Would you guys draft Orlando Brown at #23?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
For all of those people who are wondering about Orlando Brown right now, here's Lance Zierlein's scouting report:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/orlando-brown?id=2559896

Zierlein is one of the few in the Draft media whom I really respect, and his opinions on OLs are always worth the read. His father is Larry Zierlein:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Zierlein

He's coached OLs in college and pro football since 1978, so it's no surprise that Lance knows OLs well.
when given his chance, starting all 13 games at left tackle, earning Freshman All-American and honorable mention All-Big 12 accolades. He used his elite length, massive frame, and improving agility to start every game in his sophomore campaign, second-team Associated Press All-American and Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year honors. Brown was again among the best tackles in the country in 2017, receiving Outland Trophy finalist, first-team AP All-American, and All-Big 12 notice for protecting Baker Mayfield's blind side.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
nope....don't think so...

A 6'8", 350 lbs. left tackle with good tape? Yeah, he's getting drafted. It's just not going to be in the first round, and I hope it's not at #23 overall.

I'd take him in the fourth round, though.

Debacled

Starter
He projects as a RT as best and don't think he is really a fit for the team. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd or 4th round even if they were in the market for a RT.

nighttrain

Legend
He projects as a RT as best and don't think he is really a fit for the team. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd or 4th round even if they were in the market for a RT.
we are in the market for a backup for both left and right tackles
train

Debacled

Starter
we are in the market for a backup for both left and right tackles
train
I would argue with that 4th round pick being their 3rd there are bigger issues than a backup tackle to address. If Brown is backing up LT were are in big trouble for what its worth as well if Whitworth goes down.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Plays too well.

A 6'8", 350 lbs. left tackle with good tape? Yeah, he's getting drafted.
Good tape? Plays too well? I would like to know what exactly Brown does so well, and in which games? In every clip I've watch, I see a guy that can barely move...

he'll probably never play in the nfl due to that performance....which's kinda a shame, cause his daddy could really play....sad story about him too...hit in the eye by a flag thrown by an official....later.....early death...

fearsomefour

Legend
Good tape? Plays too well? I would like to know what exactly Brown does so well, and in which games? In every clip I've watch, I see a guy that can barely move...

he'll probably never play in the nfl due to that performance....which's kinda a shame, cause his daddy could really play....sad story about him too...hit in the eye by a flag thrown by an official....later.....early death...
Power power and more power.
May not be quick enough for NFL pass pro.
I admit he looks slow and stiff. That was my main concern with (and limits) Havenstein.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Disagree.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would have to agree with most on here. 1st round? Nope. But I also know I haven’t and won’t watch enough film on him to give a good assessment. I just dont get a good feeling.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd take a chance on Brown with a mid or later 2'nd round pick, but the Rams have more important positions to deal with in 2018, and not enough high draft picks to bargain with.

There are so few ready to start quality LT's available, i'd guess that Brown will get a good opportunity at LT, but I see him ultimately securing a more permanent role at RT. He's no Andrew Whitworth. jmo.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Jason Smith and Vernon Gholston were combine gods.

tenor.gif

Had to bring up Jason Smith... ugh.

<Insert vomit emogi.>

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless

You obviously haven' watch any tape on him.....at all

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
I'm pretty sure Brown didn't forget how to pkwy football. and for sure he's no track and field candidate:rimshot:
train
Browns combine wasn' good at all but his tape tells you everything you need to know about his on the field performance. I wouldn' pick him in the first round but a trade up in the 2nd round could be argued.
Anything beyond that and you got a steal.

BeefJurky

Rookie
Jesus fuck no. A big lazy but talented tackle oh gee where have I heard that before. People are saying he'll slide to day 2 or even 3 after that abysmal combine. Plus, OT isn't a screaming need anyways. We need OLB and DL bodies, and even CB and interior OL before OT.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Power power and more power.
didn't see power.....saw a guy just trying to stay in the way....
You obviously haven' watch any tape on him.....at all
Games....not tape...they put OU on every week out here...and I caught him a couple times....and the first thing I said about the kid was....he can't move.
Either that, or he's watching tape of a different player.
Same guy....

I was actually thinking...wow, son of Zeus...he's gonna look like.......

and he looked like

shit

Dude can't play....and won't get drafted....if I had more ROD $$$$, I'd bet with you 3.