Your 2024 draft crush(es)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm a sucker for any of the guys who perform well at the showcase games: Senior Bowl, Shrine, etc...

Theo Johnson (if he develops he could be like the best of the in line TE's or yore - I said yore!), Mitchell, Darius Robinson (like him in a trade down in the 1st), Dylan Laube and Roman Wilson, Frank Gore Jr.
Theo Johnson is a puzzle. He played in Canada in high school, so he entered college a bit raw. He’s an excellent athlete for his size and a very good run blocker. He seems to have good hands and should be a good TE. But the college production wasn’t great.

PSU has had a log jam at TE. Maybe that has a lot to do with it. Either way he seems like a bit of a roll of the dice type, in the draft. I wonder how early he gets drafted.

I imagine McVay and company Will like him. But to me Theo could end up being the next Higbee, or the Next Johnny Mundt.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Theo Johnson is a puzzle. He played in Canada in high school, so he entered college a bit raw. He’s an excellent athlete for his size and a very good run blocker. He seems to have good hands and should be a good TE. But the college production wasn’t great.

PSU has had a log jam at TE. Maybe that has a lot to do with it. Either way he seems like a bit of a roll of the dice type, in the draft. I wonder how early he gets drafted.

I imagine McVay and company Will like him. But to me Theo could end up being the next Higbee, or the Next Johnny Mundt.
Johnson is a really nice option at TE and could see McVay liking him as you say.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FruwcMKE2s4&ab_channel=hyperhighlights

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
McVay loved Long’s blocking ability. I’m interested to see if he’s retained.
Long can't get through gameday warm ups without tearing something. He's too delicate to do much for us, which is a bummer.

WestCoastRam

Legend

He showed well at Senior Bowl practices.

RamsinNV

UDFA

I like Booker quite a bit. I think he can add 10-15 lbs without losing his speed/quickness. Think he needs the extra bulk to hold up against the power run schemes in the NFL. I’ve been grabbing him with the late 3rd round pick a lot on the mock simulators.

He kinda reminds me of Robert Quinn. He can run himself out of the play sometimes like Quinn would do ; being to focused on the QB.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting that McShay said a "lot more love QB J.Daniels' love than in media". Don't most mocks have him at 3? How much more love can they give?

I think there are a lot of mocks having him go at 3 due to need but the consensus is that he’s maybe the 8-12th best prospect in the draft.

It sure sounds like there’s a trickle of people who think he’ll go above Maye.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I like Booker quite a bit. I think he can add 10-15 lbs without losing his speed/quickness. Think he needs the extra bulk to hold up against the power run schemes in the NFL. I’ve been grabbing him with the late 3rd round pick a lot on the mock simulators.

He kinda reminds me of Robert Quinn. He can run himself out of the play sometimes like Quinn would do ; being to focused on the QB.
His upside looks to be so high that the Rams should target him even if they signed a veteran EDGE, IMO.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I don’t think we are allowed to post articles that appear behind a paywall on here, but there was a really good piece on Quinyon Mitchell in The Athletic yesterday.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t think we are allowed to post articles that appear behind a paywall on here, but there was a really good piece on Quinyon Mitchell in The Athletic yesterday.
I found it difficult to follow him in the one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl practices.

Could not quite make Mitchell out, as he appeared to be inside the receiver’s jersey.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft crushes:
Cooper Dejean C-Fucking-B
Audric Estime RB
Spencer Rattler QB
Brevyn Spann Ford TE