Who do you want in the 2nd Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey guys, who are your top guys that you'd like to see the Rams pick in the second round?

For me right now:
1. LaMarcus Joyner FS FSU
2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. Phillip Gaines CB Rice
4. Joel Bitonio OL Nevada (I think Bitonio is likely our pick if he's on the board)
5. Derek Carr QB Fresno State

Really sad that SF got Jimmie Ward, though.

iced

Jordan Matthews, but I don't think he'll make it to the Rams

FRO

Legend
Joel Bitonio
Phillip Gaines
Jordan Matthews
Marqise Lee

jjab360

Legend
16. Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
24. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG UCLA
25. Lamarcus Joyner, DB Florida State
27. Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
28. Marqise Lee, WR USC
29. Davante Adams, WR Fresno State
30. Timmy Jernigan, DT Florida State
31. Derek Carr, QB Fresno State
32. Terrence Brooks, S Florida State
34. David Yankey, OG Stanford
35. Donte Moncrief, WR Ole Miss
37. Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech
38. Ra'Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
40. Morgan Moses, OT Virginia
41. Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
42. Joel Bitonio, OG Nevada
44. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB Eastern Illinois
45. Allen Robinson, WR Penn State
46. Phillip Gaines, CB Rice
47. Billy Turner, OT/OG North Dakota State
48. Stephon Tuitt, DT/DE Notre Dame
49. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington
50. Zach Mettenberger, QB LSU

Here's the rest of my top 50. Can probably eliminate the O and D-linemen or at least move them down a couple spots.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
16. Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
24. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG UCLA
25. Lamarcus Joyner, DB Florida State
27. Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
28. Marqise Lee, WR USC
29. Davante Adams, WR Fresno State
30. Timmy Jernigan, DT Florida State
31. Derek Carr, QB Fresno State
32. Terrence Brooks, S Florida State
34. David Yankey, OG Stanford
35. Donte Moncrief, WR Ole Miss
37. Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech
38. Ra'Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
40. Morgan Moses, OT Virginia
41. Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
42. Joel Bitonio, OG Nevada
44. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB Eastern Illinois
45. Allen Robinson, WR Penn State
46. Phillip Gaines, CB Rice
47. Billy Turner, OT/OG North Dakota State
48. Stephon Tuitt, DT/DE Notre Dame
49. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington
50. Zach Mettenberger, QB LSU

Here's the rest of my top 50. Can probably eliminate the O and D-linemen or at least move them down a couple spots.

I don't know man, I'm thinking Bitonio might be the guy. They wanted Martin and Bitonio has a similar skill-set. Plus, he's one of the guys left that we had in for a visit.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hey guys, who are your top guys that you'd like to see the Rams pick in the second round?

For me right now:
1. LaMarcus Joyner FS FSU
2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. Phillip Gaines CB Rice
4. Joel Bitonio OL Nevada (I think Bitonio is likely our pick if he's on the board)
5. Derek Carr QB Fresno State

Really sad that SF got Jimmie Ward, though.
I like all of those guys for us minus the QB. (y)
Bitonio is really in play too, since we've learned that Snisher were looking at Z.Martin.
I'm hoping for Joyner though. Need meets value. I doubt if Matthews or Joyner drops to us in the next 12 picks...we can only hope!
We need a run on something other than DB's to get going at the top of the 2nd.
Maybe after Bridgewater went last...Houston will come back with Carr and get some teams thinking QB. Raiders,Bucs and Titans could go QB.

Love our draft so far Jrry. We need to address a skill position at 44. Hopefully we get one.

scifiman

Guess whose scouting report this was for a DB.
Weaknesses
Can be baited out of position when in zone and a tick late to diagnose underneath routes. Tall, high-cut prospect who displays some hip-stiffness. Not explosive when transitioning or when changing direction. Lacks great recovery skills when beaten off the line. Can struggle tacking in the open field at times.

scifiman

Guess whose scouting report this was for a DB.
Weaknesses
Can be baited out of position when in zone and a tick late to diagnose underneath routes. Tall, high-cut prospect who displays some hip-stiffness. Not explosive when transitioning or when changing direction. Lacks great recovery skills when beaten off the line. Can struggle tacking in the open field at times.
He wasnt rated that high and now is the highest paid CB in the league.

scifiman

Overview
Sherman is a size prospect with some good intangibles that will help him mold into a contributing backup corner for a press-heavy team. However, he does not possess the natural coverage instincts, fluidity or burst to be considered a future starter. Is comfortable and capable in press man, using his size to disrupt receivers' releases off the line, but doesn't show enough make up speed to consistently recover when beaten. Awareness in zone and off-man are only adequate. Has average ball skills but some upside as a playmaker. Tough against the run but still developing from a technical standpoint. Sherman is a Day 3 prospect.

jjab360

Legend
I don't know man, I'm thinking Bitonio might be the guy. They wanted Martin and Bitonio has a similar skill-set. Plus, he's one of the guys left that we had in for a visit.
The Martin thing kind of surprised me, wonder what their mindset was with that situation. I wonder if they don't view Barksdale like the rest of us or something. Maybe they just feel like there's no way they can re-sign him and are looking towards the future. But yeah, Bitonio's a stud, imo, could've easily seen him going in the late first.

I could also see the guy at 44 being a WR, lots of really good talent left there and I feel like you might find a little more value at DB in the third round.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I could also see the guy at 44 being a WR, lots of really good talent left there and I feel like you might find a little more value at DB in the third round.

I still don't know about WR. I'd only want one if he's an upgrade over what we've got. And maybe I'm a pessimist, but I think we're all out of those.

jjab360

Legend
I still don't know about WR. I'd only want one if he's an upgrade over what we've got. And maybe I'm a pessimist, but I think we're all out of those.
If you don't think a guy like Matthews would be an upgrade over the guys we've got, you must think we've got the best WRs in the league lol.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If you don't think a guy like Matthews would be an upgrade over the guys we've got, you must think we've got the best WRs in the league lol.
Between Quick,Britt and Matthews...SOMEONE would have to emerge. Right?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The question is how much of an upgrade, and I only see that in a #1 type. We've GOT #2s and #3s.

fearsomefour

Legend
When I saw Manzeil in a cap all I could think was "the Browns just drafted Bruno Kirby"

Bitonio or the best DB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The question is how much of an upgrade, and I only see that in a #1 type. We've GOT #2s and #3s.

Well, Matthews is one of the most prolific WRs in SEC history, is 6'3" with 4.4 speed, and is a fluid mover. So I guess I see #1 type potential. I think he has Jordy Nelson like ability.