Your Top 5 at #19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
1. Trade down to gain a second or third (better both) but even an early fourth would be awesome. There are some great prospects through 100

2. Don’t draft a player who has had a significant injury. e.g. Payton Wilson. There are other positions and no one player or position of need

3. Have a plan and vision for how you want the DL to look. We should address CB LB and RB OT maybe WR/TE but the DL will be key to defensive success this season. Not simply Edge. How about a supporting cast for Kobie?

4. If we stick, take the best player, so that could be a WR or OT. If we take, for example Brian Thomas JR [count me as excited!], how can we build an imposing DL from round 2 through 4? That plus take advantage of a deep CB group?

5. These things considered and based on who might be realistically available:

1. Quinton Mitchell
2. Brian Thomas JR
3. Chop Robinson
4. Darius Robinson
5. Cooper DeJean

I am certain we could trade back and still draft one of these five. Verse is not a stand up OLB imo. I like some of the later OTs. I love some of the later WRs. I don’t like some of the later CBs as much as these two but there are some great prospects in the next tiers. Darius Robinson is a special talent in terms of what he could produce in our scheme. That said, I am also very high on Ruke Orhorhoro for the same reason even if he is next tier. I really like the next tiers of Edge rushers so am not desperate to draft one in round 1

I am not sure where I stand on Murphy and Newton as I am not sure either makes an instant impact as a pro

Perhaps our best chance of trading down is with teams who will be jostling for a top OL prospect. If so, they are not in my top 5 because my preference - by a long way - is to trade down for more capital

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
1. Trade down to gain a second or third (better both) but even an early fourth would be awesome. There are some great prospects through 100

2. Don’t draft a player who has had a significant injury. e.g. Payton Wilson. There are other positions and no one player or position of need

3. Have a plan and vision for how you want the DL to look. We should address CB LB and RB OT maybe WR/TE but the DL will be key to defensive success this season. Not simply Edge. How about a supporting cast for Kobie?

4. If we stick, take the best player, so that could be a WR or OT. If we take, for example Brian Thomas JR [count me as excited!], how can we build an imposing DL from round 2 through 4? That plus take advantage of a deep CB group?

5. These things considered and based on who might be realistically available:

1. Quinton Mitchell
2. Brian Thomas JR
3. Chop Robinson
4. Darius Robinson
5. Cooper DeJean

I am certain we could trade back and still draft one of these five. Verse is not a stand up OLB imo. I like some of the later OTs. I love some of the later WRs. I don’t like some of the later CBs as much as these two but there are some great prospects in the next tiers. Darius Robinson is a special talent in terms of what he could produce in our scheme. That said, I am also very high on Ruke Orhorhoro for the same reason even if he is next tier. I really like the next tiers of Edge rushers so am not desperate to draft one in round 1

I am not sure where I stand on Murphy and Newton as I am not sure either makes an instant impact as a pro

Perhaps our best chance of trading down is with teams who will be jostling for a top OL prospect. If so, they are not in my top 5 because my preference - by a long way - is to trade down for more capital
Agree, I want 6 top 100 picks. And one in the 4th as well. A lot of value through 100 and not much of a drop off as what you will take in that 19 -25 range.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Agree, I want 6 top 100 picks. And one in the 4th as well. A lot of value through 100 and not much of a drop off as what you will take in that 19 -25 range.
To go from four in the top-100 to six; and adding a 4th Round pick seems like a difficult task.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Hard to see a scenario where Turner makes it past ATL at 8 or Chicago at 9 unless a flurry of trades come.
It's the draft. Hard to see a lot of scenarios. But there will be trades, we can be sure of that. The Rams may be part of one. In the end, sometimes the draft goes exactly like the experts think and sometimes it's not even close. I wouldn't expect Turner to get past Morris & Co.. but I also wouldn't expect 5 QBs going in the first 12. Under 2 weeks now and I bet the last 4 or 5 days drag for most of us. :biggrin:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Handled?!

By all accounts (I don't claim to have watched all the practices) he was a standout.

I think I only paid attention to a very small portion of reporting and obviously missed the greater stuff.

There were reports of him having problems in a one-on-one period after day one.

Nate Tice or Dane Brugler, I can't remember which, seem to be a little concerned he's "maxed out"..

I don't know.. I may just be flat-out wrong on him. Diante Lee and many others love him.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm of the opinion that he can improve athletically with a NFL training staff. Put that on top of his already fairly advance technique and I could see him being pretty dominant on our D. I honestly don't think he will be there for us to draft, it's just wishful thinking at this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the medicals are in fact cleared I don't know how you can pass on Latu. That said if they're cleared he probably goes before us at 19.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If the medicals are in fact cleared I don't know how you can pass on Latu. That said if they're cleared he probably goes before us at 19.
If he's cleared by the Falcons I could certainly see him gone at 8

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm of the opinion that he can improve athletically with a NFL training staff. Put that on top of his already fairly advance technique and I could see him being pretty dominant on our D. I honestly don't think he will be there for us to draft, it's just wishful thinking at this point.
Like a lot of the gifted rook pass rushers what teams will do is run at him. And he'll need to work on his run game, but he's got good size and in the early going while he's working on that the pressures he brings will carry him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
B. Bowers
J. Newton
Q. Mitchell
C. DeJean

And I find myself liking McConkey but not sure how I feel about another smallish WR.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Well his attitude is CRAP !! Mcvay will read through that & determine if he wants a BIG TURD
in the Locker room.
I’ve never met him. Do you have a named source on this or is it just anonymous crap that is always floating around at this time of year?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The bigger needs are edge and DT. But you never know what they will do. If its all about offense I can see them picking Bowers if he's available or the best available OT. Maybe even trade down a few spots and take Brian Thomas JR at WR. My first choice would be Murphy if he's there at 19. Latu if he's not. If both are gone Newton or Verse would be the next option for me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And I find myself liking McConkey but not sure how I feel about another smallish WR.
I have to think he would only be in play if they are more worried about Kupp than they are letting on. Because he's a slot at this level most likely.

Though like I mentioned a while back he is such a McVay type player that maybe they fall in love with him and just take him. Wouldn't be as efficient as them simply finding that X type, but would not surprise me. Of course nothing surprises me with the Rams now in the draft. :laugh3:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Guys I think could reasonably be there for us but in no order as of this moment:

Latu
Verse
Murphy
Dejean
Thomas

I assume Turner, Mitchell, and Arnold are gone.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's the first time I've heard that. How does Edgerrin Cooper have a bad attitude?
Go look at the east west shrine & other things. I’m not a FAN - we’ll see how he does as a PRO ??

Doesn’t do it for me,especially in the 1st rd !! All good though -

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure I read Cooper had great interviews with the Cowboys and Steelers and think there was another team but know it was with those 2 at least.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Pretty sure I read Cooper had great interviews with the Cowboys and Steelers
The problem with this time of year is that players’ agents will try their hardest to get the best possible contract for their clients.