Your 2024 draft crush(es)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Here’s another player that has garnered my interest:
OT Christian Jones (texas)

I would like the Rams to figure out a way to re-sign Dotson, but that would almost certainly mean the end of Noteboom, and losing a good swing Tackle. Both Havs and Jackson missed games last season so having a decent backup who can play both Tackle spots would be wise—Jones has experience on both sides.
I don't see us cutting Boom under after this year. I believe we don't save any money against the cap by cutting him this season, 15 million dead money when we can actually use him as a swing doesn't sound good to me.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm a sucker for any of the guys who perform well at the showcase games: Senior Bowl, Shrine, etc...

Theo Johnson (if he develops he could be like the best of the in line TE's or yore - I said yore!), Mitchell, Darius Robinson (like him in a trade down in the 1st), Dylan Laube and Roman Wilson, Frank Gore Jr.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... I said yore! ...

Not sure you should be proud of that.

I also really like Roman Wilson ... runs good patterns, separates and seems to have long speed ... that might be a terrific compliment to Kupp and Nacua. Think he may be there at #52 but not at #83.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see us cutting Boom under after this year. I believe we don't save any money against the cap by cutting him this season, 15 million dead money when we can actually use him as a swing doesn't sound good to me.
20 mill cap hit if he stays, they save 5 mill by cutting him prior to March 18.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Sure in a vacuum it’s saving $5M. But you still need to replace him with someone and that’s a cost. How much does a replacement cost who can be relied upon to come in upon an injury like Boom can? Not to mention he has LT / OG position flexibility.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I have no problem with keeping Noteboom for another season. Three good OTs has its place on a team who saw all three miss games.

That being said, should christian jones still be on the board after the Rams’ first 3 picks, I still think it would be a good pick. Looking ahead to ‘25, a decision will have to be made on Jackson ($$?), Havs will be one year closer to the finish line, and Noteboom will be the hot topic.

I started out as a LT/ Future QB in the first 2 rounds kinda guy, but I’m looking at this year’s draft a little differently now. I still want a Tackle, but it shouldn’t be a priority. There are other players who I would rather see the Rams pick early. Jones, however would be ideal as an insurance piece moving forward should he be available later.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure in a vacuum it’s saving $5M. But you still need to replace him with someone and that’s a cost. How much does a replacement cost who can be relied upon to come in upon an injury like Boom can? Not to mention he has LT / OG position flexibility.
With Boom's injury history, how are we even sure he'd be available when needed?
I am more concerned with the starting 5, and right now there is no C, and the LT (RFA) and RG are free agents.
Having a starting 5 with "continuity" that McVay was saying is more important than a backup

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes, I'm a fan of Sanders too, just think we are unlikely to take him. With Higs still under contract and Allen showing pretty well last year, I can't see them prioritizing a TE in the 2nd.
Higbee could be a cut candidate, we’re not bringing Hopkins back, Hunter Long is injury-prone and hasn’t shown anything, and the only other tight ends on the roster are practice squad fodder.

Davis Allen has potential, but I’m not willing to bet on him and him alone for an entire season.

We need another good or better tight end. Whether that’s a trade-up for Bowers, signing Noah Fant in free agency, or drafting Ja’Tavion Sanders in the second, that position and receiver are needs.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Higbee could be a cut candidate, we’re not bringing Hopkins back, Hunter Long is injury-prone and hasn’t shown anything, and the only other tight ends on the roster are practice squad fodder.

Davis Allen has potential, but I’m not willing to bet on him and him alone for an entire season.

We need another good or better tight end. Whether that’s a trade-up for Bowers, signing Noah Fant in free agency, or drafting Ja’Tavion Sanders in the second, that position and receiver are needs.
What would it look like to cut Higbee after just signing him to a deal? What's the dead money?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would it look like to cut Higbee after just signing him to a deal? What's the dead money?
Negligible this year like 300k. In 2025 it would save some cap. I just don't see them cutting a guy on IR, seems like something the union would sue over.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Negligible this year like 300k. In 2025 it would save some cap. I just don't see them cutting a guy on IR, seems like something the union would sue over.

Wouldn't be the first time an injured player was cut. I agree that the money is negligible, but I doubt Higbee plays much this year, so you still need to get a solid tight end.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't be the first time an injured player was cut. I agree that the money is negligible, but I doubt Higbee plays much this year, so you still need to get a solid tight end.
So if it doesn't gain us cap what does it gain us to cut him? The Rams kick a team captain to the curb? Doesn't sound like something McVay would do to a guy rehabbing. But that's just my 2 cents.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But also have a 15mil dead cap hit and (as others have said) need to sign someone to be a swing like him. I just don't see them doing it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But also have a 15mil dead cap hit and (as others have said) need to sign someone to be a swing like him. I just don't see them doing it.
Its 15 mill whether he's on the team or not, and an additional 5 mill if he's on the roster post 3/18
Instead of increasing his cap hit by 5 mill, they can allocate that to another player, like Alaric Jackson or Dotson
Cut the losses, adding another 5 mill to a guy already costing 15 mill is law of diminishing return
Heck, they could allocate some of the 5 mill towards re-signing Wentz

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'd LOVE Nabers on our squad. Take the top off speed and RAC that Stafford would love!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

McVay loved Long’s blocking ability. I’m interested to see if he’s retained.