Who do you want in the 2nd Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well, Matthews is one of the most prolific WRs in SEC history, is 6'3" with 4.4 speed, and is a fluid mover. So I guess I see #1 type potential. I think he has Jordy Nelson like ability.
We'll see... I trust Snisher so far... we'll see...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
At the top of round2

Stanley Jean Baptiste
Carlos Hyde
Jimmy Garapolo

Towards the back of Round2
Weston Richberg
Pierre Desir
AJ McCarron.
Allen Robinson

I list options because I could see the Rams trading picks and moving up or back for their guy. I could see them moving up for a guy like SJB. Then trading back into round2 for McCarron or Desir for example. Moving up worked great last year and they considered it in round1 so they, and I like, grabbing players that they rated much higher than where they are available. Stacy was better likely better than the guys they would have taken in rounds 6 & 7.

Trade up!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
Lamarcus Joyner, DB Florida State
Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG UCLA
Terrence Brooks, S Florida State
Marqise Lee, WR USC
David Yankey, OG Stanford

In that order.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Highest rated DB on the board, then trade up for one of the big backs and call it a day.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't like that Seattle now sits in front of us at #40 as a result of the Minnesota trade. They may be targeting the best WR on the board there. At least they won't likely be drafting a DB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't like that Seattle now sits in front of us at #40 as a result of the Minnesota trade. They may be targeting the best WR on the board there. At least they won't likely be drafting a DB.

As long as they don't take LaMarcus, they can have the WR...preferably Marqise Lee. :LOL:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
My top 3 would be:
1. Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - I think he has the #1 ability (as long as he keeps hold of the ball)
2. LaMarcus Joyner FS FSU
3. Marqise Lee, WR USC

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As long as they don't take LaMarcus, they can have the WR...preferably Marqise Lee. :LOL:
Thats what i was just thinking. Su'a-Filo will go soon IMO. Washington will look hard at OLine. Atlanta will probably look at pass rush. Maybe we get a run on OLine to help Joyner slide.

I know you love Matthews, but where do you put Allen Robinson on our board?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats what i was just thinking. Su'a-Filo will go soon IMO. Washington will look hard at OLine. Atlanta will probably look at pass rush. Maybe we get a run on OLine to help Joyner slide.

I know you love Matthews, but where do you put Allen Robinson on our board?

Much further down. I have nothing against the kid but I just don't really love him. Didn't see him as special. And I like to draft guys that I feel strongly about.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hopefully, Joyner and Su'a-Filo aren't gone; I'd gladly take either one of them (or maybe both) in the second round.

I know that we're going to put Robinson at left guard for now, but Su'a-Filo would be the guy to fill in for the future. Aside from that, what happens if Long/Saffold/Wells go down? Robinson would shift to left tackle, and Jones/Barnes would fill in at center...but you'd still need another guard.

Joyner would be my free safety now that Bucannon (FUCK YOU, ARIZONA! ...Sorry, had to get that out, lawl.) is off the board. And to be frank...I wouldn't mind that in the least. You'd have a durable guy who can generate splash plays and be a nice compliment to McDonald.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully, Joyner and Su'a-Filo aren't gone; I'd gladly take either one of them (or maybe both) in the second round.

I know that we're going to put Robinson at left guard for now, but Su'a-Filo would be the guy to fill in for the future. Aside from that, what happens if Long/Saffold/Wells go down? Robinson would shift to left tackle, and Jones/Barnes would fill in at center...but you'd still need another guard.

Joyner would be my free safety now that Bucannon (freak YOU, ARIZONA! ...Sorry, had to get that out, lawl.) is off the board. And to be frank...I wouldn't mind that in the least. You'd have a durable guy who can generate splash plays and be a nice compliment to McDonald.

Plus, lets be honest, who doesn't want to see this happen to Marshawn Lynch?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Plus, lets be honest, who doesn't want to see this happen to Marshawn Lynch?

Oh, I'd love to see that happen to Lynch. I never liked the guy, especially after that hit-and-run he was involved with in Buffalo.

Joyner's my preference for a safety. If we can somehow snag him and Su'a-Filo...I don't think any words would be enough to describe how absolutely jacked I'd be. Either way, we've got some more picks to play with. It's going to be very fun to see how Snisher uses them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
At the top of round2

Stanley Jean Baptiste
Carlos Hyde
Jimmy Garapolo

Towards the back of Round2
Weston Richberg
Pierre Desir
AJ McCarron.
Allen Robinson

I list options because I could see the Rams trading picks and moving up or back for their guy. I could see them moving up for a guy like SJB. Then trading back into round2 for McCarron or Desir for example. Moving up worked great last year and they considered it in round1 so they, and I like, grabbing players that they rated much higher than where they are available. Stacy was better likely better than the guys they would have taken in rounds 6 & 7.

Trade up!

I agree with you on moving up in the 2nd round. This is a deep draft and getting two guys in this 2nd round could be huge. We have the ammo to get it done and still keep our 3rd round pick. And with those picks:

Bitonio/Su'a Filo
Mathews/Robinson
Jean-Baptiste ( Make him a FS)/Reynolds
Then, let's go get us a little insurance at QB, RB, CB and sprinkle some depth in for OLB.

Or we could go OLB in the 2nd:

Van Noy
Bradford

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Much further down. I have nothing against the kid but I just don't really love him. Didn't see him as special. And I like to draft guys that I feel strongly about.

When you watch the full games you see what is Special about Allen Robinson. He makes the big plays when the need to be made. He was always the guy who stepped up and didn't something that moved the chains or scored the TD. His TD catch at the end of the Michigan game was clutch and classic Robinson.

But if you are talking attributes I get ya. He did test very well at his pro day but he doesn't do any one thing great. He is just all around good at everything. He has the size and I bet he would be better than Quick is right now........which may be as good as Quick is period.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hey guys, who are your top guys that you'd like to see the Rams pick in the second round?
For me right now:
1. LaMarcus Joyner FS FSU
2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. Phillip Gaines CB Rice
4. Joel Bitonio OL Nevada (I think Bitonio is likely our pick if he's on the board)
5. Derek Carr QB Fresno State

Good Morning Jrry32
Easy for me the best pick @#44 would be OL Joel Bitonio but the big need pick is DB LaMarcus Joyner to play the Nickle. Gaines is the best pure corner on the board now.
So my list would be:
#1-OT/OG Joel Bitonio
#2-FS/CB La Marcus Joyner
#3-CB Phillip Gaines
#4-OLG Su'a-Filo
#5-ORG Gabe Jackson