Would Stafford consider Retirement?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Apparently Stafford was seen talking with Kroenke and Pastoors.

Whispers are that Stafford is contemplating retirement with his second concussion in three weeks.

Terrible news if true, but understandable.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Absolutely insane blow for the future of the franchise of true.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I coulda told you weeks ago that he should sit the season out. Damn our O-line and lack of investment there might cost us our window…smh

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not out of the realm of possibility... but where are you getting this from?
Saw on Twitter he was talking with them.

Also, his wife was loudly calling for his retirement after his first concussion

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Apparently Stafford was seen talking with Kroenke and Pastoors.

Whispers are that Stafford is contemplating retirement with his second concussion in three weeks.

Terrible news if true, but understandable.
I hate to be rude, but this is kind of a bullshit post.

We're all concerned and think it's a possibility...
But saying "whispers"? If you have some kind of a source.. breathe some context.
But.. you're clearly implying that Stafford was talking to them about his *future* at *that moment.*
Seems far fetched.
If this is just made up.. why?

Ellard80

Legend

I listened to her podcast

where on twitter?

This is a serious thing to post without sharing sources.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

She mentioned on her podcast earlier this season that she wants him to retire and brings it up all the time, and when the Tua thing happened, she said she would straight up leave Matthew if he had a brain injury and pushed to continue playing.

I legit think he's done. Definitely for this season but possibly career.

Ellard80

Legend
She mentioned on her podcast earlier this season that she wants him to retire and brings it up all the time, and when the Tua thing happened, she said she would straight up leave Matthew if he had a brain injury and pushed to continue playing.

I legit think he's done. Definitely for this season but possibly career.
Using her podcast last week to support the premise of this thread though is basically just speculation.

She also said in that podcast that she knew he wasn't ready to quit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should have sat him for the rest of the season instead of getting him slaughtered behind this terrible wreck of an oline.
Regardless of whether the retirement rumors are true your statement certainly is. Stop fucking playing him behind this sieve of an OL. Play Perkins and run a ton of option.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Stafford *did* retire after the season?
It's a "blow it all up" situation where you see what you can get for anybody and everybody.

swmizzou83

Starter
If it did happen I imagine unless somehow we could land a top tier QB then Donald will probably retire and it might be a rough couple seasons. Hopefully McVay is willing to be patient and doesn't decide to bail too

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Using her podcast last week to support the premise of this thread though is basically just speculation.

She also said in that podcast that she knew he wasn't ready to quit.
I did say whispers.

also, between his wife saying loudly she wants him to retire and Stafford talking with both Kroenke and Pastoors… it may be a coincidence, but in light of the state of the Rams currently, it’s reasonable to at least speculate.

it’s actually a reasonable conclusion, although as fans we’d like it not to be true

Ellard80

Legend
I did say whispers.

also, between his wife saying loudly she wants him to retire and Stafford talking with both Kroenke and Pastoors… it may be a coincidence, but in light of the state of the Rams currently, it’s reasonable to at least speculate.

it’s actually a reasonable conclusion, although as fans we’d like it not to be true
do you have a link to this "whisper" on twitter?