WR L. Treadwell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
yes or no?

Let's face it, our WR threat is beyond mediocre. Still no reliable guy who can get open week to week when it isn't a play fake.

Treadwell has strong hands and is like a bigger version of Boldin. Not sure I like any other WRs so far.

Stel

Starter
Yes. My very, very, very early mock has Treadwell as our first round pick (and Boyd of Pitt as the back up pick). I'd take either.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's the scoop on Boyd? Read the go to Fitz comparisons a week ago.

Stel

Starter
Watched the Pitt game yesterday to see him again. Kid is a player. Hard worker. Only knock is straight line speed. Returns kick offs and punts, too.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Boyd works for me. Treadwell works for me. I'd very much like a top threat at WR, somebody who can be a #1 WR. We don't have that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
yes to either. I don't see Boyd as a dominant number 1 type like Calvin but damn he would be a great addition.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yes to either. I don't see Boyd as a dominant number 1 type like Calvin but damn he would be a great addition.

Boyd reminds me of Keenan Allen although I think Boyd has a bit more straight-line speed. As for Treadwell, I think he's very similar to Hakeem Nicks. I'm talking Nicks before he got injured and lost all his explosion. Back when he was a 1000+ yard guy for NYG.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My guy is still Ricky Seals-Jones if I had to choose a wideout. He's like Mike Evans, except faster.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
It doesn't seem to be a very strong WR class for 2016 unfortunately. The Rams desperately need a true #1 receiver, as they have for years now, and I really don't know where they will get that guy. The last two years had very strong WR classes and we don't take advantage of that and now we are stuck.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guy is still Ricky Seals-Jones if I had to choose a wideout. He's like Mike Evans, except faster.

I don't see that at all. Not even one of the top 5 WRs in college in Texas right now, imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some people really like Corey Coleman from Baylor as well...but he's a smaller guy. Josh Doctson is having a very productive year but he's a thin framed WR and older.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Some people really like Corey Coleman from Baylor as well...but he's a smaller guy. Josh Doctson is having a very productive year but he's a thin framed WR and older.
What's your opinion on Michael Thomas?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't see that at all. Not even one of the top 5 WRs in college in Texas right now, imo.

Huh. I wonder what happened to him. He did so well as a red-shirt freshman.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Give me Will Fuller and I'll be happy, speed to burn but he's not just fast, he's tough, not afraid of contact and has great hands.

FRO

Legend
I would trade a first rounder for Alshon Jeffery. If the Bears don't accept then I like Boyd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would trade a first rounder for Alshon Jeffery. If the Bears don't accept then I like Boyd.

That's a steep price considering we're not getting him on a rookie contract.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. My very, very, very early mock has Treadwell as our first round pick (and Boyd of Pitt as the back up pick). I'd take either.

I'd take Boyd over Treadwell, personally. Both are talented kids but I think Boyd's skill-set should transition quicker and there's a risk with Treadwell when it comes to separation at the next level. He's got the body, strength, and hands but he's not a burner nor an explosive cutter. Will have to rely on size and strength at the next level. And it's certainly possible that he'll win that way...but those type of guys typically take a little longer to get the pro game down.

Boyd, on the other hand, relies on his quickness, explosive cuts, and deceptive movements to create separation with his routes and can make acrobatic catches on 50-50 balls in single coverage. His skill-set will likely transition to quicker production.

I think some Rams fans would rather have Treadwell because they want that type of WR (big, physical guy) but for me, it doesn't matter. I just want a guy that will beat his man and produce. I don't care if he's Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSh6yeGjWs8