WR L. Treadwell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
I'd take Boyd over Treadwell, personally.

I go back and forth over which one I like best. Treadwell seems stronger, Boyd seems faster. A couple of others are also in the mix. Still very early in the process.

A side note. Probably my favorite receiver in the draft is Rashard Higgins of Colorado State. He still has a year of eligibility left but is draft eligible. Not having as good of a year as last year since he lost his QB but he's a fun guy to watch. Led the NCAA in receiving yardage and TDs last year with Grayson as his QB. If we don't take a WR in the first, I think he'd be an option in the 2nd.

FRO

Legend
That's a steep price considering we're not getting him on a rookie contract.
I want a guy who is ready to go from day one. I think this team is ready to win now and I would rather have an established younger receiver. If one isn't available then I take Boyd.

FRO

Legend
I go back and forth over which one I like best. Treadwell seems stronger, Boyd seems faster. A couple of others are also in the mix. Still very early in the process.

A side note. Probably my favorite receiver in the draft is Rashard Higgins of Colorado State. He still has a year of eligibility left but is draft eligible. Not having as good of a year as last year since he lost his QB but he's a fun guy to watch. Led the NCAA in receiving yardage and TDs last year with Grayson as his QB. If we don't take a WR in the first, I think he'd be an option in the 2nd.
Higgins would be a great second round WR. Really like him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd take Boyd over Treadwell, personally. Both are talented kids but I think Boyd's skill-set should transition quicker and there's a risk with Treadwell when it comes to separation at the next level. He's got the body, strength, and hands but he's not a burner nor an explosive cutter. Will have to rely on size and strength at the next level. And it's certainly possible that he'll win that way...but those type of guys typically take a little longer to get the pro game down.

Boyd, on the other hand, relies on his quickness, explosive cuts, and deceptive movements to create separation with his routes and can make acrobatic catches on 50-50 balls in single coverage. His skill-set will likely transition to quicker production.

I think some Rams fans would rather have Treadwell because they want that type of WR (big, physical guy) but for me, it doesn't matter. I just want a guy that will beat his man and produce. I don't care if he's Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSh6yeGjWs8

I'm with you. I rather have Boyd. Like his skill set much better. Only time Treadwell is over the top of a cb is when they mess up big time, besides that he is always running curls and comebacks, with some digs or outs thrown in to get his separation, then has out muscle the defender for any extra yardage. Boyd runs great routes, has the speed, tracks the ball really really well and good hands. Boyd is the clear winner of the two IMO.

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd take Boyd over Treadwell, personally. Both are talented kids but I think Boyd's skill-set should transition quicker and there's a risk with Treadwell when it comes to separation at the next level. He's got the body, strength, and hands but he's not a burner nor an explosive cutter. Will have to rely on size and strength at the next level. And it's certainly possible that he'll win that way...but those type of guys typically take a little longer to get the pro game down.

Boyd, on the other hand, relies on his quickness, explosive cuts, and deceptive movements to create separation with his routes and can make acrobatic catches on 50-50 balls in single coverage. His skill-set will likely transition to quicker production.

I think some Rams fans would rather have Treadwell because they want that type of WR (big, physical guy) but for me, it doesn't matter. I just want a guy that will beat his man and produce. I don't care if he's Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSh6yeGjWs8

A faster Keenan Allen you said right? I can see that. Loved Allen till that knee injury, but he proved me wrong in this recovery.

I could dig Boyd.

I just liked Treadwell because of his nastiness as a WR would go good in a run first O.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm gonna have to go with @jrry32 & @Tron .....Boyd on the surface...unless another prospect comes up...better measureables...but not as raw as Quick...
Best prospect to come outta Pitt since Fitz...I'll roll with that...Bet Foles would too...
The first player in ACC history to record 1,000-yard receiving seasons in both his freshman and sophomore years, Boyd has been spectacular on the field for Pitt, despite opposing defenses knowing he's the Panthers' only true receiving threat. Last season, Boyd finished with 78 catches for 1,261 yards and eight touchdowns, which was 57 catches and 1,060 receiving yards more than Pitt's second-leading receiver. He also shined on special teams as he led the ACC and ranked 10th nationally with a 27.6 yard kickoff return average, also finishing second in the conference in punt return average (10.1). Only one receiver in Pitt history has eclipsed 200+ career receptions (Devin Street), but Boyd should get there sometime in October, entering the 2015 season with 163 catches already on his r?sum?. He is also only 626 receiving yards shy of Antonio Bryant's school record (3,061 receiving yards).

www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2071582/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2544049-br-cfb-250-top-31-wide-receivers

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php

but now yall got me caught up....I not looking for wrs...I'm looking for TE's, inside linebackers and...wait for it.....QUARTER BACKS!!!!...LOL....do we really NEED another wr?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Okay....been doing some research.....gotta go so leave some comments....these two...2nd-4th rounders.....and can play teams...
Mike Williams, Clemson
hi-res-13d28813f97f23f4c0d65672380bb05a_crop_north.jpg

Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports

“He reminds me a bit of [former Clemson receiver] Martavis Bryant. He's a little more polished but still raw. If he's not the best deep threat in the country, he's close. He's a guy that really can run pretty much any route because he has the speed and size to do it.”

—Adam Kramer

With a big body (6'4", 220 lbs) that enables him to bang around in traffic, Mike Williams has the hands to ensure he comes down with the ball. His catch radius is such that the passes don't always have to be perfect for him to make the reception.

Williams isn't the kind of player who stretches the field, though he does run a good route and gets to his spot on time without being blanketed.

There's room for improvement in this area, but Williams isn't a liability in run blocking. He just needs to be able to hold his blocks slightly longer to help ensure a play can extend.

Williams handles press coverage very well, pushing back more than he's bumped. The added cushion he's able to provide himself helps make up for a lack of breakaway speed.

He's fast enough that he isn't going to get chased down from behind often, but Williams' speed is that of a stretch-the-field player. He's better laterally than vertically.

Williams gets some decent yardage after making the catch, but not to the level of some of the top players in the game. Because of his tendency to end up in jump-ball situations, he's often not in position to continue the play after making the catch.

Williams, a junior, continues Clemson's trend of having big, strong wide receivers who can catch anything. He worked very well with quarterback Deshaun Watson last season, and the duo could end up being the best in the country.

D'haquille Williams, Auburn
hi-res-bb9e7d70602da41d2009026fbb5d7133_crop_north.jpg

Brynn Anderson/Associated Press

“He's got huge shoulders, and his wingspan is enormous. It's kind of hard to defend that. He isn't the fastest guy in the world, but they're not asking him to be a burner and go deep a lot.”

—Barrett Sallee

The run-first offense that Auburn implemented in D'haquille Williams' first season out of junior college last year didn't allow him to show his full repertoire, but we did get to see how strong he was at hauling in tough catches. On the other end of the spectrum, though, he had some notable drops that were the result of not pulling the ball in carefully.

The senior might be the best slant runner in the game, which is how Auburn used him best in 2014. He needs to be able to handle other assignments just as well to live up to high praise from those such as ESPN's Mel Kiper, who listed him as his top receiver for the 2016 NFL draft (h/t James Crepea of the Montgomery Advertiser).

This is an area in which Williams excelled last season, quickly picking up the assignments that came with Auburn's run attack. Though the Tigers will throw more this year, he must still keep up with being an effective blocker to maintain his high value.

Because of his strength and athleticism, the 6'2", 224-pound Williams has little trouble getting away from his defender. He has a variety of moves that keep him from getting stuffed at the line or from being unable to create separation.

Williams isn't likely to be the fastest player on the field on most plays, but he doesn't have to be. He's swift enough to break away when needed or to be able to get the inside step on his patented slant move.

The majority of Williams' post-catch yards come from his ability to stay on his feet even as the first tackle comes in. He averaged 16.2 yards per reception, but only eight catches went for more than 25.

The talent and ability is unquestionable with Williams, which is why he's held in such high regard from NFL scouts and draft experts. But what could keep him from reaching his potential are character problems. He was banned from Auburn's bowl game in 2014 and also missed the start of this year's training camp because of what coach Gus Malzahn characterized as a “discipline issue,” via Brandon Marcello of AL.com.

what, WHAT?!? Auburn Tiger with issues...cool...let the Snisher deal with that....write up from BR
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2544049-br-cfb-250-top-31-wide-receivers/page/12

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay....been doing some research.....gotta go so leave some comments....these two...2nd-4th rounders.....and can play teams...
Mike Williams, Clemson
hi-res-13d28813f97f23f4c0d65672380bb05a_crop_north.jpg

Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports

“He reminds me a bit of [former Clemson receiver] Martavis Bryant. He's a little more polished but still raw. If he's not the best deep threat in the country, he's close. He's a guy that really can run pretty much any route because he has the speed and size to do it.”

—Adam Kramer

With a big body (6'4", 220 lbs) that enables him to bang around in traffic, Mike Williams has the hands to ensure he comes down with the ball. His catch radius is such that the passes don't always have to be perfect for him to make the reception.

Williams isn't the kind of player who stretches the field, though he does run a good route and gets to his spot on time without being blanketed.

There's room for improvement in this area, but Williams isn't a liability in run blocking. He just needs to be able to hold his blocks slightly longer to help ensure a play can extend.

Williams handles press coverage very well, pushing back more than he's bumped. The added cushion he's able to provide himself helps make up for a lack of breakaway speed.

He's fast enough that he isn't going to get chased down from behind often, but Williams' speed is that of a stretch-the-field player. He's better laterally than vertically.

Williams gets some decent yardage after making the catch, but not to the level of some of the top players in the game. Because of his tendency to end up in jump-ball situations, he's often not in position to continue the play after making the catch.

Williams, a junior, continues Clemson's trend of having big, strong wide receivers who can catch anything. He worked very well with quarterback Deshaun Watson last season, and the duo could end up being the best in the country.

D'haquille Williams, Auburn
hi-res-bb9e7d70602da41d2009026fbb5d7133_crop_north.jpg

Brynn Anderson/Associated Press

“He's got huge shoulders, and his wingspan is enormous. It's kind of hard to defend that. He isn't the fastest guy in the world, but they're not asking him to be a burner and go deep a lot.”

—Barrett Sallee

The run-first offense that Auburn implemented in D'haquille Williams' first season out of junior college last year didn't allow him to show his full repertoire, but we did get to see how strong he was at hauling in tough catches. On the other end of the spectrum, though, he had some notable drops that were the result of not pulling the ball in carefully.

The senior might be the best slant runner in the game, which is how Auburn used him best in 2014. He needs to be able to handle other assignments just as well to live up to high praise from those such as ESPN's Mel Kiper, who listed him as his top receiver for the 2016 NFL draft (h/t James Crepea of the Montgomery Advertiser).

This is an area in which Williams excelled last season, quickly picking up the assignments that came with Auburn's run attack. Though the Tigers will throw more this year, he must still keep up with being an effective blocker to maintain his high value.

Because of his strength and athleticism, the 6'2", 224-pound Williams has little trouble getting away from his defender. He has a variety of moves that keep him from getting stuffed at the line or from being unable to create separation.

Williams isn't likely to be the fastest player on the field on most plays, but he doesn't have to be. He's swift enough to break away when needed or to be able to get the inside step on his patented slant move.

The majority of Williams' post-catch yards come from his ability to stay on his feet even as the first tackle comes in. He averaged 16.2 yards per reception, but only eight catches went for more than 25.

The talent and ability is unquestionable with Williams, which is why he's held in such high regard from NFL scouts and draft experts. But what could keep him from reaching his potential are character problems. He was banned from Auburn's bowl game in 2014 and also missed the start of this year's training camp because of what coach Gus Malzahn characterized as a “discipline issue,” via Brandon Marcello of AL.com.

what, WHAT?!? Auburn Tiger with issues...cool...let the Snisher deal with that....write up from BR
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2544049-br-cfb-250-top-31-wide-receivers/page/12

Mike Williams is out for the year after fracturing his neck.

Duke Williams was booted off the Auburn team after getting himself in a lot of trouble this year. The straw that broke the camel's back was a recent bar fight where he punched four different people (IIRC).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW, I'll say it again...Pharoh Cooper is going to make a NFL team VERY happy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll tell you...on top of Boyd and Treadwell, Will Fuller and Corey Coleman are really impressing and emerging as potential 1st round picks. We might have written this class off too soon.

Stel

Starter
I'll tell you...on top of Boyd and Treadwell, Will Fuller and Corey Coleman are really impressing and emerging as potential 1st round picks. We might have written this class off too soon.

Michael Thompson of Ohio State and Josh Doctson of TCU are in the conversation, too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Michael Thompson of Ohio State and Josh Doctson of TCU are in the conversation, too.

I have heard Thomas getting first round hype. Not sure I see Doctson going 1st round. Think he falls in the 2nd round conversation with guys like Higgins, Cooper, etc.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Austin Hooper from Stanford might be my favorite TE that is draft eligible. Looks great blocking inline, comes down with catches in traffic, and can split out wide and make plays. He's not an elite athlete but he's a good athlete who seems to have very good hands, toughness, and the ability to be an excellent blocker.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Both guys are talented, but on the smaller side. I'd prefer a larger receiver if possible, guys who can get up there and make those tough catches.

I agree though, this looks like a pretty deep class if most of them come out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both guys are talented, but on the smaller side. I'd prefer a larger receiver if possible, guys who can get up there and make those tough catches.

I agree though, this looks like a pretty deep class if most of them come out.

I don't care if he's large or small. Get a guy that will produce. Would you turn down Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham Jr. on this team?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't care if he's large or small. Get a guy that will produce. Would you turn down Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham Jr. on this team?

No, of course not. But assuming there's a 6'3" guy and a 5'10" guy both available around the same skill level, I'm going for that 6'3" guy.

I wouldn't turn down Fuller or Coleman, and if I find they're better than any other receiver in the draft or better than any other receiver available for us, I'm all for taking them. I just have a preference in what I want assuming there's the option.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, of course not. But assuming there's a 6'3" guy and a 5'10" guy both available around the same skill level, I'm going for that 6'3" guy.

I wouldn't turn down Fuller or Coleman, and if I find they're better than any other receiver in the draft or better than any other receiver available for us, I'm all for taking them. I just have a preference in what I want assuming there's the option.

If the 6'3" and 5'10" guys were equal in all other regards, it makes perfect sense to take the 6'3" guy. But if they're rated equally, the 5'10" guy is going to offer things that the 6'3" guy doesn't offer and vice versa.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If the 6'3" and 5'10" guys were equal in all other regards, it makes perfect sense to take the 6'3" guy. But if they're rated equally, the 5'10" guy is going to offer things that the 6'3" guy doesn't offer and vice versa.
Of course, I just think with Tavon and Bailey, we have enough of that smaller game if we get them more touches. They can play that shifty great route running explosive role that you'd likely get from a guy like Coleman and Fuller. Britt and Quick aren't very consistent or have concerns, like the shoulder and FA, so I'm not nearly as confident in them as far as the physical WR aspect goes, and I think we'd be better served getting someone to fill that role.

Of course, if there's a tremendous talent available, it doesn't matter what he does if he produces, you're right.