Who do you want in the 2nd Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
@Alan nice choice with Big Head Todd and the Monsters...great band buddy! I caught on to them back on the Riviera album up through to the most recent Black Beehive. :D

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Fisher said he wanted too trade back into rd1 for Zac Martin. So OG still in play UCLA kid or Gabe Jackson. In Rd 3 QB Aaron Murray is my guess.
The rest if the safety class is very weak.

There is some depth at OG so if they go DB this round you can find some talent in the 3rd or 4th at G. S falls off the cliff after Brooks, Joyner, Exum. I think your are on with Murray, looks like Murray or McCarron to me.

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110169&draftyear=2013&genpos=CB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109284&draftyear=2014&genpos=FS

The difference between the two is 0.75 inches and 0.01 seconds. Just saying...

Mathieu blows him away in terms of the agility drills while Joyner blew him away on the jumps and the bench.

Slightly slower on the official times. But, while almost impossible to judge, Mathieu just looked faster on the field to me.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyrann-mathieu?id=2540180
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/lamarcus-joyner?id=2543492

And the height difference, while small, is still a difference I would have preferred go the other way since I believe that Mathieu is the better player/playmaker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Slightly slower on the official times. But, while almost impossible to judge, Mathieu just looked faster on the field to me.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyrann-mathieu?id=2540180
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/lamarcus-joyner?id=2543492

And the height difference, while small, is still a difference I would have preferred go the other way since I believe that Mathieu is the better player/playmaker.

Well, I can't disagree but Mathieu is playing for Arizona so we don't have that opportunity. While Mathieu was the better playmaker and corner, I think Joyner displays better instincts in deep zone coverage and is a stronger player.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wonder if a center could be in play today. Scott Wells is sure making a lot of money for not being able to stay on the field.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wonder if a center could be in play today. Scott Wells is sure making a lot of money for not being able to stay on the field.

I still think they're grooming Jones to be the eventual replacement. Dude is smart as hell, they essentially gave him a redshirt year.. With word that he's gotten much bigger, I think he makes his way in the rotation with the coaching staff eyeing him to take over next year.

Slappy967

Starter
4 hours to go til we shake things up! I honestly believe tonight we will be more active moving around the board and am hoping we come out of the night with at least 3 players.

Alan

Legend
BatteringRambo with a taste for the good stuff:
nice choice with Big Head Todd and the Monsters...great band buddy! I caught on to them back on the Riviera album up through to the most recent Black Beehive. :D
Laid back rock. Good stuff. (y)
I've never seen them live but if this video is any measure of their live performances I'd like too.
I've got their Another Mayberry and Sister Sweetly CDs.

V3

Hall of Fame
We are not that far off. But, when I see BPA I have to give people the benefit of the doubt that it is within reason for common sense purposes. No one wants 10 RB or 5 QBs. No one would draft Andrew Luck, then follow that up with a 1st round QB the very next year. For me it's the same when the NFL people say it and when fans say it.

Sounds good to me. Diplomacy and communication has won once again on ROD. :cheers:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Don't sleep on Tom Savage in the 2nd either. Prepare to be surprised!

STLINI

UDFA
I'm a Joyner fan. I think he'd be a nice playmaker in the secondaryd either at FS or slot CB. I didn't watch a ton of Brooks, but from what I've seen I think he'd be a nice fit. I don't see them going WR, but I really like Matthews. I'm not sure I see the value of the CB's right now. Maybe Jean-Baptist, but not over Joyner and maybe not over Brooks. I'd rather get Decir, McGill or Aikens in round 3, but who knows if they make it there.

I know the Rams had reported interest in trading up for Martin, but if they do intend on starting Robinson at LG, I just don't see the need to go overboard with OL right now. I totally get the value over need sentiment, but they better have the guy graded waaaaay ahead of everybody else for me to think another OL at this point is a good pick.

STLINI

UDFA
Would anybody be shocked with a RB? Not that I want it, but if Hyde is still sitting there when we pick, that'd make a heck of a punch with Stacy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm a Joyner fan. I think he'd be a nice playmaker in the secondaryd either at FS or slot CB. I didn't watch a ton of Brooks, but from what I've seen I think he'd be a nice fit. I don't see them going WR, but I really like Matthews. I'm not sure I see the value of the CB's right now. Maybe Jean-Baptist, but not over Joyner and maybe not over Brooks. I'd rather get Decir, McGill or Aikens in round 3, but who knows if they make it there.

I know the Rams had reported interest in trading up for Martin, but if they do intend on starting Robinson at LG, I just don't see the need to go overboard with OL right now. I totally get the value over need sentiment, but they better have the guy graded waaaaay ahead of everybody else for me to think another OL at this point is a good pick.
I can't help but feel Greg Reid is our Lamarcus Joyner, very similar in size. He may be better, rusty, but better. I like the idea of drafting Jean-Baptiste and turning him into a big Safety but he could play a little CB. Drafting another OL, especially like Bitonio or Su'a Filo is insurance for now and a move towards the future because we don't know what Barksdale may cost us next season and we don't know for sure if Long is going to be 100%.