rams in base more and making them a more stout unit. Also he might lead to them letting Jones walk in FA, if they hit big on him.

Does he impact the defense or team overall as much as some of these other guys? Maybe so. I think he should be in consideration even though I still think he's a bit of a luxury at 19.

It's the former Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome gameplan. He said it's harder to draft at the back half of the 1st round and since you can't afford to miss on 1st rounders swing for doubles instead of home runs. Someone that's least likely to be a bust. If my top 5 guys are gone and Kobie Turner is playing 3-Tech, I hope the Rams follow that plan.

Cooper is a kid who models his game after Fred Warner who in the games I've watched is the defender that hurts the Rams more than anyone else. Not Bosa, Armstead, or whomever they put on the DLine or secondary. Hopefully he's a 2nd round option, but given the chances are the next tier of players after 19 or so is a large group (Rams really need Nix and Pennix to go early) I wouldn't complain one bit if they took him in round one.

BTW, I don't believe that the Rams need the first four picks to be on point for the team to take a step forward to being a true contender. That may prove to be a bit unrealistic in this crapshoot we call the NFL Draft. Just good health on offense. Just last year, the Lions almost made it to the Super Bowl with their defense of Aiden Hutchinson and a bunch of guys.