Your 2024 draft crush(es)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
After reading Memento making the case for Cooper Beebe, I thought I would open a thread for everyone to state who they would love to see the Rams draft next April.

They could be household names or relatively unknown players; the only stipulation for this thread is that you can name a maximum of three.

Mine, in potential draft order, are as follows:

Dallas Turner Edge Alabama- okay, he’s probably long gone by the time we pick but if he somehow falls, I would try to trade up for him. He would be a bookend across from Young for years to come.

Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale- I hope he makes it to our third round pick. Because he’s from a smaller school, in football terms at least, he’s flying under the radar a bit, but he has all the tools to be a top level starter in the league.

Audric Estimé RB Notre Dame- would be a steal in the fourth round, and a quality complement to KW. He is not only a solid runner but also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pity I can't include more than three (is it okay to name honorable mentions? If so, I'll just go through names at the end) But anyway, here my draft crushes are, and why I want the Rams to take them.

Cooper Beebe, OG, Kansas State.

(Elite guard, would immediately make us forget all about Kevin Dotson. He's a dominant and physical - if not as athletic and lengthy as others - guard who moves people in the running game with a mean streak the size of Mother Russia. But his strength lies in pass-protection. He's a 6'4", 335-pound wall. You can't go through him with bull rushes, you can't go around him with speed. He's smart, would fit our new power-gap scheme perfectly along with Avila (Imagine a left side of A-Jax, Beebe, and Avila (Avila switching to center), for example, if you wanted to keep Dotson and Havenstein, or even if Dotson isn't retained, you have Warren McClendon as a potential guard, whom I really like. There's not a defensive line alive who wouldn't get eaten the fuck up by them, and we'd be able to push the 69ers and Seahags around like they were toddlers. And the best part about Beebe? He's hacked it at left tackle before against a solid Mizzou front last year - and K-State won that game on the strength of the run-blocking of the O-line, led by Beebe moving bodies, and it was not even remotely close. He won them that game, and he nearly won the game this year. I wanted him in the second-round last year, but he stayed in school. I would not be shocked to see him go first round by a team wanting to pop him before someone else can get to him; he's the best interior lineman in this class - yes, even over the three centers: Sedrick Van Pran Granger, who is the best center in this class, Graham Barton (who is a former center who moved to left tackle, and is being looked at as a potential first/second round center, Jackson Powers-Johnson (who won the Rimington for the best interior lineman) - and anyone else at guard. He will do for a team what Avila did for us, and that's why he's my number one draft crush.)

Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Mizzou.

(I have to rep my Mizzou guy, even if it's not Cody Schrader (I was torn, but decided to go with the better player). KAD isn't a big guy, which means he'll likely fall to the second or third round, but hot damn, if he's not exactly what you look for in an all-around corner. He's 5'11", 178-pounds, but plays like he's three inches taller and thirty-pounds heavier. He's physical, will look to punish any running back who comes near him, and he has a knack for game changing plays. He's had four picks this year (improving on his zero picks last year and three picks the year before), a total of thirty-three passes broken up in his career (that's PBUs alone, not even including the seven interceptions; adding those, forty passes defensed), and adding 2.5 tackles for a loss in his senior year, where he played a similar STAR role like what we used with Ramsey and tried to use with Durant - and actually succeeding. He's a former wide receiver whose plays on the ball in the air will remind you of Darious Williams; you can tell he's comfortable in coverage and that he can pick off anything. The fact that he will go into the slot, outside, match up with the best receiver, and even on the very rare occasions where he's beaten, he doesn't let it affect him; he has the shortest memory, I think, of any defensive back Mizzou's had in recent memory. He's not going to be more than a better D-Will playing Ramsey's spot, but he doesn't have to be in order to be a valuable cornerback for us. He will get you picks, game-changing plays, tight coverage, and yes, a willing and able tackler to boot who will fall to the second round because of his size, but be better than most of the corners taken before him.)

Brenden Rice, WR, University of Southern California.

(Yes, Jerry's son. I mean, yes, Marvin Harrison Jr., Malik Nabers, Rome Odunze, Emeka Egbuka, Johnny Wilson, Adonai Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, all of those top receivers are freakishly skilled, but Rice wins because he simply takes after his father, but in a bigger package, much like MHJr. He is a dominant route-runner. His hands are as dependable as they come. He's a smart player who makes himself open to a quarterback. He's 6'3", 215 lbs. And best of all? Deep threat. He's run 23 mph on measurements (which is basically a 4.3 flat) with a 1.43 ten-yard split (so he can cut on a dime), and has a vertical of 38 inches. So yeah, he outruns, outquicks, and outjumps the competition, and it's ridiculous to think that he won't get drafted in the first round because of statistics (Caleb Williams being his quarterback was not a good thing; Williams had a terrible year, and when he trusted Rice at the end, Rice made the most of it.), when everything - statistics and pedigree included, screams "first round pick". I've seen sites list him as a fourth-round pick, which I think is horseshit; he deserves just as much recognition as any of the top names, even though he won't go as high as them. I don't care who his father is; this is a receiver who will outperform his draft stock like Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua, while bringing two things to the table that they don't: blazing speed and being a redzone threat. He's not as physical as them, but he's a willing and able blocker, and with speed like that, you can't cover him. Game over. Imagine Stafford throwing to Kupp, Nacua, Rice, Davis Allen and K-Will, while having A-Jax, Beebe, Avila, McClendon/Dotson, and Havenstein. This offense scores so much, Ethan Evans gets to relax.)

Honorable mentions includes all of the guys in my mock, especially Cody Schrader.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't really dove into evaluations yet. Some guys who have caught my eye so far:
Jayden Daniels QB LSU - I'd kill for McVay to get a QB like Daniels. As a runner, he's not quite as good as peak Lamar Jackson, but he's not far off. And as a passer, he has a lot of similarities to Dak Prescott. Smart game manager.

Josh Karty K Stanford - We need a reliable kicker. Karty is reliable and has a big leg. 44-45 inside 50 over the past two years and hit a 61 yard FG in 2022 with room to spare (despite a high snap).

Ricky Pearsall WR Florida - Smart, reliable, and surehanded. Good speed, good route running skills, and great effort. Doesn't have a dominant attribute, but he should be a solid WR in the NFL.

Ladd McConkey WR Georgia - Feel like this dude is a McVay WR lol. Absolute pain in the ass after the catch, smart WR, has acceleration, quickness, and long speed, and plays hard at all times. Has had some injury issues, though.

Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Another George Kittle. Explosive athlete, great hands, lethal after the catch, and does not shy away from the physical aspects of the game (blocking, for example).

Emani Bailey HB TCU - Incredible acceleration/burst, very shifty, and extremely quick feet. Also has soft hands as a receiver. My one big gripe is I wish he was more patient at times.

Jared Verse EDGE FSU - Violent, physical, and powerful. Gets after the passer and sets a hard edge. Don't know if he'll be an elite pass rusher in the NFL, but he'll be a quality starter. Sort of guy who defends the run and rushes the passer well.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Three is very tough. :thinking:

1. Malik Nabers (LSU). I think this dude is the best wideout in this draft by a good margin. Gonna be a beast in the NFL if he ends up in a good system but we won't be able to get anywhere near him. Rare body control. I had to include one blue chipper on this list, could not help myself.

2. Tyler Nubin (Minnesota). This is the player we could use in the secondary and he won't be off the board too early due to the fact I doubt he blows up the combine workouts. High production, consistent effort, very smart, and he's got good size. Makes plays. Kind of guy who will come into the league and kick a whole lot of ass.

3. Jeremiah Trotter (Clemson). Another player who would plug in day one and make this defense a lot better. Stick him next to Jones and leave him on the field with his range and instincts. Instinctive and productive.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Emeka Egbuka: he had a down year this year but he just disclosed that he had right rope surgery (same as Kupp I think). His 2021 tape is a top 3-5 receiver easily and I think his floor is so safe. He's not gonna be your number 1 but he'd be a great zone manipulator for Mcvay.

2. Laitu Latu: if you can see a theme for me, I just love technicians. Latu has the best pass rush bag in this draft in my opinion. He's not dynamic at all. Reminds me of jaelen Phillips, who I also LOVED. Just gonna win his one on ones.

3. Quinton Mitchell : I just love long atherlic corners man lol. Need to watch more of him but I'm a sucker for his type.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wanted to squeeze another wideout in there but that position has so many options.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Johnny Newton DT Illinois
Maliki Nabors
Quinton Mitchell.

If the Rams can come away with at least one of them I’d be happy.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I haven't really dove into evaluations yet. Some guys who have caught my eye so far:
Jayden Daniels QB LSU - I'd kill for McVay to get a QB like Daniels. As a runner, he's not quite as good as peak Lamar Jackson, but he's not far off. And as a passer, he has a lot of similarities to Dak Prescott. Smart game manager.

Josh Karty K Stanford - We need a reliable kicker. Karty is reliable and has a big leg. 44-45 inside 50 over the past two years and hit a 61 yard FG in 2022 with room to spare (despite a high snap).

Ricky Pearsall WR Florida - Smart, reliable, and surehanded. Good speed, good route running skills, and great effort. Doesn't have a dominant attribute, but he should be a solid WR in the NFL.

Ladd McConkey WR Georgia - Feel like this dude is a McVay WR lol. Absolute pain in the ass after the catch, smart WR, has acceleration, quickness, and long speed, and plays hard at all times. Has had some injury issues, though.

Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Another George Kittle. Explosive athlete, great hands, lethal after the catch, and does not shy away from the physical aspects of the game (blocking, for example).

Emani Bailey HB TCU - Incredible acceleration/burst, very shifty, and extremely quick feet. Also has soft hands as a receiver. My one big gripe is I wish he was more patient at times.

Jared Verse EDGE FSU - Violent, physical, and powerful. Gets after the passer and sets a hard edge. Don't know if he'll be an elite pass rusher in the NFL, but he'll be a quality starter. Sort of guy who defends the run and rushes the passer well.
Cheater! Only supposed to list 3

I was hoping no one would mention Pearsall until I got my first Mock posted... oh well, cat out of the bag

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y'all are talking about Quinyon Mitchell, right? (From Toledo)

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
1) Chris Braswell - Edge - Alabama
6'3" - 250 lbs ; his teammate Dallas Turner gets most of the accolades, but Braswell may be more polished and ready to start in NFL. He already has the speed , bend , strong hands to go with his assortment of pass rush moves. In addition, he is outstanding in coverage ; can play zone or can run with TE's. He can also defend the Run well considering his weight. Would be an immediate upgrade over Hoecht and would be a good value in the 2nd round.

2) Cole Bishop - Safety - Utah
6'2" - 205 lbs ; Cole's skillset lends him to being scheme flexible. He is equally skilled at playing zone or man coverage. He is instinctive when facing the action in Zone and has good ball skills. He also can play in the box and cover TE's and RB's. With Fuller and Johnson being FA's and Lake taking on more of the Star position, this may be a position of need. And, I think Russ Yeast can be replaced ; not consistent enough and too small for my liking.

3) Dallin Holker - TE - Colorado St
6'5" - 240 lbs ; Dallin brings much athleticism to the position. His 4.62 speed is top line for a TE. He has an enourmous catch radius and able to haul in low throws on a consistent basis. He understands his role as a blocker and is always working to take on defenders upfield. If Hopkins is not resigned, Holker may provide an upgrade in the passing game over Hunter Long.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa
Not a school I usually focus on, but how can you not like this big CB who like some of the Rams that were drafted in 2023, plays for the love of the game. Can also return punts, but has great initial burst and can play in press man plus zone coverage with his smooth backpedal.

J.J. McCarthy - QB - Michigan
He will catapult even more after he engineers victories over Alabama and Texas to win Michigan a National Title (We will see if this ages well). Very smart, knows when to run to extend plays, but still is able to keep his eyes downfield. Jayden Daniels is more eye popping, however, McCarthy just wins.

Dragan Kesich - K - Minnesota
The Serbian Hammer 6-4 240lbs can kick in any weather plus another player that plays for the love of the game. 5-6 from 40-49 yards along with 3-4 from 50+ long of 54 this season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper DeJean CB Iowa. Like a lot of others have listed this kid is the real deal. Good size speed and can do it all at CB plus there's a very real chance he's there for the Rams pick in the 1st.

A couple later round picks that I'd love the first is a safety that I think we can all agree will be a need.

Malik Mustapha S Wake Forest. I think he can be both a center field type safety or a nickle DB type.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpFnou5y2g&ab_channel=ACCDigitalNetwork

Drake Nugent C Michigan. It's hard to get a clip right now focusing on a single OL unless they're a projected very high pick. Like Mustapha he's generally mocked in the 5th round area. One thing that everybody says about Nugent was something that was said about Avilla and it's a trait I think our new OL coach and McVay will love. He has a "nastiness" to his blocks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2YBuYrGxw&ab_channel=DoABarrowRoll

That's my 3 that I think we have a chance to draft. Obviously would love the top couple WR's or QB's but we look to be drafting in the mid to late 20's depending on our playoff run.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Newton DT Illinois
Maliki Nabors
Quinton Mitchell.

If the Rams can come away with at least one of them I’d be happy.
I absolutely LOVE Nabers. Unfortunately I think he's gonna rise once people really start looking at him. Marvin Harrison is in his own tier. And then Nabers who is in his own second tier.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately I think he's gonna rise once people really start looking at him.
He’s already a top ten pick in most of the mocks out there. I’ve seen him as high as second overall.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s already a top ten pick in most of the mocks out there. I’ve seen him as high as second overall.
Ahhh, I haven't been paying close attention to mocks yet with seeding and the draft process still needing to happen. Sounds like he's right where he should be then lol.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
2nd overall is ludicrous. Is that suggesting that Harrison Jr is 1st overall? Or that Nabers is going above him?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2nd overall is ludicrous. Is that suggesting that Harrison Jr is 1st overall? Or that Nabers is going above him?
Stranger things have happened. But yeah Nabers seems like a lock for top 10. And could in the end be every bit as good as Harrison JR.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
J.J. McCarthy - QB - Michigan
He will catapult even more after he engineers victories over Alabama and Texas to win Michigan a National Title (We will see if this ages well). Very smart, knows when to run to extend plays, but still is able to keep his eyes downfield. Jayden Daniels is more eye popping, however, McCarthy just wins.
Michigan lover.