Your 2024 draft crush(es)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’ve gotten off the Corum train. He had some incredible blocking in college. Is he even considered that good with a middle of the road Oline? I think I’d prefer a slight size/speed combination to mix it up with Kyren.
He'll probably go off the board round 5 or later as well due to this. So at that point I'd be fine with him being added and you stick him on the depth chart behind Kyren. Key with guys like that is just don't get caught up and take them too early.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
These guys because I think we can get all of them with our current draft picks.

Of course that would mean we'd have to get an Edge and CB in FA but that's doable too.

Cooper Beebe
OG Kansas St.

Zach Frazier
C West Virginia

Malachi Corley
WR Western Kentucky

Will Shipley
RB Clemson

Omar Speights
LB LSU

Jaden Hicks
S Washington State

Kitan Oladapo
S Oregon State

Joe Milton
QB Tennessee

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
These guys because I think we can get all of them with our current draft picks.

Of course that would mean we'd have to get an Edge and CB in FA but that's doable too.

Cooper Beebe
OG Kansas St.

Zach Frazier
C West Virginia

Malachi Corley
WR Western Kentucky

Will Shipley
RB Clemson

Omar Speights
LB LSU

Jaden Hicks
S Washington State

Kitan Oladapo
S Oregon State

Joe Milton
QB Tennessee
Corley, Shipley, and Speights need to be Rams. I also love Milton. Put Kalen King at the top of that list, and add FA Edge...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Cooper DeJean CB Iowa
Michael Pennix QB Washington. My favorite QB in this class.
Amarius Mimms OT Georgia

Hard to pick 3 :)

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Having a time coming up with a reason the Rams shouldn't just select him at #19.
He would be nice to have, but, if we can resign Shelton, we have a couple massive starter holes on D we need to address and FA isn't looking to hot on those positions either (unless some don't get tagged I guess)

Memphis Ram

Legend
He would be nice to have, but, if we can resign Shelton, we have a couple massive starter holes on D we need to address and FA isn't looking to hot on those positions either (unless some don't get tagged I guess)

But can they sign both Shelton and Dotson? Plus, Powers Johnson could be a significant upgrade over Shelton.

Maybe free agency can address some of those defensive holes.

I have a very slight lean towards grabbing the best defender board. And all bets are off if Brock Bowers slides to #19. But a Jackon, Avila, Powers-Johnson, Dotson, Havenstein OLine could be great if McVay doesn't go back to being too pass happy.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
But can they sign both Shelton and Dotson? Plus, Powers Johnson could be a significant upgrade over Shelton.

Maybe free agency can address some of those defensive holes.

I have a very slight lean towards grabbing the best defender board. And all bets are off if Brock Bowers slides to #19. But a Jackon, Avila, Powers-Johnson, Dotson, Havenstein OLine could be great if McVay doesn't go back to being too pass happy.
I mean, how much could Shelton expect for his contract? He's not getting anywhere near the amount Dotson is. I totally agree that JPJ would a be a huge upgrade, but, if we can resign Shelton, we have bigger fish to fry. Also, if we can sign a CB and an Edge in FA, then I'd be totally ok with JPJ here. He's a beast.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I mean, how much could Shelton expect for his contract? He's not getting anywhere near the amount Dotson is. I totally agree that JPJ would a be a huge upgrade, but, if we can resign Shelton, we have bigger fish to fry. Also, if we can sign a CB and an Edge in FA, then I'd be totally ok with JPJ here. He's a beast.
No idea of what he could expect. But we also don't know if another team is willing to pay him more than what the Rams are willing to pay him. Or if the team is looking for an upgrade at the position.

Not sure if it will help or hurt, but having former Rams coaches scattered around the league might become an issue on some of these guys.

If the team considers JPJ the BPA, I believe they should take him and not try to fill a need with a lesser rated player on their board.

Last edited:

methomas50

Rookie
Darious Robinson at U Missouri but would probably have to be Round 1. Scheme diverse could play any position but NT of 1T depending. Can get to the QB. Played in the best conference and very productive. Ideal LDE or strong side DE but also 3T.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Brock Bowers TE Georgia - Another George Kittle. Explosive athlete, great hands, lethal after the catch, and does not shy away from the physical aspects of the game (blocking, for example).
Yep.
I imagine Nacua and Bowers destroying DB’s for the next 10 years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having a time coming up with a reason the Rams shouldn't just select him at #19.
I'd say the strongest argument is that there will be quality IOLs available on Day 2, and Avila has C/OG versatility.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'd say the strongest argument is that there will be quality IOLs available on Day 2, and Avila has C/OG versatility.
IMO, with the possible exception of QB, there may be quality players at most positions on Day 2.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, with the possible exception of QB, there may be quality players at most positions on Day 2.
Due to positional value, there will be better IOLs available than players at more premium positions.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Due to positional value, there will be better IOLs available than players at more premium positions.
Lots of bodies, but many won't necessarily fit the blocking scheme as well.

I was listening to another Cowboys draft show and to a man they pointed out the HUGE difference an All-Pro center like Travis Frederick had on their OLine. Even moreso that any other lineman. One even pointed out how HE was what made everything work when they had the so-called best OLine in the NFL.

If the Rams think JPJ can be an All-Pro and don't have another player rated as highly, I think they should take him.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lots of bodies, but many won't necessarily fit the blocking scheme as well.

I was listening to another Cowboys draft show and to a man they pointed out the HUGE difference an All-Pro center like Travis Frederick had on their OLine. Even moreso that any other lineman. One even pointed out how HE was what made everything work when they had the so-called best OLine in the NFL.

If the Rams think JPJ can be an All-Pro and don't have another player rated as highly, I think they should take him.
Doesn't have to be a 1st round center. Philly generally is called the best OL right now and Kelce was one of the best centers and he was a 6th round pick. Take the top 10 it's about half first rounders and a couple of them are in some estimations the weakest link of the line. Yeah a 1st round center would be a nice upgrade but we can say the same thing about just about every position group. CB, Edge, TE, S maybe even WR. Like everything this time of year it all comes down to what McSnead think the best upgrade is and how they have their draft board. The next 4 guys after JPJ are all big upgrades and won't be first rounders a couple might be 2nd rounders though.