Which FA Center??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll be shocked if the Rams opt for a 2nd round tender for Williams. Only way that happens is if they know something about him where they'd rather have the pick OR they think there's a really good chance the corners in that area of the draft can replace him. I haven't nuked this CB class or anything but why induce all that chaos when we have enough shit to fix.

Tender Williams high and now if some team signs him away (it would only be the end of first round teams) we have that late first rounder and a jump at replacing him or addressing another need. It looks a lot shittier if we get round 2 comp.

You can't just line up anyone opposite Ramsey. Whoever that is will get worked so they gotta be ready to go not some guy who will need time to adjust.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cheap for me would be Corbett's $1.5mil during his 'contract' year. :biggrin:

Honestly, i'd much prefer to re-sign Floyd than spend the money on a free agent Center at this time. jmo.

I appreciate your opinion,but it FREAKING PISSES me off that every thinks for some reason Corbett is a Center. Austin Blythe was a PURE center who got stuck playing RG!!
He sucked at RG.Mainly because of his size.
Austin Corbett is okay,but I’m not sold on him past 2021.I still for some CRAZY reason think Brian Allen gets a shot & same with Shelton Coleman as well.Both players are going into 2021 with 3 years of experience.
My thinking goes back to how long it took McKromer to fill The center spot with John Sullivan.I’m still holding those cards & calling the BLUFF.So far I’m still in the game.Yes The Rams doubled down with Austin Blythe last season,but these 2 Ram Roster Centers are still under contract.
I look at the depth & The Rams are loaded.In 2022 The Rams will have to find a Top FA.How they manage this group of O”Lineman will be interesting.I have that vision.Just don’t see anyone around here looking at it in 20 / 20 !! I know a play on words as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll be shocked if the Rams opt for a 2nd round tender for Williams. Only way that happens is if they know something about him where they'd rather have the pick OR they think there's a really good chance the corners in that area of the draft can replace him. I haven't nuked this CB class or anything but why induce all that chaos when we have enough shit to fix.

Tender Williams high and now if some team signs him away (it would only be the end of first round teams) we have that late first rounder and a jump at replacing him or addressing another need. It looks a lot shittier if we get round 2 comp.

You can't just line up anyone opposite Ramsey. Whoever that is will get worked so they gotta be ready to go not some guy who will need time to adjust.

What happens with Troy Hill? David Long is next CB up.I think Floyd is gone. The Rams 2020 draft picks need to step up.The WR position is huge.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I appreciate your opinion,but it FREAKING PISSES me off that every thinks for some reason Corbett is a Center. Austin Blythe was a PURE center who got stuck playing RG!!
He sucked at RG.Mainly because of his size.
Austin Corbett is okay,but I’m not sold on him past 2021.I still for some CRAZY reason think Brian Allen gets a shot & same with Shelton Coleman as well.Both players are going into 2021 with 3 years of experience.
My thinking goes back to how long it took McKromer to fill The center spot with John Sullivan.I’m still holding those cards & calling the BLUFF.So far I’m still in the game.Yes The Rams doubled down with Austin Blythe last season,but these 2 Ram Roster Centers are still under contract.
I look at the depth & The Rams are loaded.In 2022 The Rams will have to find a Top FA.How they manage this group of O”Lineman will be interesting.I have that vision.Just don’t see anyone around here looking at it in 20 / 20 !! I know a play on words as well.

Most pundits had Corbett coming into the league as a Center or OG, it was only his HC at Cleveland that intended to groom him as an OT, that idea quickly failed and the HC was fired mid-season.
Neither Allen or Shelton were offered a starting OG role where Corbett nailed down both LG and RG when needed. Both Corbett and Allen are currently qualified to become free agents following the 2021 season, Shelton may be fortunate to have a Practice Squad spot next year, but all will have pre-season opportunities to impress, so may the best man win. I just happen to believe that Corbett is currently the best man available if we stay in-house.
jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Most pundits had Corbett coming into the league as a Center or OG, it was only his HC at Cleveland that intended to groom him as an OT, that idea quickly failed and the HC was fired mid-season.
Neither Allen or Shelton were offered a starting OG role where Corbett nailed down both LG and RG when needed. Both Corbett and Allen are currently qualified to become free agents following the 2021 season, Shelton may be fortunate to have a Practice Squad spot next year, but all will have pre-season opportunities to impress, so may the best man win. I just happen to believe that Corbett is currently the best man available if we stay in-house.
jmo.

Yeah - hard for me to see Corbett as The Rams center right now.Have not heard any reports of him practicing at center.Both Allen & Shelton have been the back up Centers.Imo- those Reps are not meaningless.
If Corbett takes over the Center spot what does the O”Line look like to you.
Time will tell.I’ll chill & have more of an open mind.Just looking for a report from Rams camp with Corbett at Center.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah - hard for me to see Corbett as The Rams center right now.Have not heard any reports of him practicing at center.Both Allen & Shelton have been the back up Centers.Imo- those Reps are not meaningless.
If Corbett takes over the Center spot what does the O”Line look like to you.
Time will tell.I’ll chill & have more of an open mind.Just looking for a report from Rams camp with Corbett at Center.

Corbett was brought to the Rams because Allen was struggling, he was practicing and learning the Center calls for a few weeks, right up until the time Allen went down to injury, forcing Blythe to Center as he was the only Center with a complete & thorough knowledge and ability to make all the calls. Corbett was moved to LG and Edwards was at RG for the remainder of the 2019 season.

Without any changes due to free agency, trades or the upcoming draft, my current OL would look something like this :

LT) Whitworth
LG) Edwards
C) Corbett
RG) Brewer
RT) Havenstein

For a more comprehensive look at what I would prefer our 2021 OL to look like, you will need to check out my mock :

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Corbett was brought to the Rams because Allen was struggling, he was practicing and learning the Center calls for a few weeks, right up until the time Allen went down to injury, forcing Blythe to Center as he was the only Center with a complete & thorough knowledge and ability to make all the calls. Corbett was moved to LG and Edwards was at RG for the remainder of the 2019 season.

Without any changes due to free agency, trades or the upcoming draft, my current OL would look something like this :

LT) Whitworth
LG) Edwards
C) Corbett
RG) Brewer
RT) Havenstein

For a more comprehensive look at what I would prefer our 2021 OL to look like, you will need to check out my mock :

That is pretty far Fetched to me.To each his own though.I just don’t think you respect The Rams organization on what The Franchise is building.

Once again who do The Rams get rid of from there roster before even looking at a Mock.I’ll check it out though. Thanks

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That is pretty far Fetched to me.To each his own though.I just don’t think you respect The Rams organization on what The Franchise is building.

Once again who do The Rams get rid of from there roster before even looking at a Mock.I’ll check it out though. Thanks

Far fetched & disrespectful, based on the current roster ? How do you come to this conclusion ?
Based on the same current roster, ... without free agents, trades or draft picks, what does your OL look like today ?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I favor signing a tier 2 FA to be our starting C. Another Sullivan in ’17 type of guy.

Drafting a C high for the future would be fine by me, as well.

But I’m afraid that Demoff is gonna have to do some serious restructuring if the Rams hope to be at all active in FA this offseason. Restructuring is something that Demoff hates to do, but the current Covid cap circumstances might force the issue.

Even with drastic restructuring I’m not sure extending Floyd is realistic. This offseason is gonna be very, very tricky.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

LT) Whitworth
LG) Edwards
C) Corbett
RG) Brewer
RT) Havenstein

Yes - Big Rob has to GO!! Bobby Evans,Brewer & Antrum.

If Big Rob is traded then it opens things up for The Rams to draft a Lineman in 2021 draft.

IMO - the Offensive Line played well.When Wolford came in it showed how things could open up on offense.
Now that Stafford is coming in & The O”Line has another season of experience I think Ram Fans will notice a big difference.
—Still Allen & Shelton should be brought back.I’m not a Allen Fan but think The Rams have to much invested in him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I favor signing a tier 2 FA to be our starting C. Another Sullivan in ’17 type of guy.

But I’m afraid that Demoff is gonna have to do some serious restructuring if the Rams hope to be at all active in FA this offseason. Restructuring is something that Demoff hates to do, but the current Covid cap circumstances might force the issue.

Even with drastic restructuring I’m not sure extending Floyd is realistic. This offseason is gonna be very, very tricky.

Yep!! Agree it willl be interesting on who The Rams can keep.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Drafting a Center 'high' still means someone on the back-end of the 2'nd round unless we trade another draft pick to move up, and if that's the case, starting the season at Center seems highly unlikely as it requires time to understand the reads and calls.

How much are you willing to pay your 'tier 2' Center, and who exactly are you considering in what appears to be a limited market ?

Signing Stafford changes the whole construct, so restructuring is pretty much our only out unless we start unloading high priced veterans wholesale.

Signing Floyd long-term generally means first year savings over the length of his contract. If Floyds market value has him at 4 years/$52mi., his first year CAP may be closer to $7 or 8mil. So my next question would be : do you value Havenstein or Brockers more than Floyd ? I keep Floyd and trade either of those guys or both if that's what it takes. jmo.

Last edited:

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I wouldn't. I've made my opinions clear on DWill. 1st round tender... and I'd be gutted to have to make due with a likely late 1st rounder...

But I just have a sneaking suspicion that the Rams are gonna try to thread the needle on this one and DWill's gonna get poached...

But I also had a feeling Watson was gonna be a Ram, so... F my feelings, apparently...LOL
Oh yeah, I forgot about your psychic premonition. If you would have shelled out the $4.99 per minute and called CLEO you’d have known Stafford was the pick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Short of prying away Corey Linsley from GB, I REALLY hope the Rams use that 2nd on a Center, whoever they think is the best C for pass pro... someone who can stone those heavy NTs and move people in the run game.

We NEED a stud Center. I know we can make due with an Alex Mack type, but I REALLY think a stud Center is key to not just getting to that next level, but keeping Stafford clean so that he can be a long term solution.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Btw watch Williams get a third round tag. Because Snead's like "you don't know shit RoD." :ROFLMAO:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not sure about relationship with the coaches, but I just think we'll sign a C that most of the fans will probably be somewhat disappointed with - whether it's Mack, Pouncey, or someone like Garland. I know when we signed Sullivan years ago I was like "meh".

Good thing about the cap coming down - assuming we can make at least some room - is that some of those older guys should be really cheap. And hopefully at least one wants to come play for us to be on a winning team.
UFA ex 9er Ben Garland 6-5/315 lbs would be an excellent veteran low-cost option to join the youthful large center cadre room in Thousand Oaks. Center/OG Garland has always played very well against the Rams & he has more than once neutralized Aaron Donald. Garland is only 33 yrs old & has value.
Short of prying away Corey Linsley from GB, I REALLY hope the Rams use that 2nd on a Center, whoever they think is the best C for pass pro... someone who can stone those heavy NTs and move people in the run game. We NEED a stud Center. I know we can make due with an Alex Mack type, but I REALLY think a stud Center is key to not just getting to that next level, but keeping Stafford clean so that he can be a long term solution.
I see that initial selection in our 2021 draft going for a young player who is talented enough to start in one of our big serious areas of concern which IMO is @ the edge of our defense @ OLB or for the outside boundary corner position.

I do not disagree with you on thoughts @ center in any way but with just 3 picks in the first 2 days of the draft, a good center can be obtained very late on the second day & early on the third day. That rookie center will not be starting anyway he will ride the bench all season being groomed. Kromer is sure to go with a center who knows McVay's playbook & has some experience with Kromer's OL outside zone blocking scheme. Expect to see Shelton/ Corbett or even Allen getting starting snaps, not a rookie.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't be surprised if the Rams select a receiver in the second round.
Again? Do you really think the Rams will invest more of the team's very short supply of NFL legal tender on another WR?

Rams just made sign 2 two of their WR's to brand new contracts in September 20202 where these WR's are in the top five salaried Ram players. That would be Kupp who is slated to make just under $50 million for 3 seasons & Woods $65 million for 4 seasons. Then in 2020, the Rams used a 2nd round selection for Van Jefferson who only saw 21 snaps?

Rams also have WR's Nsimba Webster entering his 3rd season & Trishton Jackson {6-2/210 4.48 in the 40} & J.J. Koski entering their 2nd season. It's been said often last season that the 2020 4th rd selection Brycen Hopkins {6-4/240} is far more pass-catching wideout receiver than an NFL TE.

Rams also have TE receivers Tyler Higbee (who seemed to be forgotten by Goff in 2020 was only targeted 60 times), & Kendall Blanton who will enter his 3rd season as a Ram. Now I can see clearly the Rams resigning RFA TE Johnny Mundt for 2021 too.

I see Trishton Jackson a 4.5/40 as a training camp strong sleeper to fill the position that Josh Reynolds left vacated. Webster who has not been seen @ WR runs under 4.40 in the 40 is no turtle. Koski is not slow either very Beasley like who plays for the Bills.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Short of prying away Corey Linsley from GB, I REALLY hope the Rams use that 2nd on a Center, whoever they think is the best C for pass pro... someone who can stone those heavy NTs and move people in the run game.

We NEED a stud Center. I know we can make due with an Alex Mack type, but I REALLY think a stud Center is key to not just getting to that next level, but keeping Stafford clean so that he can be a long term solution.

I don't think there is a higher priority this offseason now that they've made their decision at QB. And precisely because they've made their decision at QB. The best way to make this trade work out is to focus resources on the OL, especially getting the C position right.