Which FA Center??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
Just curious, because I personally dont buy in to Pfft, but what was the Rams "rating" for pass blocking as a team?

PFF doesn't list an overall team grade. Just a rank at position.

Pass Block
Havenstein 40 of 75 T (Grade 70.8)
Blythe 26 of 37 C (Grade 52.8)
Corbett 41 of 81 G (Grade 61.5)
Edwards 31 of 81 G (Grade 64.4)
Whitworth 8 of 75 T (Grade 84.7)
Everett 37 of 51 TE (Grade 61.0)
Higbee 21 of 51 TE (Grade 68.8)

Run Block
Havenstein 9 of 76 T (Grade 83.9)
Blythe 9 of 36 C (Grade 74.2)
Corbett 12 of 73 G (Grade 76.4)
Edwards 22 of 73 G (Grade 68.8)
Whitworth 8 of 76 T (Grade 84.0)
Everett 32 of 76 TE (Grade 62.7)
Higbee 30 of 76 TE (Grade 62.8)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Umm.... Where are we getting the cash to sign a guy?

I am thinking we keep Williams, which on a one yr tender won't be cheap. And I like the idea of keeping Floyd and he may want to stay to get a shot at a ring.

Then thats it I am thinking. So I would like to see Corbett at C and a more physical RG being drafted. Can get a really good G in the 3rd since they slide.

Or draft a physical C...
You gotta think there's going to be some creative contract restructures that happen to free up money. Otherwise we can't do a damn thing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF doesn't list an overall team grade. Just a rank at position.

Pass Block
Havenstein 40 of 75 T (Grade 70.8)
Blythe 26 of 37 C (Grade 52.8)
Corbett 41 of 81 G (Grade 61.5)
Edwards 31 of 81 G (Grade 64.4)
Whitworth 8 of 75 T (Grade 84.7)
Everett 37 of 51 TE (Grade 61.0)
Higbee 21 of 51 TE (Grade 68.8)
So their starting 5 average rating is 29.2, and the TEs 29
So is it fair to say their pass blocking was ranked somewhere around 29 in the league?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know if they have resources to upgrade the center position. Blythe disappointed me. Late in the 2019 season it seemed like he stabilized the center position. I had high hopes for him in 2020. Not sure he should be re-signed. We don't need an experienced center to help the quarterback read defenses. Stafford is experienced enough for that. Maybe Corbett would be a better option there? Edwards, Evans and Noteboom have another year of experience? Do we take a chance and stick with them hoping the continuity makes a difference next season?

dang

Legend
So their starting 5 average rating is 29.2, and the TEs 29
So is it fair to say their pass blocking was ranked somewhere around 29 in the league?
multiple players on each team for each position. so it would be an average of 29th out of 64 players.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sign mack AND draft one on day 2.
Mack gets a 2 year sully deal while his protege possibly plays next to him.

This solves both problems:
1) instant upgrade
2) drafting (finally) a legit starting Center who won’t have to start his 1rst year—unless the wheels finally come off of mack.
I could see the Rams doing that. Signing Mack cheap for a run is something someone will do and that is right up Snead's alley lol.

But even if they sign him I want a good center in this draft. So for me it's draft a center that offers the best return albeit with more risk. And use that cash to tag Floyd. Not sure if doable but that is what I'd like to see.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You gotta think there's going to be some creative contract restructures that happen to free up money. Otherwise we can't do a damn thing.
Sure, but they can't do everything... Otherwise you just kill yourself the next yr.

I would think its just as important to keep the D top 5, then thst also makes Stafford's life easier.

Floyd, Williams, and a C...

Who knows maybe they put a lower tender on Williams so they can collect a pick. A 2nd round tender is a $3M contract.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Sure, but they can't do everything... Otherwise you just kill yourself the next yr.

I would think its just as important to keep the D top 5, then thst also makes Stafford's life easier.

Floyd, Williams, and a C...

Who knows maybe they put a lower tender on Williams so they can collect a pick. A 2nd round tender is a $3M contract.
Going to be interesting for sure. And you're right, can't keep everyone. If we can keep our D mainly in tact and even a slight improvement on the OL I think we'll be fine. Maybe we get lucky and hit on some depth/future talent in the draft again as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have nobody on this roster that can do what Floyd just did. Got some guys who might develop in their rush game but they lack his strength at the point, his ability to disengage and cover ground, and his rangy build. The guy just controls space and he takes up a lot of it.

I don't know how we get that in the draft where we're drafting. So yeah I do think he is a priority whether or not they find a way to keep him. Oh and I don't want a long term contract if possible a tag is better. Call me paranoid but with all the whiffs we've had with contracts let's see him do it again in 2021.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Max restructure AD, Ramsey, Woods and Kupp. Extend Stafford to afford more cap relief this year.
iu

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We have nobody on this roster that can do what Floyd just did. Got some guys who might develop in their rush game but they lack his strength at the point, his ability to disengage and cover ground, and his rangy build. The guy just controls space and he takes up a lot of it.

I don't know how we get that in the draft where we're drafting. So yeah I do think he is a priority whether or not they find a way to keep him. Oh and I don't want a long term contract if possible a tag is better. Call me paranoid but with all the whiffs we've had with contracts let's see him do it again in 2021.
Agree, he was so much better against the run than Fowler. More disciplined and even a more consistent pass rusher.

He put this D over the top and if they can keep him, and get better, more consistent play at MLB, then the D could be even better.

That helps your QB tremendously. Want to keep Stafford healthy? Keep him out of shootouts and predictable passing situations in desperate come from behind game situations. Limit the hits he will take.

I think that is one of the things that has helped to keep Brady upright. Probably avg 3 games a yr where he was put in predictable/ desperate passing situations since his team mostly cruised to their wins.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that is one of the things that has helped to keep Brady upright.
I'm with you. An OL might be a QB's best friend but a great defense is that friend whose dad owns a jet and and a great house to throw parties in when he's off making bank.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine what our line would do to teams on the ground with a drive blocker like that at center. Holy shit man. With him and Ed, even Corbs I have to think I'd be running a lot more power on the inside.

And the thing about power is once your advantage is there in a game it's there. Once that DL knows they can't stop the run that's when the big yards start happening and we have Akers ready to roll.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Honestly, I think our O Line wasn’t as awful as most people here think

A little pocket presence goes a long way towards making an O line look good and a lack of it can sure make one look bad.

I am not expecting a sexy big name signing on the O line.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that's kinda cynical, but also... touché.

I also thought that the Rams would do little to nothing on the OL, but now?

Going all in on Stafford like this makes me think they'll try something.

Snead and Co will be able to make a few moves, but they gonna have to really push a ton of money into 2022...which is fine as we have no dead cap there.

We def don't have the money for JJ3. It's not close.

We could and should have the money to tender Darious Williams a 1st round tender, but I have a feeling the Rams will offer the 2nd which is substantially less money.

If we tender Williams a 2nd, we should have the money for a single impact OL or Edge.

We'll see. Snead is a freaking wizard, so there are tricks they'll be able to do that I can't imagine doing...
I agree with everything here except the 2nd round tender for DWill. I just can't imagine that they would risk losing a starting CB over $1.1M.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I agree with everything here except the 2nd round tender for DWill. I just can't imagine that they would risk losing a starting CB over $1.1M.
^^^^^This in spades^^^^^
D. Will is to valuable to this defense to take a chance with.
Put a first round tender on him and call it good.

~ArkyRamsFan~