WR L. Treadwell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams need a very reliable third down target right now. They need a possession receiver more than anything IMO. Just a guy that can get open for a first and reliably catch the ball. They have the deep and intermediate covered pretty well with Tavon and Quick. However, Quick is an unknown right now. Can he reach his full potential? I never liked the Brian Quick pick. Too much time invested to develop a 2nd rounder IMO. Most of you know how I feel.

With Bailey's hands he could possibly become that chain moving receiver like Amendola, and like Cook was supposed to be. I don't know if he hasn't been given a chance to do it or if he was given a chance and failed.

If that guy is not on the roster then they need one on it. Treadwell may fit that bill the best.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ohio State receivers are tough to judge since that teams runs so much........and they are going to run even more now that they put JT Barret back in at QB to run the read option.
If I was a top receiver going to Ohio State would not appeal to me at all.

Corey Fuller looks very thin.

Watching that video of Boyd highlights his jump ball but he looks like corners are staying with him in nearly everyone of those clips.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If you're looking at big bodied wide receivers, why not De'Runnya Wilson out of Mississippi State? He's put up good numbers in a run-first system, he's a former basketball player, he's 6'4", 225 lbs., and since Dak Prescott is such a shitty quarterback, he might even be better than what his numbers are.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ohio State receivers are tough to judge since that teams runs so much........and they are going to run even more now that they put JT Barret back in at QB to run the read option.
If I was a top receiver going to Ohio State would not appeal to me at all.

Corey Fuller looks very thin.

Watching that video of Boyd highlights his jump ball but he looks like corners are staying with him in nearly everyone of those clips.

He gets open pretty consistently on short and intermediate routes. Corners stick with him on deeper routes. He's not a speed guy. But he's very shifty and quick. Runs crisp routes. Has great body control.

Like I said, faster Keenan Allen.
http://gfycat.com/UnsungSlushyIberianbarbel
http://gfycat.com/FrigidSilentGalapagosdove

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Treadwell showing more speed today than he has in the past.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Also, he is still getting over a very serious leg injury. I'd think it would take some time to let it all out and trust it.

My thoughts as well. His leg got shattered basically, was very ugly. Any serious injury takes time. He also showed a lot of toughness in this game. Still prefer Boyd, but treadwell is like a slightly lesser Andre Johnson, which is not a bad thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, he is still getting over a very serious leg injury. I'd think it would take some time to let it all out and trust it.

Eh, I'm also talking about prior to his injury.

spamlord

Rookie
Top WR in the draft or top QB in the draft? It's a good question...

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13907968

BOYD - He looked like a #1 vs Syracuse yesterday-best player on the field by far. His route running is excellent--always finds a way to get open. As of right now, he's definitely a 1st round option to me. That pass was an eye-opener too-heck of an athlete.

TREADWELL - I agree with others-looking more confident-especially yesterday vs TEXAS A&M. Fast for a big guy. STRINGFELLOW is someone to watch.

DeRUNYA WILSON; He was a monster to cover last year-especially fade routes. Size and athleticism--but not very experienced at catching the ball--I see some dropsies problems. Nevertheless, could improve to be a 1st rounder before the season's out.

CAROO, MALCOLM MITCHELL, DOCTSON, NELSON SPUCE, PHAROH COOPER, MIKE WILLIAMS & DEMARCUS ROBINSON in my next tier (I haven't seen Higgins, Thomas yet.) Anyone watched ALONZO RUSSELL (Toledo) or CAMERON POSEY (Purdue) yet?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
BOYD - He looked like a #1 vs Syracuse yesterday-best player on the field by far. His route running is excellent--always finds a way to get open. As of right now, he's definitely a 1st round option to me. That pass was an eye-opener too-heck of an athlete.

TREADWELL - I agree with others-looking more confident-especially yesterday vs TEXAS A&M. Fast for a big guy. STRINGFELLOW is someone to watch.

DeRUNYA WILSON; He was a monster to cover last year-especially fade routes. Size and athleticism--but not very experienced at catching the ball--I see some dropsies problems. Nevertheless, could improve to be a 1st rounder before the season's out.

CAROO, MALCOLM MITCHELL, DOCTSON, NELSON SPUCE, PHAROH COOPER, MIKE WILLIAMS & DEMARCUS ROBINSON in my next tier (I haven't seen Higgins, Thomas yet.) Anyone watched ALONZO RUSSELL (Toledo) or CAMERON POSEY (Purdue) yet?

Off my board. Caroo is talented, but is a real piece of shit off the field.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm starting to really warm up to Pitt players...

We struck gold with Donald. I'm okay with going back to the Pitt well for Boyd.

And that Stanford TE has looked like money. He destroyed my UCLA Bruins...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm starting to really warm up to Pitt players...

We struck gold with Donald. I'm okay with going back to the Pitt well for Boyd.

And that Stanford TE has looked like money. He destroyed my UCLA Bruins...

Oh yea, I really like Austin Hooper.

Stel

Starter
Oh yea, I really like Austin Hooper.

Unfortunately, Hooper is a junior (and has at least 1, maybe 2 more years of eligibility left). Unless he has a pressing financial reason to declare, I suspect he stays in school at least one more year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately, Hooper is a junior (and has at least 1, maybe 2 more years of eligibility left). Unless he has a pressing financial reason to declare, I suspect he stays in school at least one more year.

Yep, I said the same thing. Those Stanford guys often stay.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I keep hearing straight line speed and all. I definitely want us to go after a true #1 receiver that can really be a match up problem. But when I watch Calvin Johnson and his huge body and speed, the one thing I rarely see him use is his speed. He uses that big body better than almost anyone I've seen play. I realize that probably doesn't happen without good speed as well. I just don't see it as being as important as body control and knowing how to put yourself in position where you are the one that has the best shot at the ball on a consistent basis. QBs need a receiver that they can just toss it in their vicinity and the receiver will come down with the ball. Rarely is a QB so accurate he can consistently hit a receiver in stride. He needs that guy that wins.

I haven't been watching the college WRs all that closely. Are there any that show great hands and excellent positioning? If so, go get me that guy.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are there any that show great hands and excellent positioning? If so, go get me that guy.

Boyd's got the body control. Honestly need to see more of Treadwell. Haven't followed WRs as closely as I usually do this year.