Your Top 5 at #19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve never met him. Do you have a named source on this or is it just anonymous crap that is always floating around at this time of year?

Maybe a little of both . The source is a source I follow & others. Take it for what it’s worth. Maybe crap,but the value combinations doesn’t match up.

He’s coming out early,so I’ll question him being ready & fitting in if there is that issue ??

Mcvay talks about fining AD99 for being 2 minutes late (using the head) ? AD99 told him to fine him,because he didn’t want special treatment.

That an example though of what The Rams are lookking for vs. bailing on teams & not stand up.

That’s just my read on it ??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem with this time of year is that players’ agents will try their hardest to get the best possible contract for their clients.
Absolutely, my point was contrary to what he said I've heard the opposite. Granted leaking bad interviews could just be the teams. Especially the 2 I listed that likely have to trade back from the 1st or up in the 2nd to get him in the range where most think he will go.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Above !! I guess he didn’t interview well ?? If nothing else - maybe he just wants to be a Ram & was told to act like a DIVA - lol
Above where?

You GUESS!?! That's weak.

Yesterday, about Cooper, you wrote ... 'His attitude is CRAP' ... but you can't point to anything.

There's nothing out there, as far as I can tell.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Maybe a little of both . The source is a source I follow & others. Take it for what it’s worth. Maybe crap,but the value combinations doesn’t match up.

He’s coming out early,so I’ll question him being ready & fitting in if there is that issue ??

Mcvay talks about fining AD99 for being 2 minutes late (using the head) ? AD99 told him to fine him,because he didn’t want special treatment.

That an example though of what The Rams are lookking for vs. bailing on teams & not stand up.

Bobby Brown III, Ernest Jones, Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, (hell, I think AD himself), all of them came out early as well. I don't think McVay has an issue with drafting younger players. They just have to be the right ones. Maybe Cooper is? Maybe he isn't? In the second round, I don't think I'd mind as much, especially if you traded down to get an extra second.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think @So Ram may be doing his best Old-Not-Dead impersonation by stating his opinion as a fact when he has absolutely nothing to support it.
I thought so as well. One thing I do when I'm interested in a prospect is find out who is rumored to be in on the player and go look at what that fan base says about him. Their beat writers usually have a different view on things than ours will and different info on meetings.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Is the source you follow claiming first hand knowledge or “anonymous reports”

I saw Walter football report on teams not liking his ego in interviews - but I never saw an actual name or an actual team linked to any of those reports - just anonymous statements. I guess I’m just less willing to buy j to any of those nowadays.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Walter football
I’m not defending WalterFootball per se, but obviously nobody is going to give away their sources.

“Sean McVay personally told me that (insert player’s name here) is crap”

Nobody would ever put that in print… or online, as it is these days.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Is the source you follow claiming first hand knowledge or “anonymous reports”

I saw Walter football report on teams not liking his ego in interviews - but I never saw an actual name or an actual team linked to any of those reports - just anonymous statements. I guess I’m just less willing to buy j to any of those nowadays.

WalterFootball is a scummy site not worthy of any draft day clicks. Kobie Turner was given a "Millen Kielbasa Whatever" grade by that site (Walter's oddly fixated on kielbasa; maybe he has a weird fetish? I don't know, and I'm certainly not judging, but it does make you wonder.). That should tell you all you need to know.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
WalterFootball is a scummy site not worthy of any draft day clicks. Kobie Turner was given a "Millen Kielbasa Whatever" grade by that site (Walter's oddly fixated on kielbasa; maybe he has a weird fetish? I don't know, and I'm certainly not judging, but it does make you wonder.). That should tell you all you need to know.
WalterFootball also gave the Rams' free agent signings of Andrew Whitworth and Robert Woods bad grades.

The site wrote that Whitworth was done, and merely taking one last paycheck when he signed in 2017.

Meanwhile, Woods got the "Matt Millen Grade" indicating an even worse grade than an F.

Walter Football was founded by a die-hard Eagles fan name Walter Cherepinsky.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Walter Football did indeed reference some "terrible interviews" at the East-West Shrine Week.

Found it after @12intheBox posted above.

Walter's sources are bogus, and given that he insults players who have more talent in their little toe than he could accumulate in a million lifetimes being the way he is, as well as insulting people like McVay and Snead when they first started (don't forget that he gave Whitworth and Woods "Millen Kielbasa Whatever" grades - again, fixated on Millen, Millen's ass, and kielbasa), I don't put any stock in what he says. He has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have little regard for the WalterFootball site but felt compelled to mention this because I criticized @So Ram for posting something without any support.

And if So Ram wants to use Walter as a source, so be it, but Walter himself is a typical shock jock hack whom I have absolutely zero respect for.

dang

Legend
Walter Football did indeed reference some "terrible interviews" at the East-West Shrine Week.

Found it after @12intheBox posted above.
I believe to a significant degree a teams culture can greatly counter (positively or negatively) the natural tendencies of a player. Look what the 69ers did with Fred Warner. A stand/up, reputable ILB by all accounts who is now a cheap shot like his other pos teammates like Dre Outlaw. Rams great team culture would accentuate the positive for just about any player.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
WalterFootball is an internet entity, so it relies upon controversy to generate clicks.

It is no better or worse than any other single-person opinion out there.

Memento

Name
Jemma
WalterFootball is an internet entity, so it relies upon controversy to generate clicks.

It is no better or worse than any other single-person opinion out there.

Walter is easily worse. He insults other analysts whenever they get things wrong or do something he doesn't like, insults players and general managers who are so much more talented than he is if they do something he doesn't like, doesn't hold himself accountable for anything he says, no matter how wrong it is, has "sources" that are most likely bullshit, insults upstanding people with petty, juvenile insults just because they say something he doesn't like (see his "series" on Emmitt Smith), etc.

He's a middle-school child who never grew up and narcissistically claims himself as the gospel truth. I have no respect for him, and his site is trash because of him.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And if So Ram wants to use Walter as a source, so be it, but Walter himself is a typical shock jock hack whom I have absolutely zero respect for.
That's not the point I was making.

Some of us were criticizing SoRam for making a statement without ANY source. WalterFootball is a source.

A separate point ... which we appear to agree upon ... is that WalterFooball is a garbage site.